Things feel different... and it feels good

Thunderstruck

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

winning is great. winning back to back road games, is also great. being 2-0 and the home opener against another beatable team possibly going 3-0, hell of a start.

winning games against non playoff teams helps but the real test for this team is winning against the playoff teams.

week 4 begins that test. not trying to look past cincy but until the bills can contend with the contenders, things wont feel different to me.

again, not trying to put the last two weeks down, winning is awesome. just need to see more from them before I can get too excited.

Well, yes, I think we all know this. Are you saying that things don’t feel different to you right now? I’m getting a pretty good feeling about all of this right now, myself.

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The thread was still on the front page when you posted.  You may have overlooked it.  

If it was on the 2nd page, I wouldn’t have posted it.  

Its ok for the community to help regulate itself. 

You got called out for making a thread with almost the same exact title as another thread that was on the front page when yours was posted.  Not sure why you’re so upset

Not sure if you know how a message board works or not, but it is entirely possible that the other post was not on the first page when I read through but then moved to the first page when someone else commented on it. It is also possible that I may have overlooked it. It happens.

Regardless- This is a bad look for you... not me.

Trust me on this one.

But go ahead... keep on regulatin'... MOUNT UP!

Edited by Thunderstruck
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Not sure if you know how a message board works or not, but it is entirely possible that the other post was not on the first page when I read through but then moved to the first page when someone else commented on it. It is also possible that I may have overlooked it. It happens.

Regardless- This is a bad look for you... not me.

Trust me on this one.

But go ahead... keep on regulatin'... MOUNT UP!

I know all about message boards.   Not sure if you know or not, but the posts are timestamped.  

Anywhooos, enjoy the win

Just now, Thunderstruck said:

I'm trying to enjoy the win- and trying to share my enjoyment with other Bills fans who also enjoyed the win. Then you came along.

You basically made a duplicate thread.  

Someone said that you made a duplicate thread. 

You get mad.

not my fault 

28 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I agree- I think that's probably why I maintain my cautious optimism. They need to take care of business this week and then if they can show well against the Pats in week 4 it will really tell us something. I'm not sure, at this point how to define that. Beating them would be great. How would you feel if they play them close but don't get the win?

I only care about a win. a close loss would not be getting it done. want to be the best, you beat the best. no moral victories.

22 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I totally hear you--but let's apply that same logic to the Pats then, who have tangled with a reeling Pittsburgh squad that's a shell of its former dominant self, and arguably a Miami team that couldn't win if you spotted them 5 extra players at all times--my point is that while many nationally are busy declaring NE champions again, and poo-pooing who the Bills have beaten so far, we are tied in the standings and have an opportunity to take the early lead in the division as part of our head to head in week 4, provided we take care of business this week again. That's all I can ask for and am definitely excited about that! Go Bills!!!!!  

until you beat the pats, they're the pats. just win baby

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

You basically made a duplicate thread.  

Someone said that you made a duplicate thread. 

You get mad.

not my fault 

The title is similar. The contents are very different in many ways. I am starting to wonder whether you even read beyond the titles. Is this really what you spend your time on here doing? That's kinda sad, TBH.

Just now, Thunderstruck said:

The title is similar. The contents are very different in many ways. I am starting to wonder whether you even read beyond the titles. Is this really what you spend your time on here doing? That's kinda sad, TBH.

Enjoy your day!

29 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

First, just ignore that post. Some people just feel the need to play mall cop.

Second, I share your thoughts. I somehow forgot (until I reminded while reading the Giant fans' gameday thread) that at one point the BIlls had their back to the endzone and drove 98 yards for the touch down. One week removed from getting a safety in virtually the exact same spot.

Great to see this team get better from week to week, and play disciplined football. Especially after the Giants drove the ball down their throat on the opening drive. What was McDermott's message on the sideline? Let it go, fill the gaps and play your assignment.

Great point - when we were on our 2 I was like here we go again and then they go right down. It takes a disciplined and talented team to march 98 yards.

19 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Well, yes, I think we all know this. Are you saying that things don’t feel different to you right now? I’m getting a pretty good feeling about all of this right now, myself.

two games in, no but I will give credit where credit is due. JA seems to be going in the right direction and the defense is stellar. lets get some games under their belt before I'm declaring a "different feel".

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

We have ourselves a genuine franchise QB. I too feel 3rd and long in not that big of deal, and that has lots to do with Josh

I was skeptical when we drafted him and had a sinking feeling 1st half of last season.. Felt much better at thened of last season regarding Josh. Saw plenty of stuff in preseason to be upbeat about him. 2 games in 2019 I'm sold. 

Coaches had a completely different Offensive gameplan for the Giants than the Jets from what I can tell

The team comes to play. Top to bottom. They appear to be a cohesive unit so far.

Sure felt to me like the O line took a break in the 3rd quarter.  Oh hell, it felt like the entire team took a break i the 3rd quarter.

10 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

From the title I thought the thread was going to be about a young man's coming of age experience.

While watching a Bills game ;)

Having the same coach,gm,oc,dc goes a long way.

Continuity baby :)

Just now, Pokebball said:

Sure felt to me like the O line took a break in the 3rd quarter.  Oh hell, it felt like the entire team took a break i the 3rd quarter.

I'm sure Giant's made some adjustments.. How we finish is more important. Being strong down the stretch separates many teams 

• Like (+1) 1

Last time I felt this way was 5-0 after beating San Diego. I thought Edwards was good enough with that defense.

I have much more faith in Allen. He will have his up and downs but if they can get Kroft on the field and Singletary can get healthy, the offense should be good enough.

Need to win this week, can't lose to AFC opponent other than the Patriots to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

we are tied in the standings and have an opportunity to take the early lead in the division as part of our head to head in week 4, provided we take care of business this week again. That's all I can ask for and am definitely excited about that! Go Bills!!!!!  

Just to nitpick, the Bills are already guaranteed to have the AFC East lead with a win in Week 4. Either it will be via tiebreak over Pats/Jets, or a 1 or 2 game lead along with tiebreak. Week 4 is a monster game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My wife and I were talking about this last night. It really does feel different. I'm not completely convinced yet, and things could go wrong, but this feels like a different sort of Bills team. They don't get as flustered when things go wrong. They maintain a belief in themselves and keep their eyes on what they have to do to win. 

I remember at the beginning of the Kelly/Levy years how surprised I was when the Bills began to win games that they would have blown in the previous decade. It took me a while to come to realize that the could regularly win when they were in a tough spot; that they would come from behind, that the could be dominated for a while but then assert their own dominance, that they could be relied upon to keep working until they won.

I haven't had that feeling for a very long time--not even with the hot starts when Trent Edwards seemed like he might be the guy, or when Fitz had that hot start in 2011. 

I hope this one is not a mirage, but it certainly makes watching the team more interesting. My wife pointed out that even the announcers must like calling a Bills game more than they have for years, because the team is capable of playing well and surprising them.