McCoy Getting MRI on Ankle

H2o

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/16/lesean-mccoy-having-mri-on-ankle/

McCoy hurt his ankle late in the 28-10 win over the Raiders and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that he’s going to have an MRI on Monday. Per the report, the initial thought is that it is not a major injury.

Before the injury he had 11 carries for 23 yds and 3 receptions for 0 yds. This is the McCoy we saw last year and I think more along the lines of what KC will get this season. 

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I had some many comments on my timeline from Bills fans complaining about how the Bills released Shady, because he ran for 81 yards.  This week, he’s putting up numbers who look pretty similar to last season’s output with a much better OL and an offense that can spread defenses out.  

Did you bet 5k that Shady would have a similar season to his final Bills one? 

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/16/lesean-mccoy-having-mri-on-ankle/

Before the injury he had 11 carries for 23 yds and 3 receptions for 0 yds. This is the McCoy we saw last year and I think more along the lines of what KC will get this season. 

But wasn’t the McCoy you saw last week or posted about 

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

The problem with McCoy in that attack is that running against nickel and dime defenses is not a big advantage with a 190# 30 year old scatback............a faster defense makes it harder for him to use his remaining short area quickness.

That offense is best served with a big back who can make teams pay for putting smaller defenders on the field.

The nice thing about being the Chiefs though is that Mahomes and Co are so good that the defense doesn't even have to respect the run and they can still put 400+ yards on you thru the air.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

For KC, that's probably enough and are happy with that.

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

The Chiefs could put me at RB and Mahomes would still pass for 500 + yards and 3 + tds every game.  Even when teams know they are passing, they can't stop them.

The Patriots secondary is going to be a problem for him.  They will do the same thing they did to him in last years playoffs for a half.  People forget he didn't even throw for 300 yards in that playoff loss last year.  If they don't get a running game going they are going to lose to the Patriots again. Patriots secondary is just too good.

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

He might be playing for the Chiefs but I still wish him well.  He was a good Bill and deserves nothing but respect.

Yep....I thought the bills did right by him and there is mutual respect going out the door.

Gore fits this team better now and Devin SIngletary is simply better at this stage of his career...this is not to say Devin will be a HOFr or anything.....just that its a "what are you doing for me right now" league not "what have you done for me"

He is still on a title contender and good luck to him......but we are moving on

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

The Patriots secondary is going to be a problem for him.  They will do the same thing they did to him in last years playoffs for a half.  People forget he didn't even throw for 300 yards in that playoff loss last year.  If they don't get a running game going they are going to lose to the Patriots again. Patriots secondary is just too good.

To challenge them It’s going to take a fast defense that takes away RAC and a possession offense to keep Mahomes sidelined. 

Ravens maybe? 

There was definitely a comment or two when Singletary went down along the lines of "Is everyone happy we released McCoy now?  McBeane should have anticipated this!".  Which first of all, SMH...

Didn't realize McCoy got dinged up too.  Guess KC's staff can't anticipate injuries too well either.  Heal up Shady, at least until we play KC in the playoffs... :beer: 

I hope he get healthy and finishes his career strong.  I was happy they finally moved on from him, but the guy has been a solid NFL player for a long time, I hate seeing careers fall apart with injuries like this.  

It's that much more of a testament to Frank Gore and his career longevity at the RB position.