Love our OL .. Electric Company Reincarnated?

Granted only two games and not trying to jump the shark, but WOW what a difference vs. the 2018 crew.

• Fun it is to watch an OL with attitude. 
  • Feliciano is a beast, that dude finishes blocks
  • Morse pulling and leading sweeps
  • Ford's attitude (don't mind the 15 yarders in the short term)
  • The reaction to the NYG's Offside
  • Hell even Dawson Knox is joining the party knocking out two defenders on Motor's TD run
  • Pass protection that is allowing Josh to hit progressions
  • Thank you Mr. Beane for the signings in the offseason.

image.png.1b056e557372494a602c07f5c919cea9.png

• Like (+1) 1

This line is VASTLY better than last year, but still is struggling quite a bit.  Morse has had some penalties, I'll credit more to just getting going in the season.. Dawkins, Ford, Nseke have struggled quite a bit.  Spain has been solid Feliciano has been a REALLY great signing.  The tackles worry me.  They aren't turnstiles like we have seen in captain wind Mills, but certainly not playing to the level they need to in pass pro.

27 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

This line is VASTLY better than last year, but still is struggling quite a bit.  Morse has had some penalties, I'll credit more to just getting going in the season.. Dawkins, Ford, Nseke have struggled quite a bit.  Spain has been solid Feliciano has been a REALLY great signing.  The tackles worry me.  They aren't turnstiles like we have seen in captain wind Mills, but certainly not playing to the level they need to in pass pro.

Holding penalty on Morse was a joke. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Ty is better at pass pro than Cody, at least for now. Also, it's certainly tougher on the road, so let's see how they do in their first home game.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

If Ford wasn't such a good run blocker, I would be much more worried. 

In fairness, the Giants did a lot of blitzing this game, especially in the second half.  I think that explains a good deal of the pass pro problems. 

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

In fairness, the Giants did a lot of blitzing this game, especially in the second half.  I think that explains a good deal of the pass pro problems. 

Ford can road grade, I'm just not sure he has the feet to be outside.  Normally, I'd say "kick him inside and let him play guard", but at the moment, the best player on the OL is manning RG, so you would have to flip him to LG and Spain hasn't deserved a demotion either.  Hopefully, he can pick it up and prove he can pass block.  If they can't stop a blitz/alow it to shut down the O, they will be getting blitzed all year.  You know the Pats wont be scared to let it fly, they have DBs they trust, it could be ugly if they don't figure it out soon.

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

That nickname included a guy we don’t need to celebrate. 

The line is still flawed (Gmen who are good up the middle gave them some trouble at times yesterday) but the difference from last year’s grocery baggers is marked. 

I'd celebrate any of these guys...?

electric co 2.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

I'd celebrate any of these guys...?

electric co 2.jpg

That’s fair...but the name was given by its relation to “the Juice.”  My only quibble was noting that I’d prefer not to honor him. Joe D, Mckenzie et al deserve all the love. Just sucks for them that their group has a nickname forever tied to Simpson. 

Sucks even worse that the Bills still celebrate that POS on the Wall. It’s an honorary thing to be on the Wall. Take down his name. He brings only dishonor. No one will cancel their tickets and it will remove a blemish and embarrassment from the names up there. 

Edited by John Adams

7 hours ago, John Adams said:

That’s fair...but the name was given by its relation to “the Juice.”  My only quibble was noting that I’d prefer not to honor him. Joe D, Mckenzie et al deserve all the love. Just sucks for them that their group has a nickname forever tied to Simpson. 

Sucks even worse that the Bills still celebrate that POS on the Wall. It’s an honorary thing to be on the Wall. Take down his name. He brings only dishonor. No one will cancel their tickets and it will remove a blemish and embarrassment from the names up there. 

What the Juice became off the field doesn't change what he did on it.  Still one of the best ever and the first to hit 2,000 yards in a 14 game season.  So you probably would like to see him removed from the HOF too right?

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Our tackles are getting beat in pass pro a bit too much but still improved from a year ago. They will continue to gel, I trust, and they play with an edge that I love to see. 

This is where I'm at.  A few too many jailbreaks per game, still, for my liking.  And too many pre-snap boo boos.  Spain is a mauler on running plays but ends up chasing his man the wrong way on too many passing downs.  But we're still in preseason, effectively, especially for the o-line, so let's see how things come together as the season continues.

9 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Speaking of blitzing, Did you watch the Falcons/Eagles game? I am glad that game is at home. Schwartz was bringing the house against Ryan. Ryan finally made him pay when he checked out to the pass to Julio. 

The oline will have some games together by the time we play the Eagles and more film to see what Schwartz does.