dubs

Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is shaping up to be a last minute decision most likely......

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

With Gore and Singeltary both out today Yeldon must be getting some serious reps.

9 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

This is shaping up to be a last minute decision most likely......

Just bench him. Singletary needs to be healthy for the rest of the year. Gore and Yeldon can hold down the fort for one game. If Singletary is really day to day, make sure that he doesn't take a shot too early which takes him out for a month or longer.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, BubbaT said:

I'm thrilled they won 2 road games as well. It's a great start and I totally agree with your points. That said, the Bills were outscored 78-23 in their first two games last year. They went to Minnesota, a playoff team in 2017 who was 1-0-1 coming in and  totally outplayed them. It's the NFL. They are one lack of focus and effort or bad luck from a bad loss. 2-1 with New England coming in and a tough road game in Tennessee does not look nearly as good as 3-0 and could change in a major way the perceptions we have of the 2-0 start.

And I take these points as well. I'm certainly not convinced they're destined for greatness and I understand that you can extrapolate some things that would lead to questions about the significance. I definitely entered the season as a "skeptic" and I would have to say I remain somewhat skeptical. My main point is that I don't get TOO caught up in who they beat, etc. even if I agree with much of what you say. AT THIS POINT, they've gotten the job done. The Jets game certainly wasn't pretty, but they WON. How many times in our recent history have the Bills found a way to "make it a game" late in the 4th and ended up on the losing side of the equation? I suppose I view two road wins, against any NFL opponent,(maybe not Miami) as a great way to start the season. I've also seen some things, mainly in the Giants game, that I didn't see from Allen last season, even down the stretch when his play was improved. Looks much more decisive, finding his intermediate target, scanning the field, etc. What you need to see from a 2nd year QB is progress. So far, I've seen progress. Not exactly setting the league by storm, but progress. I'm personally more encouraged than I have been at any point about his prospects to emerge as a franchise QB.

All of it could of course fall apart and the season could end poorly for both the Bills and for Allen. But right now, I like a number of things I've seen and I feel like alot of the stuff I've completely dismissed as nonsense, ie "process" could very well have some merit. Time will tell as they say.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am assuming this will not be a long term thing since we haven’t added or called up a running back. Hopefully he plays this week if needed. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am assuming this will not be a long term thing since we haven’t added or called up a running back. Hopefully he plays this week if needed. 

I say save him for the Super Bowl.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I say save him for the Super Bowl.

Is New England* inviting him to the game?

(Ducks behind couch to avoid Royale with Cheese's thrown shoe)

• Skeptical 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

No BBFS here; just a total refusal to draw any conclusions (or even inferences) about 90% of the league based upon weeks 1 and 2.

right. you're not saying anything that I don't think anyone with a level head doesn't already know. people are saying the bills SHOULD handle the bengals. I agree. but all the factors you have mentioned play a part in my hesitance along with the fact that the bills routinely let us down in this sort of scenario, which I light heartedly referred to as BBFS..… i'll save some of those beers for you. maybe it'll lighten ya up a bit. 😂

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Is New England* inviting him to the game?

(Ducks behind couch to avoid Royale with Cheese's thrown shoe)

Don’t worry since I’m not wearing shoes....I’m wearing flip flops with my jeans.

Totally acceptable.

@Jay_Fixit

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Confidence is fine.

The "there's no way we lose" type bravado I'm seeing from some fans is misplaced.

It’s their bravado. Who tf are you to say different? Bills fans are excited. The team hasn’t lost a game going back to December. Alit  your high horse. You’re far from the scholarly School Marm you fancy yourself. What if it turns out it isn’t misplaced? Will you come back to give a mea culpa?

Rhetorical question. I know you won’t.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

PFT:

Bengals at Bills

MDS’s take: I’m not sure the Bills are all that good, but I am sure they have an easy schedule that could easily put them in the playoffs. They get their third straight win against a bad team on Sunday.(MDS took the Jets week one)

MDS’s pick: Bills 24, Bengals 20.

Florio’s take: The Bills are for real! (Until they play the Patriots.)

Florio’s pick: Bills 27, Bengals 17.

18 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

He just comes off as a really nice guy. Loves his horses "It's a fun way to stay out of trouble" Yes Ed, play with your horses. Someone Help this guy get his barn up!

We need these guys!

22 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s their bravado. Who tf are you to say different? Bills fans are excited. The team hasn’t lost a game going back to December. Alit  your high horse. You’re far from the scholarly School Marm you fancy yourself. What if it turns out it isn’t misplaced? Will you come back to give a mea culpa?

rev

• Like (+1) 1

Just found out that Alex Van Pelt is the Bengals QB coach.  I'm a big AVP fan.  His best game as a Bill was the 1995 playoff against the Squeelers.  After AVP brings us back, Kelly hits the TS to Thurman, then throws 2 INTs to seal the game for the Squeelers.  I still think if AVP stays in, we win.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s their bravado. Who tf are you to say different?

Who am I? A fan like most others on here. If my opinions aren't welcome, feel free to let me know so that I'm not wasting my time.

Alit  your high horse. You’re far from the scholarly School Marm you fancy yourself.

Humorous, though seems a bit personal. If my statements are somehow in violation of the TOS, please feel free to let me know and I'll gladly abide. Maybe the TOS have changed lately? Seems like that could be the case based on a few things I've seen--or maybe there's just some selective application.  Any of those are fine, I just need to know the rules of engagement.

As for how I fancy myself?  Just a football fan. If others take my tone personally, they're more than welcome to address that with me directly. I've got nothing to hide.

What if it turns out it isn’t misplaced? Will you come back to give a mea culpa?

A mea culpa for saying that this game isn't a slam dunk? Sure, if the game ends up a laugher, then I will gladly say that the bravado was justified from the get-go and I was wrong. Won't be the first plate of crow that I've eaten.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Don’t worry since I’m not wearing shoes....I’m wearing flip flops with my jeans.

Totally acceptable.

@Jay_Fixit

jeans are never acceptable 

buddy just texted me Kroft left with an ankle today.... havnt found it on here.... real deal?

EDIT: Just saw it above this post. lol

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1