I’m calling it now... Josh Allen is going to be better than Carson Wentz

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My goodness we're a schizophrenic bunch.  One week Allen is so inaccurate and will never be more than a zip code passer with fast legs.  Now he's better than Wentz.

I know it's not the same people but sheesh

If you include availability probably.  I see Wentz having a career like Luck.

P.S. Be careful with pop psychology diagnoses.  Some posters get offended by that.

Edited by Limeaid
Added to post and editor posted it twice

He sure looks better than Wentz at the moment, even though Wentz battled back tonight. His throws were way off and seemed like a lot of miscommunication on the eagles offense.

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Forget about Wentz....its going to be Mahomes he'll be chasing for 10 years...

We got a little Defense for that ?

5 hours ago, eanyills said:

Nothing against you but I hate this argument. The price of sustained success is paying your QB.

If the Bills are going to be great, Josh will most likely be great. If that’s the case, guess who else is going to be making a ton of money?

McDermott ?

5 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Oh, man.  I SO wanted Brohm to be good.  

It's a whole new ball game.

Wait and see.   I hope, and think it's possible, that Allen will go the Brady route.  Of course, it would help if Allen married someone who makes $50 million a year on her own.  

with the way this team plays offense and defense we wont need a lot of stars who need to be paid.

4 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Oh vey & Geez Louise! He beat the two crap teams from NYS!

Move away from the Meth!

Allen has not been to the Playoffs.

Has not thrown for ONE 300 yard game.

Completes slightly more than 50% of his passes and Wins v.s. Losses.

Has more INTs than TDs.

Try coming back in 5 years to see if he’s even still on the Roster. ?

Try coming back in 2 WEEKS and see how he does against the best!

Anal-ytics

we know that's you Schopp and you're an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, McBean said:

Give Allen something comparable to what Mahomes has.

Pat Mahomes is driving a Ferrari.

Allen is racing in a Ford Taurus.

He doesn't do a bad job of it at all.

That's why I have a big problem when people rip Allen when he hasn't even had a full season of starts yet, just as one example.

Allen is working with NINE new starters. What did Mahomes walk into when he started?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

I love that we have these kind of threads now, it’s so much more encouraging than the “Start Brian Brohm” threads

So much truth to this, and so many different names. The Tuel time threads can make anyone shiver.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, McBean said:

Give Allen something comparable to what Mahomes has.

Pat Mahomes is driving a Ferrari.

Allen is racing in a Ford Taurus.

More like a Corvette this year for Allen. Right now the Ferrari is on D. Give Beane another year and I believe the team will be complete. 

Also Reed is probably one of the greatest offensive play calling minds in the last 30 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BidsJr said:

The only one that I am worried about beating is Mahomes.  KC is going to be a nemesis for a very long time.

Brady will be gone soon enough.

That’ll take longer to see. Mahomes just looks ridiculous right now. 

Even better than last season. He shredded the raiders.  

9 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

When did “I’m calling it now”  become the new “hear me out”..?

It just happened 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If you include availability probably.  I see Wentz having a career like Luck.

P.S. Be careful with pop psychology diagnoses.  Some posters get offended by that.

I see Wentz having a career without luck and I've always liked him.

People bashing Wentz forget that he was the front-runner for MVP a couple of years ago before tearing his ACL and MCL on a dive into the endzone. He's a pretty good QB, but has had some injury issues. That being said, I don't know if you can really compare the two by their playing style. Josh is clearly the better athlete and runner. I think Josh has better escape ability in the pocket as well. Like someone, I think Bandit, said yesterday, Josh makes throws that only about 3 other QB's in the NFL can make. I don't know if there are that many. Those two throws on the run yesterday, absolute dimes. The only other QB's I think who can make those two throws are Rodgers and Mahomes. Josh is like a combo of Cam and Big Ben physically, but seems to have a will to win ala Brady. He's a competitor out there and brings up the whole energy level of this team on both sides of the ball. I have never heard anyone say that about Wentz. As a matter of fact I remember hearing chatter last year about how some in the locker room wanted Foles as the permanent starter in Philly. Either way, we have a QB on the rise and a team on the right track. After 20 years of futility idc who you compare him to, I just hope he 1) stays healthy and 2) keeps winning. :thumbsup: 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Oh vey & Geez Louise! He beat the two crap teams from NYS!

Move away from the Meth!

Allen has not been to the Playoffs.

Has not thrown for ONE 300 yard game.

Completes slightly more than 50% of his passes and Wins v.s. Losses.

Has more INTs than TDs.

Try coming back in 5 years to see if he’s even still on the Roster. ?

Try coming back in 2 WEEKS and see how he does against the best!

Try leaving.?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MJS said:

You say that after Wentz has a bad game, but what will you say after Allen has a bad game this year?

Probably that he didn't have a bad game, the receivers let him down and the coaching staff were idiots who called bad plays. Allen's been pretty good so far but saying he is better then Wentz might be a little premature right now. Allen has barely played a full seasons worth of games in the league so far.

56 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Need to see Allen play a better defense. 

You mean a defense like the Raiders that Mahomes chewed up yesterday?  Now that was an elite secondary.  The Bills play who they play. 

And don't lose hope, I'm sure a couple of defenses will shut Allen down and make him look like the inexperienced 2nd year project QB that he is. But then again just like you want to see Allen against better defenses I would love to see Allen with the Rams or Chiefs skill players!  We can all play the glass is half empty/half full game.