Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No chance the Bengals beat the Bills in Buffalo.

Zero point zero.

The last time WEO made a declarative jinx was against the Cowboys when we had that huge lead and Romo threw like 5 interceptions and said the game was over that the Bills for sure had it locked up.    ?

Edited by Magox
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I watched the Seahawks game last week and left very impressed with Dalton and his passing ability within the scheme that Zac Taylor has implemented. It didn’t look as good this past week, but that San Francisco defensive unit is very underrated. Just like we couldn’t overlook the Jets or the Giants, the Bengals should not be overlooked either.

I’m generally in the “Cincinnati might give us more trouble than you’d think camp,” but I’m not sure what to read into Dalton playing well against the Seahawks defense. This is the same Seahawks defense that let the Steelers hang around behind the quarterbacking talents of Mason Rudolph and the running of someone named Benny Snell. 

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills just beat them in 2016

I don't remember that game at all. I know we beat them in 2010 which was the Stevie Johnson "Why so serious" game. We lost to them in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017. I just looked it up on wikipedia and now I do remember it lol. But one time in the last 5. They play us tough

classic trap game

Cincy has a veteran QB, plenty of weapons on offense to keep this uncomfortably close.

Buffalo must focus on taking care of business this week.

The vaunted Buffalo Defense needs to start forcing turnovers and give JA some short field opportunities.

• Like (+1) 2

You've got to respect Dalton's ability as a passer, but their running game isn't helping them at all.  If Buffalo can make them one dimensional, they should be able to contain Dalton's passing.  Meanwhile, I see Buffalo's offense continuing to improve.  Singletary may be the biggest question.  If he can't go, I don't see Buffalo going into that game with only Gore and Yelden.

Buffalo Bills vs. Cincinnati Bengals: 7 things to know about Buffalo’s Week 3 opponent

Bills defense has chance to get after Dalton
Andy Dalton has already taken quite a few sacks in just two games. The Bengals veteran was sacked four times by the 49ers in Week 2 and five times by the Seahawks in Week 1. Based on Cincinnati’s injuries on their offensive line, it’s possible that the Bills have a multi-sack game in their home debut.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

44 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

3rd down is the biggest thing I've noticed with this offense.  If it's 3rd and 10-12....I for the first time since 8 games with Bledsoe feel we are picking it up.

Anything more than 3rd and anything more than 7 with previous QB's....I pretty much expected us to punt.

kind of a Lamp, but I was saying this by week 11 last year. His otherworldly passing skills mean no down and distance is too far. 3rd & 12 is equivalent to 3rd & 2 with Allen. On Any given play, there’s a chance for a 50 yard play. It’s wildly refreshing considering the multitude of seasons with Trent, JP, EJ, etc where a 3rd & 7 spelled punt. 

With the early returns on his highly evident passing improvement, the sky can truly be the limit. 

I don’t know that we’re ready to dethrone NE* just yet, but I don’t see glaring weaknesses. This group just needs to come together as a team and I think they are. 

We’ll win Sunday any way the game flow shakes out.

• Thank you (+1) 1