Playoff chances with a 3-0 start

DBilz2500

52 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Encouraging, that being said......one game at a time.

I've adopted this in my personal fanhood (ie how I actually think/feel, not just post online) and it makes the ride of the season so much more fun, and so much more tolerable when the inevitable lows hit 

One game at a time.

Hear a lot folks already looking forward to week 4.

McD's job now and I'm confident he will do it is keep these guys focused on the jobs in front of them including getting better at practice (we're nowhere near playing as well as we're capable and that is exciting) and to understand every week in the NFL is like a new season.

I'm enjoying looking forward to games in ways I haven't felt since the early 90s.  I'm like a kid again watching this team.  

• Like (+1) 1

The BBFS in me doesn't allow myself to celebrate a 3-0 start.

To me, the real barometer are the next two games.  Cincy after a 2-game winning streak is the classic type of game that the Bills usually lose.  After that, their performance against NE* is a barometer that will tell us how good or bad this team really is.

I suspect we win next week as it's the home opener... then the expectations get ratcheted up at 3-0 and we likely lose in the lead national doubleheader game against NE*.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

We had a 4-0 Start but not a 5-0 start. It was a 5-1 start 

Thank you 

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

Since 1980, teams that start 3-0 have made the playoffs 75.7% of the time. We beat Cincy and I’m gonna start feeling really good about our playoff chances! 

So what your saying is that there’s almost a 25% that we would still not make the playoffs? 

3 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

The BBFS in me doesn't allow myself to celebrate a 3-0 start.

To me, the real barometer are the next two games.  Cincy after a 2-game winning streak is the classic type of game that the Bills usually lose.  After that, their performance against NE* is a barometer that will tell us how good or bad this team really is.

I suspect we win next week as it's the home opener... then the expectations get ratcheted up at 3-0 and we likely lose in the lead national doubleheader game against NE*.

I don't think one person on this board with a functioning brain will get their hopes ratcheted up to beat the Patriots.  Them and the Chiefs are in a league of their own.  The real barometer will be at the Titans in week 5 assuming we go into that game 3-1.  

4 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Bills are playing easiest part of their schedule. A real kicker and they lose to the Jets. The Giants are a bad team. 

Things get a lot harder soon so let’s see some quality wins before we talk playoffs. 

Are we gonna play this game of "if the Jets had a real kicker"? All the while leaving out what else happened during the game.

7 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I remember a 5-0 start... Lots of football left 

The last time the Bills started 5-0 was 1991, and they went to the Super Bowl.

They also started 5-0 in 1980 and made the playoffs.

So 5-0 starts have been good to Buffalo.

You may be thinking about these relatively recent starts:

3-0 in 2011 (and 5-2), then the bottom dropped out.

4-0 in 2008 (and 5-2), then the bottom dropped out.

But yes, there is a lot of football left.

Good point and i Agree but the only way our Buffalo Bills will get any respect is they will have to beat the New England Patriots.  Go Bills

So the Bills beating the Giants who are suppose to be a bad team means the Patriots beating the Dolphins is more relevant  win so i guys you telling me the Miami Dolphins are better the NY Giants SMH 

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Bills are playing easiest part of their schedule. A real kicker and they lose to the Jets. The Giants are a bad team. 

Things get a lot harder soon so let’s see some quality wins before we talk playoffs. 

Winning on the road isn’t easy but yea, we should beat the Giants.