Comments From Fellow Bills Fans That Drives You Crazy

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I will never...NEVER understand the love that some Bills have for Doug Whaley.  You’ll see thousands of excuses defending him.  Some even going far out of their way to make excuses for Whaley.

Like every Bills GM since Butler stepped aside (yes this includes Russ Brandon), he had some hits and misses.  But overall DW had no vision and ZERO idea how to build a team long term.  He seemed over his head - which he probably was.  Also it’s no coincidence that he hasn’t found his way back in the NFL.  

I’m very glad they moved on from Doug - I only wish this move was done earlier in the year.

But he brought in a bunch of big name players and Rex was forced on him, so it wasn’t his fault. At least that’s the narrative from many Bills fans. I complete agree with you. Whaley’s team had no vision, or coherent plan for the future. Rex was a poor coaching hire, but I don’t think he was the only problem. Many Whaley fans think that with a different coach we would have been a Super Bowl contender. That is complete nonsense.

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

"Lets just focus on _______ this week before we think about the ________ game" 

Thats one that always makes me lol.

It’s the opposite line of thinking that drives me crazy. Let’s play week 3 before we ponder week 4.  

19 hours ago, Logic said:

Two things:

1.) The "Bills should have taken Mahomes" comment completely ignores the context of the situation. The Bills had a brand new head coach. They knew Doug Whaley was a lame duck. The new head coach didn't want the lame duck GM making a pick of such high consequence. Why base the selection of a franchise QB -- a decision which, if it misfires, can sink a coach's tenure with a team before it even begins -- on the scouting work of a GM/staff that you're about to fire? It also ignores the fact that Mahomes was no sure thing. People can look back now with 20/20 hindsight and say that selecting Mahomes there should've been a no-brainer for the Bills, but go back and read the pre-draft profile on Mahomes and what people were saying about him and, again, his selection was no sure thing. Hell, the Bears traded up in the draft, giving up significant ammo in the process, to draft MITCHELL TRUBISKY over Mahomes. Not one single analyst or "expert" anywhere questioned it or thought they should have taken Mahomes instead.

2.) In spite of everything I just said, the fact is this: Constantly repeating the Mahomes line is the definition of beating a dead horse. We all know what went down. We all know how good Mahomes is. We all know he was taken with the Bills' original 1st round pick slot. ENOUGH ALREADY! How long are you people going to repeat yourselves about this? Another five years? Ten? Two more decades? Are you gonna be talking about it on your deathbed? So much happens every week in the NFL and so much exciting stuff is happening with the Bills RIGHT NOW, that to choose "We could have had Mahomes" as your talking point is just lazy, repetitive, irritating, pessimistic drivel. Why not concentrate on some of the many good young players that are actually on the Bills roster? Why not concentrate on the fact that it looks like the Bills may have taken a franchise QB of their own? Why continue to beat the dead horse and ignore the context and fixate on the same damn fact over and over and over again?! It just reeks of grasping at straws to be pessimistic. Enough. Get a life.

So much this, so so much. Agree 1000%

Over the years I've complained about the coaching staffs / regimes right after they made serious blunders only to hear Bills fans defend them...and keep defending them right up until they were fired!

Some Bills fans defending pseudo GM Russ Brandon like they were getting paid to do so.  The man in charge of marketing for the Buffalo Bills in the Bills cut room on the phone to players...yea sure...he isn't involved in the football side of the org. 

Lately, though, I've been defending McD and this regime and I find have no understandable, logical reason as to why Bills fans are complaining. Yes, Beane and McD have made some bad moves, but they corrected them fairly quickly.

None as bad and being desperate for a LT and drafting a "waterbug" RB or using two firsts and a fourth on a receiver when you don't have a franchise QB. Drafting a safety because of a need over a superstar at DT. Moving up in the draft for QB's, DTs and other bums. Drafting a PX 90 one year college wonder at LBer over three other LBers that would go on to be all pros drafted later in that same draft. 

Giving away or trading away all pro players because they might be too expensive...when you have no cap room despite not having a 25+ mill per QB on the roster. 

