Have the Bills ever started a season with 2 straight road wins?

I'm too lazy to do the homework of checking 60 seasons worth of results...can anyone remember the Bills going 2-0 to start the season with both wins on the road?

Also, the Bills are the 4th team to win back to back road games in the same stadium. The other 3 teams all made the playoffs. And all 4 teams did it in New Jersey.

Nope, as was stated on the TV broadcast. First time they’ve ever been 2-0 with both wins being road wins.

EDIT: And secondly, I get that they all did it in New Jersey, but is there any other stadium/city that this is possible in?

Edited by CLTbills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Nope, as was stated on the TV broadcast. First time they’ve ever been 2-0 with both wins being road wins.

EDIT: And secondly, I get that they all did it in New Jersey, but is there any other stadium/city that this is possible in?

Thanks, I missed that. I watched the game muted on my phone at my niece's birthday party (she's a teenager now and had a bunch of friends there, so my wife was lenient about it :D )

I figured the LA Raiders and Rams in the 90s would have offered teams that opportunity.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Currently the only way it would be possible is if some team's home stadium was unavailable for some reason, and their game had to be moved somewhere, and it just happened to be that an away team played both games there. 

In a year or two it will be possible in Los Angeles, if the same away team is scheduled to visit to play the Rams and the Chargers.  I sure hope it isn't the Bills.  They historically haven't traveled well to the West Coast, particularly for two games in a row.

12 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Thanks, I missed that. I watched the game muted on my phone at my niece's birthday party (she's a teenager now and had a bunch of friends there, so my wife was lenient about it :D )

I figured the LA Raiders and Rams in the 90s would have offered teams that opportunity.

Statistically it’s just very rare to have the chance.

even if in one of their divisions you only play the other on the once every 8 years

id be surprised if more than 1, maybe 2, times has a team actually had the schedule quirk happen 

26 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I mean there was winning against the Lions in 2014 and then having a "home game" in Detroit after the snowstorm where we won as well.

I guess maybe circumstances like that it's possible?  Though the second game was a "home game" 

I believe there was a graphic at the beginning of the game about teams going 2-0 at the same away stadium to start the season. I think it was 3 teams that did it. 

Not sure if that's what the stat was referring to or not though. It happened a few hours ago and my vision might have been in question at the time. 

Edited by The Wiz

39 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I'm too lazy to do the homework of checking 60 seasons worth of results...can anyone remember the Bills going 2-0 to start the season with both wins on the road?

Seasons the Bills started on the road the first two games...

1963 0-2 against Chargers, Raiders

1998 0-2 against Chargers, Dolphins

2006 1-1 against Patriots* (L), Dolphins (W)

All other seasons at least one of the first two games was played at home. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Also, the Bills are the 4th team to win back to back road games in the same stadium. The other 3 teams all made the playoffs. And all 4 teams did it in New Jersey.

Yes, 2019.

As others have mentioned that's the only time that has happened for the Bills to date.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I believe there was a graphic at the beginning of the game about teams going 2-0 at the same away stadium to start the season. I think it was 3 teams that did it. 

Not sure if that's what the stat was referring to or not though. It happened a few hours ago and my vision might have been in question at the time. 

The back to back road wins in the same stadium issue happened 3 times before today, but I don't believe those 3 other cases were in weeks 1&2.

My question was have the Bills ever started 2-0 with both wins on the road, regardless of stadium?

10 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Seasons the Bills started on the road the first two games...

1963 0-2 against Chargers, Raiders

1998 0-2 against Chargers, Dolphins

2006 1-1 against Patriots* (L), Dolphins (W)

All other seasons at least one of the first two games was played at home. 

Wow! I assumed that the Bills started the season with back to back road games more than 3 times before this season. Thanks 

Edit: did you do the homework here, or did you see this posted somewhere online? If you did the work, kudos

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I heard the same thing at the conclusion of the game but I wasn't sure if it was on CBS or NFL Network.

7 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

The Bills usually play at least 1 of 1st 2 games at home