Comments From Fellow Bills Fans That Drives You Crazy

Mahomes is just the latest in guys that we (along with most or all NFL teams) shouldn't have passed on. In no particular order:

• JJ Watt
  •  Wilson
  • Gronk
  • Brady
  • Big Ben
  • Rodgers  
2 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

this is for the fellow lurkers.

please stop quoting a op that has a huge story. you read through a huge op then have to constantly scroll through it multiple times throughout the replys. most the time its to add a 1 sentence reply. if you reply its obviously towards the topic of the op.

not like this op is a good example, but you all know what im saying.

Image result for when someone with an anime profile pic gives their opinion

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In fairness C.Biscuit has come A LONG WAY.   

He went from the most aggressive apologist in the history of TSW.........he would MF you up and down for being critical of Jauron.........to having a very jaundiced eye for Billsy trends.

But you gotta' take things on a case to case basis...........just because it rings Billsy doesn't mean it's going to turn out that way.

Yes, he had the most brutally bad takes blow up in his face, year after year. The last straw was when he pinned all hope on Whaley, believing and enhancing all the hype. "Finally, I will be right on something Bills-related!" Something snapped the day that DW was fired, and cold reality finally set in. He developed a seething jealousy and hatred for the new regime. giving them no credit for anything, and longed for the days when his beloved Whaley, EJ, Sammy, etc. were still with the team. "If only this..." "If only that..." Sometimes life and football just isn't fair. :(

Fascinating case study, no doubt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mahomes has started out far better than both of those guys.   Just doing it by mistake is an astounding error that you at least should find gallows humor in if nothing else.:lol:

The key point about Mahomes that the whiners conveniently never mention is that Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith for a year. Even though Smith knew he was being replaced he openly shared his knowledge and really helped Mahomes prepare for the job.

Similar situation with Rogers behind Favre. 

Had they been drafted by the Bills and subsequently thrown to the wolves right off the bat neither would have flourished like they have. 

11 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Mahomes is just the latest in guys that we (along with most or all NFL teams) shouldn't have passed on. In no particular order:

• JJ Watt
  •  Wilson
  • Gronk
  • Brady
  • Big Ben
  • Rodgers  

Image result for when someone with an anime profile pic gives their opinion

lol i know this, thats why im a lurker.

but what is that you got there? the western ukrain redcats symbol? we are in america on a buffalo bills site man! also it kills your argument when you use a picture of cartoon hedgehog to drive home your point lol. 

now let me lurk in piece

4 hours ago, WideNine said:

Folks that correct grammar (incorrectly) that has nothing to do with the topic 

you're
[yo͝or, yôr]

CONTRACTION
  1. you are.
    "you're an angel, Deb!"
    or
    "you're not a true fan..." as in a contraction of "You are" not a true fan....

Maybe I'm wrong but I took it as a poke at the typical misspellings of common contractions by Monday morning armchair QBs/HCs/GMs that drive me, for one, absolutely batsh*t 

1 minute ago, Buffarukus said:

but what is that you got there? the western ukrain redcats symbol? we are in america on a buffalo bills site man!

Its the University of Houston Cougars. Alma Mater of Bills 1st Round Pick Ed Oliver. With a Zubaz background, a style popularized by the Buffalo Bills fanbase.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

You got these wrong

It's "We should never of gotten rid of"

And "Your not a true fan..."

Please - learn appropriate grammar

Not quite the same, but when I was in high school we thought everyone we worked with on a summer job was named or nicknamed Waddell because on your first day whoever was in charge would come up to you and say, "Waddell's your name."

23 minutes ago, SloanBillsFan said:

The key point about Mahomes that the whiners conveniently never mention is that Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith for a year. Even though Smith knew he was being replaced he openly shared his knowledge and really helped Mahomes prepare for the job.

Similar situation with Rogers behind Favre. 

Had they been drafted by the Bills and subsequently thrown to the wolves right off the bat neither would have flourished like they have. 

