Love our OL .. Electric Company Reincarnated?

23 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

What the Juice became off the field doesn't change what he did on it.  Still one of the best ever and the first to hit 2,000 yards in a 14 game season.  So you probably would like to see him removed from the HOF too right?

It is an honorific to be on the Wall. What can be given can be taken away. 

He will still have all the yards and records. But he won’t be celebrated, as is fitting for a woman beating double murderer. 

It is an embarrassment to have his name up there. Bills fans get rightfully mocked for it. 

Edited by John Adams

As much as I like the O-line I can't say if it will be a dominant unit just yet. Mainly because I am not too impressed with the Jets edge rush and the Giants D-line in general. I would like to see how the O-line handles better more dominant fronts. Cincy is a solid D-line but I think the Pats and Titans will be a good test as both units could finish in the top 10 in terms of pass and run defense effectiveness. 

No.

Just No.

Kelly's OL with Will Wolford (OT) and Kent Hull (C) clearly better at #2.

Improved, yes. Defending the QB physically, yes. Improvement, yes.

Electric Company no.

Not even the Water Works yet, and I love Monopoly.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

I like the way our current line is developing.. but they aren’t as good as the one we had anchored by Wood and Incognito.

I remember that game when Freddy ran for over 200 yards. Incredible effort by Freddy for sure, but Richie was blowing up huge holes for him to run thru. 

Now those were the days!

New day. New players on the line. Still need to put it together. Long way to go, but encouraging and a huge step up from last year. Major props to the FO on revamping the entire offense. They look like they belong in the NFL! Who saw that coming? I know the competition will get better, but so will the offense!  I’m liking what I’m seeing! 

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is where I'm at.  A few too many jailbreaks per game, still, for my liking.  And too many pre-snap boo boos.  Spain is a mauler on running plays but ends up chasing his man the wrong way on too many passing downs.  But we're still in preseason, effectively, especially for the o-line, so let's see how things come together as the season continues.

True. Our tackles are still a work in progress but the Guard play as been a pleasant surprise. Morse is as advertised and overall play is much improved. If the Tackles can tighten their game up and the unit as a whole cleans up the false starts it will only enhance Josh's development.

23 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

These guys are better than last year already, and they will  get better as the season goes on.  

That said, they are not even close to the Electric Company.  Maybe one position out of the five is at that level yet.   

Bob,  I understand your take historically speaking ... that said compared to the 2018 OL roster ... and I prefaced in my commentary about "jumping the shark" . .but think we agree the current crew blows away or dare I say "Lights up" last year's crew.

Dion Dawkins, Vladimir Ducasse, John Miller, Jordan Mills, Ryan Groy, Marshall Newhouse, Russell Bodine, Wyatt Teller, Conor McDermott

29 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Bob,  I understand your take historically speaking ... that said compared to the 2018 OL roster ... and I prefaced in my commentary about "jumping the shark" . .but think we agree the current crew blows away or dare I say "Lights up" last year's crew.

Dion Dawkins, Vladimir Ducasse, John Miller, Jordan Mills, Ryan Groy, Marshall Newhouse, Russell Bodine, Wyatt Teller, Conor McDermott

No doubt much better than last years crew.  Last year was an abomination.   Hence, Beane bringing in a bevy of experienced linemen to compete.  

When adjusting for the time period, the Electric Company in their peak was much better than our line is right now.   Today’s line will get better with time and a few adjustments.