I’m calling it now... Josh Allen is going to be better than Carson Wentz

1 hour ago, H2o said:

People bashing Wentz forget that he was the front-runner for MVP a couple of years ago before tearing his ACL and MCL on a dive into the endzone. 

This.  Same goes for Carr before he broke his back. 

They both played amazing and I thought they were top 5 at their positions.  Those are not easy things to come back from.  

Wentz seems to be starting to find that groove again and he did it without some major weapons 

10 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Not when Mahomes gets 40+ million a year. Will make it pretty tough to field a solid team. 

Whatever the highest paid QB is - i want 10 million more if I'm Mahomes.  The head and shoulders money is nice, but lets be real.  First contract is the selfish one.  Maybe take a team discount on the 2nd one, once you've made 200 million.

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This.  Same goes for Carr before he broke his back. 

They both played amazing and I thought they were top 5 at their positions.  Those are not easy things to come back from.  

Wentz seems to be starting to find that groove again and he did it without some major weapons 

Actually, Carr broke his leg the year he was playing lights out. Carr broke his back last year. :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

People bashing Wentz forget that he was the front-runner for MVP a couple of years ago before tearing his ACL and MCL on a dive into the endzone. He's a pretty good QB, but has had some injury issues. That being said, I don't know if you can really compare the two by their playing style. Josh is clearly the better athlete and runner. I think Josh has better escape ability in the pocket as well. Like someone, I think Bandit, said yesterday, Josh makes throws that only about 3 other QB's in the NFL can make. I don't know if there are that many. Those two throws on the run yesterday, absolute dimes. The only other QB's I think who can make those two throws are Rodgers and Mahomes. Josh is like a combo of Cam and Big Ben physically, but seems to have a will to win ala Brady. He's a competitor out there and brings up the whole energy level of this team on both sides of the ball. I have never heard anyone say that about Wentz. As a matter of fact I remember hearing chatter last year about how some in the locker room wanted Foles as the permanent starter in Philly. Either way, we have a QB on the rise and a team on the right track. After 20 years of futility idc who you compare him to, I just hope he 1) stays healthy and 2) keeps winning. :thumbsup: 

Ironically those two incredible throws on the run were the only ones that felt like they were dumb throws as they were happening. Then you saw it hit  pass catchers hands perfectly while in motion and realized it’s dumb for Tyrol or Fitz to try those throws... but josh has the arm to do it. 

there were 4 inaccurate throws I recall all game. In no particular order 

-deep to brown was off off by a mile

-slant to Zay behind him...

-end zone to Zay in front and low... elite WR catches that(not sure anyone on Bills roster does, maybe Cole)

- deep to wide open Isaiah McKenzie... caught but so high he was unable to RAC 

Side note, that intentional grounding (declined due to Cody PF)... he was well out of the tackle box. Didn’t get it. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Whatever the highest paid QB is - i want 10 million more if I'm Mahomes.  The head and shoulders money is nice, but lets be real.  First contract is the selfish one.  Maybe take a team discount on the 2nd one, once you've made 200 million.

Mahomes is going to get paid, no doubt. I think the Chiefs try to get a deal done next year if they are smart. The price tag is only going to keep going up. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Mahomes is going to get paid, no doubt. I think the Chiefs try to get a deal done next year if they are smart. The price tag is only going to keep going up. 

I think he’ll get 40 mil and it will ruin the team.  

Someone else will pay him if they won’t and they already have some salaries.  

However, the way they got no name WR’s to look like Moss yesterday scares me

Just now, Virgil said:

Oh, my mistake.  Then he has no excuse to not be a legend already 

No, I was just stating the injury my friend. I understand your point about injuries getting guys off trajectory though. Coaching can have the same effect. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

We’ll see- you’ve seen his agent in that all star commercial. Doesn’t seem very good?

Just now, H2o said:

No, I was just stating the injury my friend. I understand your point about injuries getting guys off trajectory though. Coaching can have the same effect. :thumbsup:

You’re good boss. Sarcasm doesn’t translate to well on forums.  I need to use italics, as somehow I think that should matter

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

However, the way [the Chiefs] got no name WR’s to look like Moss yesterday scares me

They found their QB last year and are at the stage of bringing in personnel specifically to complement his strengths. Beane will be in the same position 2020, I hope.

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Obvious right? 

I’ll add watching Wentz as if he were Allen, I saw more inaccurate passes, less athleticism, and other subtleties that tell me Allen will be a better nfl QB than Wentz, if he’s not already passed him. 

Wentz played very well in the first game. And Allen still hasn't hit on a deep pass yet. All have been overthrows.

11 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Oh vey & Geez Louise! He beat the two crap teams from NYS!

Move away from the Meth!

Allen has not been to the Playoffs.

Has not thrown for ONE 300 yard game.

Completes slightly more than 50% of his passes and Wins v.s. Losses.

Has more INTs than TDs.

Try coming back in 5 years to see if he’s even still on the Roster. ?

Try coming back in 2 WEEKS and see how he does against the best!

You seem like the kind of guy who would b!tch about an interception thrown in the 3rd quarter of our first Super Bowl win.

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

You seem like the kind of guy who would b!tch about an interception thrown in the 3rd quarter of our first Super Bowl win.

Of course not.

My testimony & I’m sticking to it, is that I saw a few of those IN PERSON @ XXV & XXVII!

Those teams were composed of multiple players in Canton now!

Just saying... let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Two decent road wins against also rans. Let’s see some outstanding performances and preferably, against Playoff bound teams, before we anoint Allen as the Second Coming.

Im not going to claim Allen is or will be better than Wentz but I have always thought that the people that are hyper critical about Allen need to watch other QBs with the same level of scrutiny. When someone comes on here and says "The ball was 1 foot behind him, that is an easy pitch and catch for a starting QB" or complains about a ball being every so slightly off from Allen, the only QB capable of meeting their expectations is maybe Brees. QBs that are considered serious Franchise QBs miss passes all the time.