Peter King Football Morning in America - Bills notes

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, JimmyNoodles said:

I think the Titans game would seem to be the easiest of the remaining road games other than Miami.  Cleveland and Steelers could be tossups.  Dallas and New England the most difficult.  If we can take care of business with Miami and Tennessee , might be able to steal one more somewhere on Allen's back.  My prediction is 10-6, thinking same as you early on 6-2 home and 4-4 road.       

Let's find out what condition Big Ben IS OUT FOR THE YEAR and James Conner are in by the time they play Pittsburgh - that team might be in the toilet by then!!!

Edited by BobChalmers
news flash
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Don't worry about it, let everyone underestimate us all year up to the Superbowl!

Until the demons of that forward pass called a backward pass are exorcised, I won't feel fully confident in that. We haven't won a playoff game since 3 years before I joined the Navy, and I've been retired for a year after 20 years served. So please excuse me if I don't join you in the Super Bowl cheers... :( I am still scarred. :( 

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Here's stats I like a lot:  Josh Allen is 7-6 as a starter for the Buffalo Bills.  7-5 in games that he has started and finished.

I think it's more impressive if you give their record without him too.

Allen is 7-5 in games he has started and finished.

The Bills are 1-5 in games he hasn't.

29 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Let's find out what condition Big Ben IS OUT FOR THE YEAR and James Conner are in by the time they play Pittsburgh - that team might be in the toilet by then!!!

I don't know, Rudolph actually looked pretty good coming off the bench yesterday. The thing that struck me the most was just his confidence in the pocket. That one TD he threw when he waited for the WR to break open and then slotted his arm to the side to make the throw was really impressive. It didn't look like the game was too big for him.

This might end up being better in the long run for the Steelers. I don't think Ben was playing after this year anyway so it gives them a year to kick the tires on Rudolph and see if they think he can be the guy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BobChalmers said:

2 on the road against any NFL teams (this excludes MIA) is a tough start.

Ravens got @MIA then win a tough one home against ARZ - what are they?

NE is 2-0 against two teams that look like garbage.  

I actually think Arizona is a better team then either the Jets or Giants, but the Ravens got them at home, so thats a little break in the right direction for them.

The Ravens are NO Where near as good as people have them rated.  They got Miami good.. could have easily lost to Arizona... they are going to get rocked seceral times this year.  The bluprint is out there, stop the run, make Jackson beat you through the air.  Score points early and they can't come back.

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

To be completely fair and honest, its hard to find an easiernstartnto this season than the one the Bills got. Quite honestly, the first 3 games may very well end up being 3 of the top 6 draft spots.

And the Patriots will have played 2 of those 3 teams. So week 4 will be the first real test for both teams 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And the Patriots will have played 2 of those 3 teams. So week 4 will be the first real test for both teams 

Lets be real here.. who has something to prove, last year's SB team or the 6-10 team?  It will be an indication of how much the Bills have closed the gap, but by no means are the Patriots worried about that game.  I would go so far as to say that game doesn't mean much for either team, both want to win, but its game 4 of a long season.   It will be a bit of a measuring stick for the Bills, hopefully they compete or win. 

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Oh, I didn't doubt you at all, brother.  Just was thinking you'd put it up.

...and I like your prediction better than mine.

Not to tie you up, but what is your thinking, home and away record?

Forgive me if it is over on the prediction thread, but I am just asking.

I'd love to think the Steelers may really be beatable.

It wasn’t so much home and away, but I didn’t and don’t feel we lose to the Jets ( half way there), sweep the Fish, beat the Broncos, Titans, split with the AFC north (with Ben out, the Bungles and Browns reeling that one is looking okay), split with the NFC east ( the win against the Giants makes this more probable) and then split with the hated Empire. 11-5? Sounds good to me. 

Most of my belief is predicated on having a rock solid D, which knock on wood, looks to be bearing fruit and an improving offense that finds ways to win. So far so good on that. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, H2o said:

I could care less what anyone in the media says about Josh. As long as we keep winning that is all that matters. They can take all of their angles, and their statistics, turn them sumb*tches sideways, and shove them straight up their candy a**es. 

Image result for dwayne johnson eyebrow gif

Really?  You could care less?  How much less could you care?  And does that mean you actually care quite a bit about what the media says about Josh Allen?

:unsure:

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MDH said:

I think it's more impressive if you give their record without him too.

Allen is 7-5 in games he has started and finished.

The Bills are 1-5 in games he hasn't.

I don't know, Rudolph actually looked pretty good coming off the bench yesterday. The thing that struck me the most was just his confidence in the pocket. That one TD he threw when he waited for the WR to break open and then slotted his arm to the side to make the throw was really impressive. It didn't look like the game was too big for him.

This might end up being better in the long run for the Steelers. I don't think Ben was playing after this year anyway so it gives them a year to kick the tires on Rudolph and see if they think he can be the guy.

They were losing vs. Houston when he came out, and it was into the second half when he went down. I'm not going to erase that from his record. They were losing 10-3 near the end of the third when he went down, which suggests a weak offensive performance.

8 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

I expected the Bills to win the first two and obviously next week, in my 10-6 Pre Season prediction. 

Week 4 is THE test, as every Bills fan knows. Both teams will be 3-0 and the screaming will be maxed out. 

W4 was certainly one of the Losses. Frankly, with all the FUBARs of this Millennium, just win Josh! There are only 16 games in a Season. However many you can rack up, against whoever, is a plus to me now.

take the red headed stepchild to the wood house and follow with a significant upset!!

GO BILLS! 

I had them 10-6 too but thought (and still think) they needed to be 3-0 to get there. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I had them 10-6 too but thought (and still think) they needed to be 3-0 to get there. 

This is what I had down and they can still get to 10-6 if they drop a game but pick up Steelers w/out Roethlisberger (and honestly, Eagles can be had as well)

There is some wiggle room imo

On 8/28/2019 at 7:33 AM, GoBills808 said:

@Jets- W

@Giants-W

Bengals- W

Patriots- L

@Titans- W

Dolphins- W

Eagles- L

Skins- W

@Browns- L

@Dolphins- W

Broncos- W

@Cowboys- L

Ravens- W

@Steelers- L

@Patriots- L

Jets- W

10-6 and a wildcard

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This is what I had down and they can still get to 10-6 if they drop a game but pick up Steelers w/out Roethlisberger (and honestly, Eagles can be had as well)

There is some wiggle room imo

I had every game identical. Now, the Steelers are a possibility and Cleveland may still be the Clowns! ? We shall see.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

They were losing vs. Houston when he came out, and it was into the second half when he went down. I'm not going to erase that from his record. They were losing 10-3 near the end of the third when he went down, which suggests a weak offensive performance.

No doubt, but the one thing Allen has shown in his 12 starts is he’s often at his best in the 4th quarter even if he’s been trash for the other 3 quarters. The game was

still close and they were driving when he went down, I don’t think it’s fair to chalk that one up to him.