The King of New York ?

wppete

I don't know what it is, or maybe it was something a few members said this week. But this whole process thing just seems to be happening without announcement.  It is suddenly taking shape. Sometimes thats how it goes! I have not been this confident in a Bills team in years. Josh Allen's statement symbolizes where the Bills are going!

Edited by Rocket94

I looked this up last night.  The New Jersey Giants started playing at the Meadowlands in 1976, so they haven't played a home game in New York in 43 years.  The New Jersey Jets started playing there in 1984, so they haven't played a home game in New York in 35 years.  Howard Cosell was right to call them both New Jersey after they moved to the Meadowlands.  F' 'em both!

• Like (+1) 1

Way back when Vinny Testaverde was playing in a MNF game, they showed a map of the US, with a star for every team Vinny had played for. To commemorate his time with the Jets, they put a star right smack in the middle of New York State. Al Michaels said, "According to that map, Vinny played in Utica!"

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I looked this up last night.  The New Jersey Giants started playing at the Meadowlands in 1976, so they haven't played a home game in New York in 43 years.  The New Jersey Jets started playing there in 1984, so they haven't played a home game in New York in 35 years.  Howard Cosell was right to call them both New Jersey after they moved to the Meadowlands.  F' 'em both!

If you go way back the Giants helmet logo use to be this NY where the Y wrapped around the N, looked rather sharp I always thought.  But after they moved to Jersey, they started taking heat so tried to remove any NY annotations, and now helmets just say Giants. 

Though I wonder what they've done during throwback events?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If you go way back the Giants helmet logo use to be this NY where the Y wrapped around the N, looked rather sharp I always thought.  But after they moved to Jersey, they started taking heat so tried to remove any NY annotations, and now helmets just say Giants. 

Though I wonder what they've done during throwback events?

This photo is from yesterday, the went back to lower case N.Y. logo in 2000.

5B5F5758-D6B9-4978-9853-6EF331B59FCA.jpeg

We all know that if you go anywhere in the USA and say that you're from "New York" that most everyone assumes you mean NYC.  Just like "Upstate New York" means everything but the Metro NY counties and represents 90+% of its area.  I am glad Josh called him on his sloppy use of the term.  The rest of the state wants it back.