Favre helped Rodgers?   That's not what everyone else has heard.:lol:

Patrick Mahomes didn't need Alex Smith.........his old man was a long time major leaguer........he grew up knowing how to be a pro athlete.

I think Allen got all the QB room learnin' up he needed from Derek Anderson.........sometimes the lesser QB's actually make better teachers.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Logic said:

Clearly, your talents are being wasted at whatever job you're currently doing. 

You should quit at once and become a scout or other front office personnel in the NFL. It's clear you have the expertise and confidence. Don't waste another minute.

This is one example. Rather than a counter-point you get someone telling you to apply for a job. Happens a lot on here and it’s a white flag in my eyes. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

Clearly, your talents are being wasted at whatever job you're currently doing. 

You should quit at once and become a scout or other front office personnel in the NFL. It's clear you have the expertise and confidence. Don't waste another minute.

I don't think my vacation schedule would mesh with "The Process".:flirt:

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

This is one example. Rather than a counter-point you get someone telling you to apply for a job. Happens a lot on here and it’s a white flag in my eyes. 

In fairness...........I did make fun of him when he said he was a market trend analyst for Sears so I guess I had it coming.?

29 minutes ago, SloanBillsFan said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I took it as a poke at the typical misspellings of common contractions by Monday morning armchair QBs/HCs/GMs that drive me, for one, absolutely batsh*t 

I am usually chill with mispellings, just think that pointing them out can be overused as a tool to discredit sound debate.

Heck most of us are on our phones where typos easily happen and auto correct can have unforeseen consequences. Like a friend of mine that sent out a mass corporate email that ended with "Sorry for the incontinence".

Edited by WideNine
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

Yes, but it’s so over used and worn. We get it. 

I agree, WE get it. The rest of the world does not. As soon as they get it right, we can let it go.  ?

OR, as an alternative....stop calling Buffalo “upstate NY”. That’s just ignorant and NYC-centric. I come from WNY. If you’re not NYC, the rest is just lumped into “upstate”. 

On another note, those “We should trade player X to team Y for player Z” comments are just silly. I wish that nonsense would go away. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Favre helped Rodgers?   That's not what everyone else has heard.:lol:

Patrick Mahomes didn't need Alex Smith.........his old man was a long time major leaguer........he grew up knowing how to be a pro athlete.

I think Allen got all the QB room learnin' up he needed from Derek Anderson.........sometimes the lesser QB's actually make better teachers.:thumbsup:

You're right but I doubt Rogers was twiddling his thumbs all that time sitting behind Farve. 

Not dismissing the very real talents of Mahomes or Rogers. Just opining that had either been put in a starting role immediately after being drafted might not have seen the same longer term results but who knows.

Both might still have become greats but to the point of the hackneyed statements that the Bills woulda, coulda, shoulda about both players it's just one of those things we'll never know. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I agree, WE get it. The rest of the world does not. As soon as they get it right, we can let it go.  ?

OR, as an alternative....stop calling Buffalo “upstate NY”. That’s just ignorant and NYC-centric. I come from WNY. If you’re not NYC, the rest is just lumped into “upstate”. 

On another note, those “We should trade player X to team Y for player Z” comments are just silly. I wish that nonsense would go away. 

I hate the Upstate NY reference to Buffalo! Why do I have to find myself explaining this to people. I just say yeah and walk away now! It is almost as bad as explaining that there is a whole State of NY besides NYC!

Edited by Rocket94

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I am usually chill with mispellings, just think that pointing them out can be overused as a tool to discredit sound debate.

Heck most of us are on our phones where typos easily happen and auto correct can have unforeseen consequences. Like a friend of mine that sent out a mass corporate email that ended with "Sorry for the incontinence".

You're right but, as a writer, it's just maddening to me. My wife, whom I love dearly, omits all vowels in many of her texts and frequently uses "too" instead of "to". What can I say, I'm quickly becoming an old fart. LOL 

• Like (+1) 1