Game clock at the end with 5 minutes to play

BillsFan130

One play that baffled me was the game clock when the Bills were trying to run down the clock with 5 minutes left.

The refs originally called a Personal foul on the Giants but then picked up the flag. So with like 4:55 remaining, the clock should technically be running after that but wasn’t.

At the end of the day it didn’t matter, but I was pissed as the Bills got screwed out of running 40

more seconds down.

Im assuming that was just a technical error by the officials?

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

One play that baffled me was the game clock when the Bills were trying to run down the clock with 5 minutes left.

The refs originally called a Personal foul on the Giants but then picked up the flag. So with like 4:55 remaining, the clock should technically be running after that but wasn’t.

At the end of the day it didn’t matter, but I was pissed as the Bills got screwed out of running 40

more seconds down.

Im assuming that was just a technical error by the officials?

Good catch - gotta think the clock should be running there. 

McD shoulda been all over this if so.

Seems the like refs screw something up on timekeeping every single week.  This should be the most basic job of all.

Of course one of those times victimized the Saints.  That team is just snake-bit.  Did anyone else catch what happened today?  The Saints strip sacked Goff, and the ball bounced to a defender, who ran it back about 80 yards for a TD, in a very close defensive game.  The Saints should have gone ahead on the play.  Instead a ref blew the play dead.  They're supposed to let the play proceed if it's close between a fumble and an incomplete pass, but instead they blew it dead.  The Saints did get the ball but way back in their own end. 

The Bills have been screwed by refs, but never so many times so badly in a short span of games.  If what's been happening to the Saints happened to the Bills, we'd be throwing refs over Niagara Falls. Without a barrel.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I think the Giants called time out. The announcers didn't say anything.  But when the Giants got the ball back they only had one TO left.  I think they stopped it to prevent Bills from running off 40 seconds prior to punting.  

This, I'm pretty sure i noticed that the Giants lost a time out after play resumed. 

1 minute ago, BfloBillsFan said:

This, I'm pretty sure i noticed that the Giants lost a time out after play resumed. 

And THEN, shortly afterwards, they added a TO back to the Giants on the screen. I have no idea what happened.......

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I think the Giants called time out. The announcers didn't say anything.  But when the Giants got the ball back they only had one TO left.  I think they stopped it to prevent Bills from running off 40 seconds prior to punting.  

They didn’t. I thought they did at first but I triple checked because I was so confused by the stoppage.

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

There was either a Giants TO or injury TO there.  I didn't save the tape to check this time, but when I went back last week to check all the time bitching, the refs were correct and there were no shenanigans.

I don’t believe there was though. Like 99 percent sure. The only thing was the flag that they were discussing and ultimately picked up but the clock stopped because of that.

• Like (+1) 1