Jump to content
dubs

Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

Recommended Posts

 

1 minute ago, MDH said:

 

Eifert isn't even their #1 TE. Uzomah is and he's the reason they let Kroft go. Kroft couldn't stay on the field and Uzomah just keep getting better and better. They gave him the money this offseason (3 years $18 millon) and let Kroft go. I'm pretty sure the Bills would have preferred Uzomah as well but they took what they could get.

They would have kept Kroft if he was cheap. He wasn’t so they didn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

They would have kept Kroft if he was cheap. He wasn’t so they didn’t. 

 

Yeah, you don't pay your #3 TE $6M a year. That's what Kroft was on that team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

I'm sure they are going to play lights out for Mr. Pancho also. Have a feeling this is going to be one of the most loudest, insane home games. I really see the Bengals getting off to a slow start. If so hopefully the Bills will take full advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just really glad this game is at home and it's the opener.  This team is scary on offense if Mixon is healthy.  Dalton is on pace for 5000 yards and when he's on he's as good as most---unless the start time is after 8pm.  

 

This is the first time in 20 years I'm referring to a Bills game as a trap game.  Too much talk about next week and stomping this team as if it's a foregone conclusion.....what an awesome place to finally be in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

 

This is the first time in 20 years I'm referring to a Bills game as a trap game

 

So stop right now, because trap games don't exist.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, eball said:

 

So stop right now, because trap games don't exist.

they really don't. "Any given sunday" gets used wayyyyy too much, but its very VERY true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Just really glad this game is at home and it's the opener.  This team is scary on offense if Mixon is healthy.  Dalton is on pace for 5000 yards and when he's on he's as good as most---unless the start time is after 8pm.  

 

This is the first time in 20 years I'm referring to a Bills game as a trap game.  Too much talk about next week and stomping this team as if it's a foregone conclusion.....what an awesome place to finally be in!

Strength against Strength there--their Pass O, Bills Pass D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Just really glad this game is at home and it's the opener.  This team is scary on offense if Mixon is healthy.  Dalton is on pace for 5000 yards and when he's on he's as good as most---unless the start time is after 8pm.  

 

This is the first time in 20 years I'm referring to a Bills game as a trap game.  Too much talk about next week and stomping this team as if it's a foregone conclusion.....what an awesome place to finally be in!

 

 

...we really need to get "The Hat" as a feared venue to play in like yesteryear.....in the "good 'ol days", "W" was not the question versus "by how much?".....

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is such a thing as a trap game but it's different then what folks think.  Last season Minnesota lost a trap game to the Bills.  Why was that a trap game and not a "on any given Sunday" game? 

 

*  The vikings were at home facing a Bills team with a raw rookie at QB.  A rookie who could not beat out Nathan Peterman and who 90% of the NFL QB experts were predicting was a raw prospect that would likely be a bust.  There was NO evidence whatsoever that Allen would be jumping OVER LB's. 

 

*  The Vikes had watched the previous 2 Bills games on tape and it's hard not to think they came away feeling very confident.  The loss to Baltimore was historic and things didn't get a whole lot better against LA the next week.

 

*  On tape, there was ZERO evidence that Buffalo had a good defense.  In fact all the evidence pointed to a race to the bottom between the Bill's defense & offense.  There was no indication from the tape that the Bills could rise up and play championship caliber defense generating TO's and shutting the Vikings offense down.

 

*  By the time the Vikings were aware they were in a trap, they were down 17 - 0 and facing a Bills defense that would go on and become one of the top 5 defenses in the league.

 

This week is different IMO because:

 

*  The Bills know Dalton is a good QB that can play lights out.  They also know that whatever the O-lines problems are Mixon is an elite NFL RB.  And it's obvious the Bengals have an emerging stud at WR in Ross.

 

*  While the Bengals laid an egg last week the Bills have seen the tape of their 21 - 20 loss to Seattle.  A tape that shows the Bengals DOMINATED the Seahawks in everything but the score.  The Bengals defense, that was so bad last week, held Wilson & company in check and the Bengals offense shredded the Seahawks defense IN SEATTLE!

 

So I'm very confident that the Bills will not be underestimating Cincinnati in the same way that the Vikings underestimated the Bills last year.  My fear is that the Bengal's will p[lay like they did against Seattle (I watched the game) and if they do they are more then capable of beating the Bills.

 

Still I'm predicting a Bills 34 - 17 victory because I think this team is good and getting better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

There is such a thing as a trap game but it's different then what folks think.  Last season Minnesota lost a trap game to the Bills.  Why was that a trap game and not a "on any given Sunday" game? 

 

*  The vikings were at home facing a Bills team with a raw rookie at QB.  A rookie who could not beat out Nathan Peterman and who 90% of the NFL QB experts were predicting was a raw prospect that would likely be a bust.  There was NO evidence whatsoever that Allen would be jumping OVER LB's. 

 

*  The Vikes had watched the previous 2 Bills games on tape and it's hard not to think they came away feeling very confident.  The loss to Baltimore was historic and things didn't get a whole lot better against LA the next week.

 

*  On tape, there was ZERO evidence that Buffalo had a good defense.  In fact all the evidence pointed to a race to the bottom between the Bill's defense & offense.  There was no indication from the tape that the Bills could rise up and play championship caliber defense generating TO's and shutting the Vikings offense down.

