Peter King Football Morning in America - Bills notes

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, iinii said:

It’s in the prediction thread. I am just saying it is time stamped.

Oh, I didn't doubt you at all, brother.  Just was thinking you'd put it up.

...and I like your prediction better than mine.

Not to tie you up, but what is your thinking, home and away record?

Forgive me if it is over on the prediction thread, but I am just asking.

I'd love to think the Steelers may really be beatable.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I expected the Bills to win the first two and obviously next week, in my 10-6 Pre Season prediction. 

Week 4 is THE test, as every Bills fan knows. Both teams will be 3-0 and the screaming will be maxed out. 

W4 was certainly one of the Losses. Frankly, with all the FUBARs of this Millennium, just win Josh! There are only 16 games in a Season. However many you can rack up, against whoever, is a plus to me now.

take the red headed stepchild to the wood house and follow with a significant upset!!

GO BILLS! 

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

and you know what the funny thing is, EOBF, I love how no one views that as coming back and winning the game...it's only that the Jets lost it.  They had 4 turn overs, how did they lose it?  Oh yeah, because that wasn't enough against our D, and our offense then outscored them.

and btw, to Everybody Else, we won that game in the second half because of our D AND BECAUSE of Josh Allen, not in spite of him.

DC, honestly, it is a good point.  However, those games were on the road.  We were 2-6 on the road last year.  We already have two wins this year on the road and i will take that.  Throw in Miami (honestly, go ahead) and we will have 3.  I think we need just 1 more to make this season work out the way some of us hope.

BTW, did you like those victories any less because they were against the Jets and Giants?

I don't like them less because they were against those teams, the Jets is a big win for playoff hopes, so freebie or not, you need it.  Making sure the AFC record is good is going to be a big factor in the wildcard.  The Patriots get the same games, I'll chalk thise up for wins for them too. Until the Bills beat the Pats, I'm not convinced they are in the same conversation, so to me, the Bills are playing for WC.  The good part, the other divisions are more competitive and SHOULD beat up on each other more.  That could be a huge help in tie breakers.  The schedule is actually setting up well for the Bills this year.  Realistically, they should have 5 AFC wins pretty easily between the Jets, Phins and Cincinnati is not looking good.  They have some work to do elsewhere, but nobody outside of the Pats stands out as an unbeatable team.  The Pats could fall, but its asking a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I don't like them less because they were against those teams, the Jets is a big win for playoff hopes, so freebie or not, you need it.  Making sure the AFC record is good is going to be a big factor in the wildcard.  The Patriots get the same games, I'll chalk thise up for wins for them too. Until the Bills beat the Pats, I'm not convinced they are in the same conversation, so to me, the Bills are playing for WC.  The good part, the other divisions are more competitive and SHOULD beat up on each other more.  That could be a huge help in tie breakers.  The schedule is actually setting up well for the Bills this year.  Realistically, they should have 5 AFC wins pretty easily between the Jets, Phins and Cincinnati is not looking good.  They have some work to do elsewhere, but nobody outside of the Pats stands out as an unbeatable team.  The Pats could fall, but its asking a lot.

I have never put the Bills and the Patriots in the same conversation, because that is just plain an exercise in frustration...that's a dog that doesn't hunt.

That's what some of my friends are waiting around for...and waiting...and waiting.

For me, I'll take the joy and yes, euphoria, of generally well played games and wins, week to week, than trying to figure out where they place or how they compare to the Patriots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree 100%.  It's the eye test baby and Allen passes that one. 

My guess is all this numbers stuff is a natural reaction by human beings who want to control every situation.  It's in our genetics.  Football is a violent, chaotic game that is also tightly controlled and planned out.  It really is a form of "war" carried out in a much less fatal environment.  Analyzing the numbers gives us a false confidence that we actually can predict events. 

Clearly there is a place in football for statistical analysis.  And yes such analysis can provide insight into players and teams.  But they're are over analyzing things; particularly for Allen.  I mean EVERY SINGLE PASS he throws is critiqued.  This isn't the Olympic Diving Championships! 

Hell some of the biggest plays a QB makes is when they throw it up for grabs and a WR comes down with a 50 yard TD! 

In the end, the only thing that matters is whether Josh Allen can be good enough to help us win a Super Bowl.

To me, a great comparison for Allen's game is Ben Roethlisberger.

Big Ben has never had the pinpoint accuracy of someone like Drew Brees.  But he's been just as dangerous, due to the other abilities he brings to the table... most notably his ability to avoid sacks and extend plays.

If Allen's progression continues (and he stays healthy), he's going to be VERY tough to defend.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@YoloinOhio

Jeremy White:  (paraphrasing) Allen is better in yards per attempt, but the league as a whole is better, so...

JW is not ripping Allen, at all.  Actually, he generally approves of his play.

However, guys, I am tired of this.  I truly am and I don't know about the rest of you.  I am tired of this day and age where we over analyze a player to utter and complete death...he's doing better, but everybody is doing better.  He looked good, but look who he played against.  He's using less toilet paper plies when he wipes, but other QBs are using even less.

