"ONE AND O"

Watching the Josh Allen post game interview and he said something that i never really heard before (if i did i dont recall) that we are 1-0 when some reporter said we were 2-0. We've all heard one game at a time, but this seemed to mean more in that each game is its own season.

They dont see their won - loss record but each game is the season opener and is one step closer to the ultimate goal.

When we are going into the Superbowl i expect them to say we are looking to go ONE AND O.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-one-new-york-team

says it towards the end of the video.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's one of those sporting cliches tbh. Difference being when the team actually buys in to the concept, which with Allen's comments, seem they are doing.

Good presser from the kid, too, from the 'only one team in New York', to the end, where he talks about Ford having his back, and saying that while coach might not like the 15 yards penalty, he appreciates his guys sticking up for him. Telling it like it is, but without any drama.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

McDermott said it during his locker room speech after jets game too. Coaches do it a lot. I’ve seen game by game or in quarters(4 games)

i love McDermott 's philosophy and the staff he has constructed is really molding the players into one mind set and style of play.

6 hours ago, CLTbills said:

just need to go 1-0 each week. 

works for me.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

McDermott said it during his locker room speech after jets game too. Coaches do it a lot. I’ve seen game by game or in quarters(4 games)

To be fair... after the Jets game we were 1 and 0.  ?

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's a brilliant statement and he and the organization is right.  The only opponent that matters is the one right in front of you.  Belichick has preached this forever.  I think it's almost safe to release my excitement for JA and this team. The years of losing are over....

Amen brother !! Not worried about this team.

Hard to not get your hopes up when you see them perform on the field like they did on Sunday and then comments like that.

We've been here before and felt some optimism.  Definitely trying not to get too high on them, but this team feels a little different than teams in the past.