Bills vs. Patriots whose defense is better

PlayoffsPlease

3 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Pats look incredible.  Damn it.  Doesn’t do any good to sugar coat it.  Their defense looks incredible, as good as ours, maybe better.  Their offense is clearly better than ours.  If the Pats stay healthy they are going to make another SB run.  

That doesn’t stop the Bills from doing their thing though.  I think we can win 10 games this year.  If we make the playoffs I truly believe it’s an “any given Sunday” situation and we will have a shot to make our own little run.

Right now, and I hate to say it but NE is the better team. We could still beat them in 2 weeks but it would be an “ any given Sunday “ game. I’m more interested in later in the season and/or playoffs. Good teams get better as the season progresses and with all of our youth!!!  However IMO the  defenses are both very good. Good  time to be a Bills fan! 

Is there a bad time to be a Bills fan??

The Pats defense is better right now.  Let's face it, they have not given up a touchdown in 3 games, and one of them was against the Rams in the Super Bowl.  They also shut down Mahomes for an entire half, and kept him under 300 yards in a game.  Bills defense just a notch below right now, but it is young and is going to get better as year moves along.  I think the Bills Defense showed it's youth in the first drive yesterday, but they made adjustments and learned.  

The Pats still have the edge based on their recent success, but I feel that the gap between the two teams is closing fast. This Bills defense is starting to play as advertised, and the Patriots are going to find out for themselves. As time goes on, it will become more difficult for the Patriots to beat the Bills. Thats how this stuff usually happens...like a runaway train!

Edited by Rocket94

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

Most people had the steelers at least competing for a playoff spot, and they got absolutely thrashed by the patriots in every facet of football.

Steelers know the Pats is their daddy

if Pittsburgh went for it on that 4th down, where they pupped out on the FG, the Pats may have run the table of 0 allowed

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That happens when you play JV teams.

bills haven't played any powerhouses themselves.

at this point, on paper, pats have the better defense but since both defenses did not play (good teams) good offenses we may not know until they meet at new era field?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

29 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

bills haven't played any powerhouses themselves.

at this point, on paper, pats have the better defense but since both defenses did not play (good teams) good offenses we may not know until they meet at new era field?

Well now we say that, because we beat them both. Beforehand it was Jets are better and Giants are dangerous.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I might have the same for the Dolphins and Steelers.

I put the Steelers a little above the FIsh and Jets, if you combined the best of the Fish and Jets rosters onto one team

don't get mouthing off to fans of other teams over the Bills just yet.... 

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well now we say that, because we beat them both. Beforehand it was Jets are better and Giants are dangerous.

who's we? I predicted both games would be wins for the bills and never thought either the jets or giants were dangerous? I admit I was concerned about barkley but pretty much all for naught.

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

who's we? I predicted both games would be wins for the bills and never thought either the jets or giants were dangerous? I admit I was concerned about barkley but pretty much all for naught.

Random posters here and media types we saying such things. It certainly wasn't unanimous that the Bills would be 2-0.

5 hours ago, JXCOL3 said:

All I know, if Buffalo and New England are both 3-0 heading into that game, New Era will be rocking. It almost gives you goosebumps just thinking about it.

At least for as long as the game is even, the crowd presence will generate a genuine playoff atmosphere IMO.

If we can live up to expectations, it might be the game of the year for fans.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

At least for as long as the game is even, the crowd presence will generate a genuine playoff atmosphere IMO.

If we can live up to expectations, it might be the game of the year for fans.

The Monday night game it was a 12-6 game into the fourth and our offense couldn't move the ball to save their lives.  If Allen can put some points up we have a fighting chance against them.  The pats have some issues and aren't as unstoppable as people think. They always lay a couple eggs during the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’ll take our back 4 over any secondary in the league.  Might be a mistake, but I love those guys.  I trust those guys

I like our back 4 too. But New England's secondary is playing better than any other in the league through two weeks. That is undeniable. 

The Bills future looks very promising, but I don't think we should be comparing ourselves to the Patriots yet.

New England is the class of the league, and has been for quite a long time.

And right now, they look as strong as they've been at any point in the last 15 years.

I'm not expecting Week 4 to go very well.  And that shouldn't discourage anyone who believes our team is headed in the right direction.