Brees out 6 weeks. Big Ben out for the season.

Sal is talking about surgery for Brees on his thumb - out a minimum of 6 weeks. 

Could be the end end of the Saints for this year.

Edit: on further review - not sure it matters - Carolina and Cam look bad, Atlanta has been up an down, and TB is TB.  I thought this was going to be a great division, but it now look like a train wreck.

Edited by Rochesterfan

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Isn't this really rare in football. You hardly ever hear about Tommy John in football

They say because the football is heavier than a baseball and has more resistance when its thrown, it's friendlier on the elbow and you don't get the nasty torque on that joint.   Footballs come off the hand at about half the speed of a fastball.

1 minute ago, Da webster guy said:

They say because the football is heavier than a baseball and has more resistance when its thrown, it's friendlier on the elbow and you don't get the nasty torque on that joint.   Footballs come off the hand at about half the speed of a fastball.

Look at this....

Image result for elbow bend pitcher

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Crushing, but Bridgewater looked pretty good in relief yesterday. I dig the Saints, and hope Teddy can help them stay in it until Brees comes back.

Bridgewater is one of those guys who looks OK because he makes safe decisions and completes a lot of passes, but then you look up and the team has 9 points midway through the fourth quarter. I feel like I'm watching late-era Kelly Holcomb when I watch him ...

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Josh Allen himself had a partially torn MCL (the Tommy John ligament) last year (Houston game).  Someone posted research on QBs with that injury that showed that it's not that serious of an injury given how they throw the ball. 

For baseball, it's like a 15-18 month recovery time.  The good thing is that something like 80% of them see in increase in velocity.  I grew up playing baseball and I knew a few people that didn't really need it but got it anyway to throw harder.

11 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Edit: on further review - not sure it matters - Carolina and Cam look bad, Atlanta has been up an down, and TB is TB.  I thought this was going to be a great division, but it now look like a train wreck.

They have a very good backup in Bridgewater. Probably in better shape than most teams in this situation. 

13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Crushing, but Bridgewater looked pretty good in relief yesterday. I dig the Saints, and hope Teddy can help them stay in it until Brees comes back.

Bridgewater looked terrible. yeah, he completed some passes, but he reminds me of EJ Manuel the way he takes so long to process anything. Slow eyes...

18 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

If he’s back after the bye for the Atlanta game it may be salvageable. The back half is division heavy and if they can win a few of the ones you’d expect in the short term while drew is out they would be around .500 going into the divisional games.

wouldnt leave much room for error but they are the best team in the division when drew is healthy 

Edited by NoSaint