Brees out 6 weeks. Big Ben out for the season.

I heard Sal follow up this morning about Brees saying it was serious according to schefter I believe. 

Ben's was a non contact injury so could be bad as well. They made a comparison to a pitcher blowing out his arm. 

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I heard Sal follow up this morning about Brees saying it was serious according to schefter I believe. 

Ben's was a non contact injury so could be bad as well. They made a comparison to a pitcher blowing out his arm. 

Yeah I heard that too.  The older QB's are starting to break.  

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Isn't this really rare in football. You hardly ever hear about Tommy John in football

Edited by Mrbojanglezs

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

Isn't this really rare in football. You hardly ever hear about Tommy John in football

It may not be Tommy John.  There's other ligaments in the elbow.

But yes, Tommy John is rare.  Baseball pitches put much more stress on their arms than QB's.  The arm whips much more throwing a baseball.

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Jake Delhomme and Rob Johnson are the only two I found.  Apparently Palmer consulted for it but the damage was so bad it wouldn't have helped.

Wow.  This could be the year that the early 2000s era QBs who have dominated for so long finally exit, stage right.  Amazing how quickly a team’s fortunes can change.  The Giants were smart to draft their new guy while Eli is still upright.  The Saints and Stillers are in a for long, lost season.

My Steelers supporting friend said that after an interception on his second pass Mason Rudolph really settled in and got the offense moving. I have that game downloaded to watch on my way home this evening but I can absolutely imagine why Big Ben does not want to undergo surgery. The Steelers really liked Rudolph a lot before the 2018 draft, have brought him along slowly but loves his training camp and pre-season. If he comes in and plays well then for the first time they might start asking the question.

I think Brees is on safer ground. There is no potential "QB of the future" waiting in the wings in New Orleans. We know by now what Teddy Bridgewater is and Taysom Hill is not a Quarterback. That said Drew Brees is 40. Maybe this injury is the end regardless of whether there is a replacement lined up.

Baltimore looks to be the head of the AFC North right now. Pittsburgh wasn't realistically a threat for a Wild Card spot imo. Sucks for Ben, but I don't see this helping us much. It still may be the end of an era in Pittsburgh though if Ben needs TJ surgery. Brees is on the downside of a story book career. If he is forced to miss significant time then the Saints are toast. Not sure why they played Bridgewater yesterday instead of Hill, but I'm not Sean Payton. The talk of Josh for MVP is a bit premature and isn't on the docket right now. Just win games baby, just win games. 

Pittsburgh is not very good these days.  If they somehow get into the playoffs, they won’t go far. Take this as an opportunity to search for your QB of the future. Move on from Ben. 

Can probably make similar statement about NO, but they have Bridgewater who could be good enough to build an offense around. 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Wow.  This could be the year that the early 2000s era QBs who have dominated for so long finally exit, stage right.  Amazing how quickly a team’s fortunes can change.  The Giants were smart to draft their new guy while Eli is still upright.  The Saints and Stillers are in a for long, lost season.

And yet, Tom Brady is still going strong.  ?