Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

On 9/16/2019 at 10:57 AM, TPS said:

It's also a trap game with the Pats looming on the horizon.  However, MCd is good at keeping them focused, and the Offense is getting better each week.  

MOST of the Bills current roster are young.

They do not carry around all of the baggage filled with the woes of Bills teams of yesteryear.  They probably don't fall asleep thinking "lions and tigers and PATRIOTS - oh my".

They are well aware the the Pats are a formidable foe. But I don't think McDermott will let them think, for one minute, that the Pats are unbeatable.

I just watched the Miami game - with only a little over two minutes left in the 3rd quarter the score was 16-0.  Where have I seen that score recently?

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

On the rushing yards item- have they already played the best two backs they will face this season? 

On 9/15/2019 at 10:07 PM, DuckyBoys said:

Bengals make me nervous  Buffalo seems to bring out the best in Andy Dalton and AJ Green always seems to shred us.  On the flipside their defense looks like trash

AJ will not play 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I've learned to appreciate Kyle on GMFB...but before I knew him or that show, he was the guy who was absolutely BRUTAL when he got a chance to call the Bills/Bears preseason game a year ago.  OMG, I think I even started a thread on it because he was so terrible.  Now I understand that he's just got the same kid-like enthusiasm for his team (the Bears) that we all do.

His angry runs segment today was great. Had me lol’ing. He’s a maniac. I honestly really enjoy that show. They keep it straight football with fun segments and don’t take cheap shots or low hanging fruit. 

Bills defense creates havoc in this statistical category plus 5 other noteworthy numbers from Week 2

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/highlight-ed-oliver-swat-leads-to-trent-murphy-int

The key for Buffalo’s defense has been their ability to get the opposing offense to third-and-long. On more than half of the third downs faced by the Bills defense (16), they’ve put their opponent in 3rd-and-7-or-more.

“We know we have to get out early on them and force them to be one-dimensional and throw the football,” said Micah Hyde.

Not surprisingly, Buffalo has gotten stops on 14 of those 16 third down plays with four sacks and an interception in those situations.

Perhaps even more impressive is the unit’s effectiveness on third down when defending in their half of the field. From midfield in this season, Buffalo’s third down defense has allowed just two conversions.

An eight-yard completion from Sam Darnold to Jamison Crowder and a nine-yard touchdown pass from Darnold to Le’Veon Bell.

The other six attempts resulted in three sacks, two incompletions and a reception that went for no gain.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I’m actually a little anxious about this game because of how confident I am.

Still can’t look past any opponent 

..agree...this early on?.....or even in week 12?......McDermott discipline needs to make sure "trap game" is NOT in the vocabulary.....and we need to play 60 minutes of killer instinct football......admittedly, the "flat tire in the 3rd quarter" had me thinking, "here were go with Jauron ball"......

14 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Nothin I love more than some batted balls

As long as they're not batted too hard

24 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That's a pretty generous legend lineup if we're being completely honest

*"TBD" Legends...

FIFT

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

AJ will not play 

John Ross II is no joke. They'll be doubling him all game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I disagree.  We're trying to win.  Throw it to the best guys. Zay has had 2 years to "develop".  He can "develop" in practice and with the jugs machine and by catching the ones he gets thrown to him.

I realize Duke is slow, but he is also BIG for a WR.  He shows great catch ability and radius, He also is a monster blocker, and used to playing in space from his CFL days.  Is Zay still a better option than Duke?

On 9/15/2019 at 9:32 PM, dubs said:

Opening at 6 point favorites for the home opener!!  Gonna be a wild scene. Already excited. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/nfl/2019/09/15/week-3-nfl-game-spreads-betting-lines-odds

Its going to be loud and absolutely insane!

5 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

I realize Duke is slow, but he is also BIG for a WR.  He shows great catch ability and radius, He also is a monster blocker, and used to playing in space from his CFL days.  Is Zay still a better option than Duke?

Zay doesn’t get separation- bring Duke up! However what happens when Andre Roberts is healthy? Foster healthy scratch? 

11 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Since Duke has never played in a real NFL game I can't say.  But based on his play in PS and Canada, I would think it's a real possibility Duke would be a better option.