Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Has he been a bust at center?

It was a blend of injuries and regime/scheme change. He got a late start last year due to injury and he did struggle at times at C when he played. The he hit hurt again and had to recover this offseason and isn’t really a good fit for the new OL scheme. He started the year as a backup G. He was really good G in college though for 3 years. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Bandito said:

We were down 16-0 in the third quarter to a bad team. Darnold didn't do anything. Luckily they had Leveon Bell. Without Bell they'd be even worse. You thinking Darnold and Enunwa are good NFL players is pathetic. Let's wait and see until we play a good team. Jets and Giants are bad as is Cincinatti. If we lose this weekend, we likely have our answer to how good we are. Not very. If we win, we still haven't played anyone good.

I foresee for you a vacation from TBD sometime relatively soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

We were down 16-0 in the third quarter to a bad team. Darnold didn't do anything. Luckily they had Leveon Bell. Without Bell they'd be even worse. You thinking Darnold and Enunwa are good NFL players is pathetic. Let's wait and see until we play a good team. Jets and Giants are bad as is Cincinatti. If we lose this weekend, we likely have our answer to how good we are. Not very. If we win, we still haven't played anyone good.

Who let this guy in here?

2 hours ago, Bandito said:

Well let's bring in some negativity, shall we? We beat two of the worst teams in the league and have  another one at home this weekend. Almost losing to the Jets doesn't bode well for us moving forward

And this my good sir is a tremendous job being negative. Message board balance restored.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Jets team on the road in their home opener WITH Darnold, mosely, Quinnen, onunwa a bit different than the depleted team without those guys, playing with the practice squad QB that we saw on Monday, come on. If you need a reminder, the Jets were favored in that game. 

Isn't feeling lethargic a symptom of mono? Now we know who kissed Darnold.

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

I agree, but neither team was any good

While you do have a point to an extent, the NFL is a business and the number 1 objective is to win games. How many times has a BAD team derailed the Bills momentum? How many times have the Bills lost to teams they were "supposed" to beat? Although people do seem to forget that the Jets were favored. I'm a results orientated guy and the Bills won two road games to start the season. That's the bottom line. If you break it down, there is some merit to the idea that these two games don't necessarily portend great things for the team. On the flip side, they won both games. Now they have a chance to start 3-0. The Bengals are the opponent this week and I feel pretty good about our chances. I take nothing for granted, but this is yet another very winnable game. And if they handle their business, it will mean just that; they handled their business. 

Overall, I'm glad we're sitting here talking about how significant or insignificant starting 2-0 is for the long term. It's a much better place to be than wondering how the team is going to recover from bad losses.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

It's like there is a rule that fans can't enjoy a 2-0 start.  Did they beat the best teams in the league - no.  Did they win on the road, yes.

Even when the Bills are crappy they still usually win 3-4 at home.  Bottom line is that a road win is a big win in this league.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bandito said:

So the two games we've won don't prove anything, but one loss will.  And even if we win (and are 3 - 0), it doesn't show that we're good.  Makes a TON of sense...

:beer: 

• Like (+1) 1