 

*  By the time the Vikings were aware they were in a trap, they were down 17 - 0 and facing a Bills defense that would go on and become one of the top 5 defenses in the league.

 

This week is different IMO because:

 

*  The Bills know Dalton is a good QB that can play lights out.  They also know that whatever the O-lines problems are Mixon is an elite NFL RB.  And it's obvious the Bengals have an emerging stud at WR in Ross.

 

*  While the Bengals laid an egg last week the Bills have seen the tape of their 21 - 20 loss to Seattle.  A tape that shows the Bengals DOMINATED the Seahawks in everything but the score.  The Bengals defense, that was so bad last week, held Wilson & company in check and the Bengals offense shredded the Seahawks defense IN SEATTLE!

 

So I'm very confident that the Bills will not be underestimating Cincinnati in the same way that the Vikings underestimated the Bills last year.  My fear is that the Bengal's will p[lay like they did against Seattle (I watched the game) and if they do they are more then capable of beating the Bills.

 

Still I'm predicting a Bills 34 - 17 victory because I think this team is good and getting better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm kinda thinking you just pulled that 90% number out of your butt.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

that's hilarious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eball said:

 

So stop right now, because trap games don't exist.

This is only a “trap game” in the minds of fans.  I guarantee you that McD is not allowing that thinking to take root on the team.  They may get beat but it will not be because they took the Bengals lightly or were unprepared.  

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FLFan said:

This is only a “trap game” in the minds of fans.  I guarantee you that McD is not allowing that thinking to take root on the team.  They may get beat but it will not be because they took the Bengals lightly or were unprepared.  

This x100. If they play poorly they will lose. It won’t be because they were looking ahead. The Bengals have enough talent that I’m sure the Bills are pretty juiced to go up against them, it’s a great test. They do suck as a team overall imo  but that’s not indicative of the talent they have in certain areas and it doesn’t mean they couldn’t beat most anybody save maybe the Pats 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'm kinda thinking you just pulled that 90% number out of your butt.

that's hilarious

Right there was plenty of evidence Allen would hurdle someone he'd already done it at both junior college and at UW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right there was plenty of evidence Allen would hurdle someone he'd already done it at both junior college and at UW.

Do you think he’s sizing up our boy Preston brown 👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Do you think he’s sizing up our boy Preston brown 👀

If he's the one spying Allen chances are he'll embarrass him in some way.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'm kinda thinking you just pulled that 90% number out of your butt.

 

 

Well I didn't conduct an exhaustive survey but yea it seemed like that in the months leading up to the start of last season the "experts" were overwhelmingly predicting that Allen would be a bust.  Was it 90% - who knows.  Maybe it was only 82.3%.  But a lot of the national & expert NFL guys were saying Allen was going to be a bust.  Back then Allen's strongest support came from a small group of ex QB's and Mel Kiper!  

 

In fact looking at the early season assessments of last years QB class the two rookie QB's who would least scare a team were Josh Allen & Lamar Jackson.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This x100. If they play poorly they will lose. It won’t be because they were looking ahead. The Bengals have enough talent that I’m sure the Bills are pretty juiced to go up against them, it’s a great test. They do suck as a team overall imo  but that’s not indicative of the talent they have in certain areas and it doesn’t mean they couldn’t beat most anybody save maybe the Pats 

Bengals seem to be a strange matchup for us since Tre White came into the league. I know it has nothing to do with him specifically, but AJ Green is like Tre White kryptonite.  Preseason, regular season, whatever. Seems to struggle against him, but that’s just because he’s set the bar so high with respect to every other guy he covers. We expect perfection. AJ Green looks to be out this game which should help. John Ross straight up abused Quitter Vontae last year in the preseason game. Yes, it was preseason, but it’s not like it was against scrubs. Those skills translate and he’s dangerous due to that speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I've been down here listening to Cincinnati talk radio.  And here's what the local analysts and a couple of national guys they've had on their shows are saying about the Bills:

 

*  The first thing you hear is that sure the Bills are 2 - 0 but they played the Giants & Jets.  At that point you get a belly laugh!

 

*  Then you get an admission that the Bills play good defense.

 

*  On the question of Josh Allen it's the same old tired refrain from last year:  1)  He's still inaccurate!   2)  He still is playing hero ball and will make bonehead throws!  3)  His highs are high but his lows are LOWWWWW.  Put pressure on him and he'll make all kinds of mistakes! 

 

*  The best analysis IMO came from Bengal's color analyst Dave Lapham who pointed out that since a rocky first half start against the Jets the Allen led Bills offense had scored 6 TD's in 16 possessions which included a couple of end of half & end of game kneel downs.  He's also the only guy I've heard say that Allen is much improved over last year.

 

*  On Laphams show Eric Wood called in (he's a local guy who played at Elder high school) and that's been the highlight of this weeks local Cincy coverage of the game.  Both Wood & Lapham know their stuff and I was very impressed with Wood as a radio commentator. 

 

*  Overall there's a weird sense of over confidence and impending doom from the locals about this game.  This is understandable given how well the Bengals played against the Seahawks and how crappy they played against the 49's.  At least from a local fans and sports experts POV this IS the make or break game for the Bengal's season.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Is Tre White’s participation on Sunday in doubt?

 

Better not be in doubt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Say When... said:

 

wasn't there some comment about him B & M'ing about the training facilities?

Wasnt that a different tyler?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...