Roethlisberger done for 2019

KingBoots8

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

I am actually interested to see how Mason Rudolph fares.

Yeah - honestly, I was in the "draft a stud position player first AND then Rudolph" camp going into the draft.

When they managed to get Allen AND Edmunds I was OK with them not following my "brilliant" logic...  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Wow.  

This is huge for us.  And I only care about us btw.

The AFC North is shaping up to be a one team race (Ravens).

If the Chargers are susceptible to a passing attack like yesterday vs the Lions, then things are wide open for us in the wild card race.  

I don't see any wild cards coming out of the AFC south and I don't see the Browns living up to their hype.  

Things are wide open for us now if we take care of business.  

Yeah there has been an abundance of serendipitous occurrences for the Bills since that one-in-a-generation schedule came out.

The Bills schedule reminds me of the Jaguars schedule in 1999 where they were able to earn home field advantage in the AFC when they weren't even the best team in their division(they lost to the Titans twice that season and again in the playoffs).

Factor in the turmoil in Houston and Luck retiring and Foles breaking his clavicle.........the AFC division favorites are pretty clear cut after 2 weeks already and the Bills are in the drivers seat for the first WC if nothing else.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BobChalmers said:

Yeah - honestly, I was in the "draft a stud position player first AND then Rudolph" camp going into the draft.

When they managed to get Allen AND Edmunds I was OK with them not following my "brilliant" logic...  :lol:

I was one of those that liked Rudolph coming out of college. I didn't think he would be an upper echelon QB; however, I did feel had the ability to be a top 15 QB. It will be interesting.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah there has been an abundance of serendipitous occurrences for the Bills since that one-in-a-generation schedule came out.

The Bills schedule reminds me of the Jaguars schedule in 1999 where they were able to earn home field advantage in the AFC when they weren't even the best team in their division(they lost to the Titans twice that season and again in the playoffs).

Factor in the turmoil in Houston and Luck retiring and Foles breaking his clavicle.........the AFC division favorites are pretty clear cut after 2 weeks already and the Bills are in the drivers seat for the first WC if nothing else.

Add to this, the NFC has been stepping on AFC teams, hanging L's on clubs perceived as Buffalo's competition for a playoff berth. Conference games are zero sum, one team has to get the W... but shipping wins out of conference increases the value of the wins already earned.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Road game in either Indy (I'd go to that) or Baltimore for the WC.

17 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Ben might call it a career.

...and Mason Rudolph didn't look bad.

My thought at well.  If Mason Rudolph performs well, I could see the Steelers wanting to move on from the drama that always seems to surround Rothlisberger.  Rudolph is potentially a good QB and far more of a team guy than Rothlisberger.

• Like (+1) 1