Comments From Fellow Bills Fans That Drives You Crazy

40 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Most of the people here are Bills fans, but if you are like me and read these forums or scroll Twitter during the week (especially on game days), then there are repetitive comments that likely get on your nerves made by Bills fans.  

The past two weeks, I’ve noticed a lot of these patterns.  How about you?

”We should have never gotten rid of....”

There’s a bit of revisionist history with a lot of Bills fans.  Anytime an ex-player has a good (or even marginally good moment), some fans will pine for a former player, without considering any context and in some cases...logic.  Last year there were people who were legitimately lamenting the loss of Nick O’Leary, Seantrell Henderson, and Tyrod Taylor.  Last week everyone was upset that the Bills moved on from Shady because he ran for 81 yards.  This week he was back to his usual 2 yards a carry.  Ditto for Sammy.  I’m sure if Logan Thomas makes a catch, someone will be like “We never should have gotten rid of Logan Thomas!”

”We should trade for __________”

Anytime there is a big name player looking for a trade.  Fans immediately want the Bills to make a move - no matter how illogical the trade might be.  There were a lot of people who would have been happy to see the Bills trade high draft picks for Jadaveon Clowney who is a 1 year rental.  How many people want a trade for Melvin Gordon, again a 1 year rental, who is going to want a phat contract.  Not gonna happen.  Yet I see a lot of comments for people who want and legitimately think the Bills should trade for Gordon.  

“You’re not a true fan if you criticize the Bills.”

I belong to a Bills Facebook group where many members scolded other for posting previous comments about how bad the Bills were playing.  LOL.  To some Bills fans any criticism is off base.  I don’t agree with that 

I will never understand the abnormal obsession with Watkins; never lived up to first round status, never!

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

You got these wrong

It's "We should never of gotten rid of"

And "Your not a true fan..."

Please - learn appropriate grammar

• Haha (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, Rico said:

EJ had better stats his rookie year than Josh Allen.

This come from one special poster. Drives me nuts too. 

I’m also a fan of when someone predicts a crippling loss and follows it up with, “hope I’m wrong!”

yeah...no *****. 

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, teef said:

This come from one special poster. Drives me nuts too. 

I’m also a fan of when someone predicts a crippling loss and follows it up with, “hope I’m wrong!”

yeah...no *****. 

Everything I’ve posted in this thread was stated many times by the same legendary poster. :worthy:

• Like (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Most of the people here are Bills fans, but if you are like me and read these forums or scroll Twitter during the week (especially on game days), then there are repetitive comments that likely get on your nerves made by Bills fans.  

The past two weeks, I’ve noticed a lot of these patterns.  How about you?

There’s a bit of revisionist history with a lot of Bills fans.  Anytime an ex-player has a good (or even marginally good moment), some fans will pine for a former player, without considering any context and in some cases...logic.  Last year there were people who were legitimately lamenting the loss of Nick O’Leary, Seantrell Henderson, and Tyrod Taylor.  Last week everyone was upset that the Bills moved on from Shady because he ran for 81 yards.  This week he was back to his usual 2 yards a carry.  Ditto for Sammy.  I’m sure if Logan Thomas makes a catch, someone will be like “We never should have gotten rid of Logan Thomas!”

”We should trade for __________”

Anytime there is a big name player looking for a trade.  Fans immediately want the Bills to make a move - no matter how illogical the trade might be.  There were a lot of people who would have been happy to see the Bills trade high draft picks for Jadaveon Clowney who is a 1 year rental.  How many people want a trade for Melvin Gordon, again a 1 year rental, who is going to want a phat contract.  Not gonna happen.  Yet I see a lot of comments for people who want and legitimately think the Bills should trade for Gordon.  

I belong to a Bills Facebook group where many members scolded other for posting previous comments about how bad the Bills were playing.  LOL.  To some Bills fans any criticism is off base.  I don’t agree with that 

"I hope I'm wrong, but..."

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

Everything I’ve posted in this thread was stated many times by the same legendary poster. :worthy:

In fairness C.Biscuit has come A LONG WAY.   

He went from the most aggressive apologist in the history of TSW.........he would MF you up and down for being critical of Jauron.........to having a very jaundiced eye for Billsy trends.

But you gotta' take things on a case to case basis...........just because it rings Billsy doesn't mean it's going to turn out that way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

- Look what <insert national media name> said about the Bills!!!

- The refs are screwing us again!(this happens more after a loss).  

- Ralph was a great owner(revisionist history).

- Any post referencing “process”.

- Brady is a system QB. He’s just not that good. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

You got these wrong

It's "We should never of gotten rid of"

And "Your not a true fan..."

Please - learn appropriate grammar

Folks that correct grammar (incorrectly) that has nothing to do with the topic 

you're
[yo͝or, yôr]

CONTRACTION
  1. you are.
    "you're an angel, Deb!"
    or
    "you're not a true fan..." as in a contraction of "You are" not a true fan....

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, vorpma said:

"Who the hell is SDS and why should I care what he thinks?" 

My favorite vorpma quote after you were throwing shade on one of his takes! :lol:

Then watching you ? all his posts after you found out he's the boss.    Priceless!:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

"The Bengals should be an easy win . . . and if we beat the Pats we can be undefeated going into Thanksgiving  . . ."  

Never, ever "count" wins until the final whistle.  

Moreover, there seems to be a correlation to those who express extreme optimism going off the deep end when something bad happens.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1