It all starts at the top when you have morons running a team...then mostly nothing works. 20 years of dysfunction !  Stating that, Bills fans should be rejoicing now that they finally have owners and people at the top of the football side that actually know what they are doing. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Over the years I've complained about the coaching staffs / regimes right after they made serious blunders only to hear Bills fans defend them...and keep defending them right up until they were fired!

Some Bills fans defending pseudo GM Russ Brandon like they were getting paid to do so.  The man in charge of marketing for the Buffalo Bills in the Bills cut room on the phone to players...yea sure...he isn't involved in the football side of the org. 

Lately, though, I've been defending McD and this regime and I find have no understandable, logical reason as to why Bills fans are complaining. Yes, Beane and McD have made some bad moves, but they corrected them fairly quickly.

None as bad and being desperate for a LT and drafting a "waterbug" RB or using two firsts and a fourth on a receiver when you don't have a franchise QB. Drafting a safety because of a need over a superstar at DT. Moving up in the draft for QB's, DTs and other bums. Drafting a PX 90 one year college wonder at LBer over three other LBers that would go on to be all pros drafted later in that same draft. 

Giving away or trading away all pro players because they might be too expensive...when you have no cap room despite not having a 25+ mill per QB on the roster. 

It all starts at the top when you have morons running a team...then mostly nothing works. 20 years of dysfunction !  Stating that, Bills fans should be rejoicing now that they finally have owners and people at the top of the football side that actually know what they are doing. 

I agree with this.  

I was told that I loved being negative, I wasnt a real fan, and that I rooted for them to lose because I disapproved of the chronically poor management.  It was very poor and it was/is clear as day. 

Now, I am pleased with McDermott/Beane and feel like they are going in the right direction.  I have supported them throughout.... although I waivered a bit with the QB 'mismanagement' early last season.   

On 9/16/2019 at 12:27 PM, Phil The Thrill said:

Most of the people here are Bills fans, but if you are like me and read these forums or scroll Twitter during the week (especially on game days), then there are repetitive comments that likely get on your nerves made by Bills fans.  

The past two weeks, I’ve noticed a lot of these patterns.  How about you?

”We should have never gotten rid of....”

There’s a bit of revisionist history with a lot of Bills fans.  Anytime an ex-player has a good (or even marginally good moment), some fans will pine for a former player, without considering any context and in some cases...logic.  Last year there were people who were legitimately lamenting the loss of Nick O’Leary, Seantrell Henderson, and Tyrod Taylor.  Last week everyone was upset that the Bills moved on from Shady because he ran for 81 yards.  This week he was back to his usual 2 yards a carry.  Ditto for Sammy.  I’m sure if Logan Thomas makes a catch, someone will be like “We never should have gotten rid of Logan Thomas!”

”We should trade for __________”

Anytime there is a big name player looking for a trade.  Fans immediately want the Bills to make a move - no matter how illogical the trade might be.  There were a lot of people who would have been happy to see the Bills trade high draft picks for Jadaveon Clowney who is a 1 year rental.  How many people want a trade for Melvin Gordon, again a 1 year rental, who is going to want a phat contract.  Not gonna happen.  Yet I see a lot of comments for people who want and legitimately think the Bills should trade for Gordon.  

“You’re not a true fan if you criticize the Bills.”

I belong to a Bills Facebook group where many members scolded other for posting previous comments about how bad the Bills were playing.  LOL.  To some Bills fans any criticism is off base.  I don’t agree with that 

But, but, but... I'm called a troll when I give an outside perspective. Truth and facts be damned!

On 9/16/2019 at 12:27 PM, Phil The Thrill said:

“You’re not a true fan if you criticize the Bills.”

I belong to a Bills Facebook group where many members scolded other for posting previous comments about how bad the Bills were playing.  LOL.  To some Bills fans any criticism is off base.  I don’t agree with that 

How about the opposite?  There was a definite gang of people going "You're an idiot if you don't agree the sky is falling and we should fire everyone" when the Giants scored that opening TD.

• Like (+1) 1