Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

PFT:

Bengals at Bills

MDS’s take: I’m not sure the Bills are all that good, but I am sure they have an easy schedule that could easily put them in the playoffs. They get their third straight win against a bad team on Sunday.(MDS took the Jets week one)

MDS’s pick: Bills 24, Bengals 20.

Florio’s take: The Bills are for real! (Until they play the Patriots.)

Florio’s pick: Bills 27, Bengals 17.

22 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s their bravado. Who tf are you to say different? Bills fans are excited. The team hasn’t lost a game going back to December. Alit  your high horse. You’re far from the scholarly School Marm you fancy yourself. What if it turns out it isn’t misplaced? Will you come back to give a mea culpa?

Rhetorical question. I know you won’t.

rev

• Like (+1) 1

Just found out that Alex Van Pelt is the Bengals QB coach.  I'm a big AVP fan.  His best game as a Bill was the 1995 playoff against the Squeelers.  After AVP brings us back, Kelly hits the TS to Thurman, then throws 2 INTs to seal the game for the Squeelers.  I still think if AVP stays in, we win.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s their bravado. Who tf are you to say different?

Who am I? A fan like most others on here. If my opinions aren't welcome, feel free to let me know so that I'm not wasting my time.

Alit  your high horse. You’re far from the scholarly School Marm you fancy yourself.

Humorous, though seems a bit personal. If my statements are somehow in violation of the TOS, please feel free to let me know and I'll gladly abide. Maybe the TOS have changed lately? Seems like that could be the case based on a few things I've seen--or maybe there's just some selective application.  Any of those are fine, I just need to know the rules of engagement.

As for how I fancy myself?  Just a football fan. If others take my tone personally, they're more than welcome to address that with me directly. I've got nothing to hide.

What if it turns out it isn’t misplaced? Will you come back to give a mea culpa?

Rhetorical question. I know you won’t.

A mea culpa for saying that this game isn't a slam dunk? Sure, if the game ends up a laugher, then I will gladly say that the bravado was justified from the get-go and I was wrong. Won't be the first plate of crow that I've eaten.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Say When... said:

wasn't there some comment about him B & M'ing about the training facilities?

I didnt see that. I wasnt a fan of the signing because I personally never saw anything that showed he could be a TE 1 (to be fair I could say the same about Feliciano at guard but obviously i was wrong about that). And he appears to be fragile.....good thing we have a couple other options at TE, including the blocking sensation Lee smith lol

Well, this news obviously stinks (if the injury is severe) but if there's any silver lining it has been the strong overall play of Lee Smith, Knox, and Sweeney.  They played well without Kroft for the first two weeks and I'm guessing they'll be prepared to play the next fourteen.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Well, this news obviously stinks (if the injury is severe) but if there's any silver lining it has been the strong overall play of Lee Smith, Knox, and Sweeney.  They played well without Kroft for the first two weeks and I'm guessing they'll be prepared to play the next fourteen.

Exactly, I've spent the whole week thinking, "But, I don't want Knox and Sweeney to get less time". I hope Kroft is ok, and that he becomes a quality contributor. However, I'm not upset.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Oh for crying out loud. Dude is the new Glass-quise Goodwin. 

What a waste of a roaster spot  , put him on IR already 

One thing for sure our OL will get tested this week