Will Poyer be fined?

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I think you are thinking of the Hyde hit.

No, I was thinking of the Poyer.

While I am not a Greggo, headhunting advocate, I like that other teams have on film that if their QB has to throw late and behind, that their receivers are going to get hit hard in the middle of the field. Poyer wasn't going for a helmet to helmet, and it looked as if he was going for a clean, if hard hit. I would rather that he decks a guy aiming for a clean hit than he whiffs and the guy brushes it off and waltzes into the end zone.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Magox said:

Their helmets definitely clashed.  He could get a 10k fine.

Incidental contact, didn't lead with the crown. But since he's a Bill he'll probably get a 20k fine.

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I think you are thinking of the Hyde hit.

That Hyde hit was about as clean and textbook as it gets, the viciousness of it is just a bonus for us fans.

He shouldn't get fined, that's just a good physical play. I hate this rule because it pretty much only affects the defense. All an offensive player has  to do is brace for the hit and lower  his head a bit to theoretically draw a flag. It's stupid, Poyer didn't launch or lead with the crown, he did what you're taught to do in a tackle, head in front of the target, lower, explode through.

18 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

yes, and he should be fined.

BTW, i thought the refs were awful yesterday.and they were .for both teams

Let them play the game. I have not been desensitized by the NFLs constant cracking down on helmet to helmet hits even without intention. In this specific situation, he did not dip his head to lead with the helmet. 

They play a violent sport, there can be consequences but they make a lot of money to do so. If they do not want to deal with the consequences, they can make a living elsewhere. It’s ludicrous how many restrictions on tackling there are or restrictions on who can be hit and when.  

There should be stipulations when signing contracts making it well known how dangerous the game is and what they are signing on to. It should absolve the NFL (not likely in the litigious country we live in unfortunately) of any liability for injuries done in the normal course of play. 

Let them play the game. 

Edited by HamSandwhich