He played well (again) and we won...again.  I don't know how he is going to play in the future or even next week, but I am encouraged.  I don't need to bury myself in the analytics of it because...well, either I am just too damn old or, what the hell...maybe just because of "any given Sunday", ya know?

Go Bills...and fans of the Buffalo Bills...enjoy yourselves, because I don't want to see you sadly climb to the top of a mountain, sit down, and try and figure out why birds s*** and why and how Josh Allen is doing as a QB by pouring over the data and trying to project from there.

EDIT:

"Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."

- Ferris Bueller-

Thank you, Ferris.  Thank you.

...and hey, get better soon.

Post of the day D2D...unfortunately, your certificate suitable for framing has been lost over at the print shop. I shall be heading that way shortly to get the production lines back up and running. In the meantime, enjoy yet another Bills win on a Monday! How long has it been since we had to talk about any kind of an "L" with this squad, anyway? 2018? Not sure, I'm so blinded by all of the winning going on up in here! :D

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

You say Josh is doing better, but EVERYBODY is doing better?    Uh no.  Lots of players and teams are doing worse.  

Guys that have had MVP type seasons are struggling (Cam, Wentz, Ben, Goff).   

Its a strange year so far.

Hopefully our Oline levels off and gets consistent, its the key to our season.  These guys have talent, not sure about either one of our tackles right now.   Keep it goin Bills !

His point wasn’t every individual is, but that league average is up. 

8 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

In the end, the only thing that matters is whether Josh Allen can be good enough to help us win a Super Bowl.

To me, a great comparison for Allen's game is Ben Roethlisberger.

Big Ben has never had the pinpoint accuracy of someone like Drew Brees.  But he's been just as dangerous, due to the other abilities he brings to the table... most notably his ability to avoid sacks and extend plays.

If Allen's progression continues (and he stays healthy), he's going to be VERY tough to defend.

He has all the tools and is saying all the right stuff. Can’t help but be excited about it.

33 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Post of the day D2D...unfortunately, your certificate suitable for framing has been lost over at the print shop. I shall be heading that way shortly to get the production lines back up and running. In the meantime, enjoy yet another Bills win on a Monday! How long has it been since we had to talk about any kind of an "L" with this squad, anyway? 2018? Not sure, I'm so blinded by all of the winning going on up in here! :D

:lol:

I don't care about getting shot for this, HUDS, but for you...I'll do anything.

...10-2 in the last 12, including preseason.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I was watching Sunday Night Football, NFL Network and NFL RedZone yesterday, and the deference they give to the Giants is utterly ridiculous! It is as if Saquon Barkley and Eli Manning played a game by themselves and lost yesterday... every highlight was Giants, and all they could talk about was how many carries Saquon would get or how boo hoo the Giants are 0-2 as if that's a surprise.

I'll be glad when finally, at long last, I can watch these shows and it will be about Josh Allen and the Bills or that vaunted Bills defense. Enough national media, we get it, you slobber over your big names even if they lose.

Props to Kurt Warner... the ONLY talking head all morning to pick the Bills to win from what I watched. Another opportunity also to win some $$$, albeit we were favorites and still underappreciated... not anymore next week!

Don't worry about it, let everyone underestimate us all year up to the Superbowl!

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Come on, iin, you can't say that and then not give it!

I had us, barring anything crazy happening, at 10-6.

EDIT:  damn, I am just not sure where that other road win is coming from.  I don't know about going 7-1 at home, where 3 road wins would be OK.  I still think the path, right now, is 6-2, and 4-4.

...and no, this is not analytics and I didn't mean to beat up on those people, its just that I am a bit fatigued over it.

This is good ole fashion, wins losses, offense and defense talk, just like our dads used to do!

I think the Titans game would seem to be the easiest of the remaining road games other than Miami.  Cleveland and Steelers could be tossups.  Dallas and New England the most difficult.  If we can take care of business with Miami and Tennessee , might be able to steal one more somewhere on Allen's back.  My prediction is 10-6, thinking same as you early on 6-2 home and 4-4 road.       

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyNoodles said:

I think the Titans game would seem to be the easiest of the remaining road games other than Miami.  Cleveland and Steelers could be tossups.  Dallas and New England the most difficult.  If we can take care of business with Miami and Tennessee , might be able to steal one more somewhere on Allen's back.  My prediction is 10-6, thinking same as you early on 6-2 home and 4-4 road.       

Jimmy...get. it. out. of the way and start 3-0 on the road and let every other road game be gravy on top.

That would be a sweet scenario and I am with you, my friend, on that.  I hope it happens.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

To be completely fair and honest, its hard to find an easiernstartnto this season than the one the Bills got. Quite honestly, the first 3 games may very well end up being 3 of the top 6 draft spots.

2 on the road against any NFL teams (this excludes MIA) is a tough start.

Ravens got @MIA then win a tough one home against ARZ - what are they?

NE is 2-0 against two teams that look like garbage.  

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Jimmy...get. it. out. of the way and start 3-0 on the road and let every other road game be gravy on top.

That would be a sweet scenario and I am with you, my friend, on that.  I hope it happens.

Yes it would be sweet.  Realistic optimism...is that an acceptable thing in Bills land now?  

• Haha (+1) 1