Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

3 critical matchups to follow for Bills vs. Bengals | Scouting Report

Undercurrents

• A.J. Green is not expected to return from an ankle injury anytime soon. He told Bengals.com that it could take longer than the reported six to eight weeks. Green said he wants to make sure it’s 100 percent.
  • The health of Joe Mixon’s ankle was called into question last week after a subpar performance against the 49ers. Mixon injured the ankle in the Week 1 game at Seattle, and by most accounts did not look 100 percent last Sunday. He had 17 yards on 11 carries last week.
  • Cincinnati has the second-longest active road losing streak at six games. Only Miami with seven straight road defeats has more.
  • Stretching back to last season the Bills have scored touchdowns on nine consecutive red zone possessions. It is the longest streak in the NFL.
Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

41 minutes ago, Say When... said:

wasn't there some comment about him B & M'ing about the training facilities?

No. That was eifert’s dad. 

43 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Oh for crying out loud. Dude is the new Glass-quise Goodwin. 

Well at least we don’t know what we’re missing 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

See it's the things like this that make you know this team has turned the corner IMO. I believe this team will have great chemistry very early.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also like the way they are handling John Brown. Letting some of these guys rest. It looks like we may see Andre Roberts this week since he was limited. I hope so anyways.

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Of course we can lose. Especially if we pull another 4 turnover *****. I just don't think we will.

Yeah, this is where I am leaning. As long as "Bad Josh" doesn't show up the Bills should handle their business.

The Bengals have a really good DL but horrible LBs and a shaky secondary. They play nickel D as their base D because their LBs are so bad which is likely why they struggle to stop the run. The Bills should be able to use Yeldon (If Singletary is out) on stretch plays and as a receiver out of the backfield to great success. The Bengals are also having to start their backup slot corner and I think Beasley will feast on him Sunday.

On the other side the Bengals have very good receiving threats and match up well vs the Bills secondary, particularly Ross who is probably the fastest guy in the NFL. The Bills' secondary doesn't have speed. I'm hoping the Bills put White on Boyde all game and then bracket Ross - he's the guy who will beat the Bills if the Bills get beaten. As mentioned above, the Bangles OL is horrible which is why their run game has suffered. The Bills should be able to get pressure pretty consistently on Dalton and shut down Mixon.

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Oh for crying out loud. Dude is the new Glass-quise Goodwin. 

He had injury issues with the Bengals too which is part of how he lost his job and was allowed to move on in FA. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MDH said:

He had injury issues with the Bengals too which is part of how he lost his job and was allowed to move on in FA. 

The Bengals don’t care about injuries. They tolerate them because it keeps player costs down. They re-sign eifert year after year for cheap because he’s made of duct tape and AJ green plays about a handful of games a season. They let Kroft  leave because the Bills offered more money. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bengals don’t care about injuries. They tolerate them because it keeps player costs down. They re-sign eifert year after year for cheap because he’s made of duct tape and AJ green plays about a handful of games a season. They let Kroft  leave because the Bills offered more money. 

Eifert isn't even their #1 TE. Uzomah is and he's the reason they let Kroft go. Kroft couldn't stay on the field and Uzomah just keep getting better and better. They gave him the money this offseason (3 years $18 millon) and let Kroft go. I'm pretty sure the Bills would have preferred Uzomah as well but they took what they could get.

Edited by MDH

1 minute ago, MDH said:

Eifert isn't even their #1 TE. Uzomah is and he's the reason they let Kroft go. Kroft couldn't stay on the field and Uzomah just keep getting better and better. They gave him the money this offseason (3 years $18 millon) and let Kroft go. I'm pretty sure the Bills would have preferred Uzomah as well but they took what they could get.

They would have kept Kroft if he was cheap. He wasn’t so they didn’t. 

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm sure they are going to play lights out for Mr. Pancho also. Have a feeling this is going to be one of the most loudest, insane home games. I really see the Bengals getting off to a slow start. If so hopefully the Bills will take full advantage.