I experienced something for the first time today while watching the Bills!

JerseyBills

So we're on the road for the 2nd straight vweek , 1 - 0 and optimism is high ! Bills win coin toss , elect to defer. Okay great , lets see this elite defense be dominant!    

Approximately 2 minutes and 17 seconds later , Saquon Barkley is in the end zone after a sensational run , and single handedly marching the Gmen down the field , making it look too EASY. 

SO

Our O comes out and goes 3 & Out ! Oh No ! Man , I've seen this movie before , several times and it never ends well??

"This ******* team fooled me again."

"Allen Stinks!"

" Hey Sean , Stop ******* Clapping!!!"

"Our top 10 draft pick really made a difference, Still can't stop the Run!"

"This is going to be like Bell and Jay Ajayi all over again , we're just not there yet."

"Allen Stinks" 

"So Billsy" 

At 30 years old , a Bills fan since 1996 and about 13 years of watching nearly every game, today was the first time in my life that none of those emotions came up after that type of start! I didn't realize it until we tied the game.

The amazing part was that my confidence in the Bills winning never faltered , even though we were on the road , down 7 , looked Awful on defense so far and just went 3 & out! 

I said this all off season - something special is brewing in Buffalo. Even after the early adversity , I just knew we were the more talented , disciplined and better coached team and I think I'll be feeling that way ALOT this year! 

The 2019 Buffalo Bills are legit contenders in the AFC fellas...2019 is the start of a new , winning era for the Bills. Exciting Times!!

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

There were plenty of cliff jumpers after that start, so count your lucky stars.

People need to remember that the first series or two are always scripted. After those we get to really experience the true identities of the teams. What did NY do after their first drive or two? They went right back to throwing it and not giving Barkley enough touches.

The Bills failed in their scripted portion, but had superior talent, better schemes, an elite defense, better coaching, and a gamer QB, so we came out on top.

The first couple drives can be misleading.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Good post. Hope so 

my text to our group was a very simple "uh oh" after the Gints first TD, my one nephews text back was simply " not ideal" one other guy said "they will adjust"...and we all said Pat had to shotgun a Genny to get the mojo back! And he did, with a video..and the rest is history!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

I try to never let one drive early in the game get me too upset.  However, I must admit, 5 running plays in to the game  thinking that was way too easy for a team that is expected top run the ball a lot because of injuries.  After we went 3 and out next drive I started to wonder if it was gonna be one of those Bills kind of days losing a game they are expected to win.  Luckily I did not have to feel that way very long.  This team does feel different.  They don't get too high or too low during games.  Now if I can only teach myself that this isn't the old Bills of teams past I''ll be able to enjoy it more.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DQW87 said:

I try to never let one drive early in the game get me too upset.  However, I must admit, 5 running plays in to the game  thinking that was way too easy for a team that is expected top run the ball a lot because of injuries.  After we went 3 and out next drive I started to wonder if it was gonna be one of those Bills kind of days losing a game they are expected to win.  Luckily I did not have to feel that way very long.  This team does feel different.  They don't get too high or too low during games.  Now if I can only teach myself that this isn't the old Bills of teams past I''ll be able to enjoy it more.

I think all of us stung by the last 20 years of impotent teams are doing the same.  I did everything I could not to panic after that first drive

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

So we're on the road for the 2nd straight vweek , 1 - 0 and optimism is high ! Bills win coin toss , elect to defer. Okay great , lets see this elite defense be dominant!    

Approximately 2 minutes and 17 seconds later , Saquon Barkley is in the end zone after a sensational run , and single handedly marching the Gmen down the field , making it look too EASY. 

SO

Our O comes out and goes 3 & Out ! Oh No ! Man , I've seen this movie before , several times and it never ends well??

"This ******* team fooled me again."

"Allen Stinks!"

" Hey Sean , Stop ******* Clapping!!!"

"Our top 10 draft pick really made a difference, Still can't stop the Run!"

"This is going to be like Bell and Jay Ajayi all over again , we're just not there yet."

"Allen Stinks" 

"So Billsy" 

At 30 years old , a Bills fan since 1996 and about 13 years of watching nearly every game, today was the first time in my life that none of those emotions came up after that type of start! I didn't realize it until we tied the game.

The amazing part was that my confidence in the Bills winning never faltered , even though we were on the road , down 7 , looked Awful on defense so far and just went 3 & out! 

I said this all off season - something special is brewing in Buffalo. Even after the early adversity , I just knew we were the more talented , disciplined and better coached team and I think I'll be feeling that way ALOT this year! 

The 2019 Buffalo Bills are legit contenders in the AFC fellas...2019 is the start of a new , winning era for the Bills. Exciting Times!!

I know how you feel because the same thing occurred to me last week against the Jets.  I felt that we always had a chance this week and last. To be honest it was a confusing (but pleasant) state of mind.

This is a team with a long way to go imo but their easy schedule, the unlimited potential of Allen, and several other factors point to the real possibility of success in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

I am one that just looks at the next game and I think ALL games are difficult.

To me, I treat Cincinnati as a very difficult game, just like every other game they play.

You bet. Every game is a dog fight and I think that is the mindset of McBeane and this team. Go Bills.

I have no friends so I usually watch the games alone while my wife is out shopping. 

I always DVR the game and frequently pause to tend to laundry, eating, drinking, etc.

That said, yesterdays game was an easy one to watch, Bills looked in total control.

It begged a question I had to ask myself, should I be impressed ? Not yet, I thought.

Edited by I am the egg man

I looked at my wife and said, “ They’ll adjust. “ And they did. 

This is the first “ Special “ team we’ve had since the Kelly era. We’ve either had Defense or Offense but never both at the same time.

We still need some more skill position players on O but this team is built to make the playoffs, year in and year out, excepting injuries.

I’d also like to point out that 2 of our division rivals suck ( not guaranteed wins but close) . NE and KC look like the two better teams in our conference. We can beat every other team. Not saying we will but Cinci, Tenn, Cle, Den, Balt and Pitt are not terrifying. 

I hope be 3-1 at the quarter , 4-1 at the bye. IF we get there , sky’s the limit?