Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

16 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

This game actually worries me.

Cinci is really talented and I think we have a hard time in this one

It's also a trap game with the Pats looming on the horizon.  However, MCd is good at keeping them focused, and the Offense is getting better each week.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No they're not. You're concerned by choice.

To be fair, so am I.

I am heartily encouraged by what I have seen so far, and the Bills should take care if business at home without too much issue. However, they are still young, and still going through growing pains so I don't think that the team, or the fans, should take anyone lightly. (Thankfully McDermott seems to be doing just that). I love the young talent we have picked up in the past few drafts and our O-line, but it's going to take time before they fully gel this season. (Hopefully down the stretch in time for December and January)

I like the way we match up, but I have been overconfident before. Let's get that win and and go for 3-0!

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

To be fair, so am I.

I am heartily encouraged by what I have seen so far, and the Bills should take care if business at home without too much issue. However, they are still young, and still going through growing pains so I don't think that the team, or the fans, should take anyone lightly. (Thankfully McDermott seems to be doing just that). I love the young talent we have picked up in the past few drafts and our O-line, but it's going to take time before they fully gel this season. (Hopefully down the stretch in time for December and January)

I like the way we match up, but I have been overconfident before. Let's get that win and and go for 3-0!

See the post above yours.

Their defense is an atrocity

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

To be fair, so am I.

Any team can lose on any weekend. That’s life in the NFL. I’ll always be a little nervous about each game, maybe until the Bills look like the 90s bills or when they play the dolphins. 

56 minutes ago, TPS said:

It's also a trap game

You're new around here, aren't you...

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

Bills have to clean up the stupid penalties. It's gonna be the difference between winning and losing against the good teams.

That, and the point differential.

Edited by eball

13 hours ago, Augie said:

I saw a clown on TV today talking about how Buffalo struggles with Cincinnati. Really? Wings and beef on weck trump that crappy chili!  (I went to school in Cincy, I know!) The coaches, QB’s and half of the entire team changes every single year! How could a loss a few years ago in the rain on the road have anything to do with our game next week???  

PS - We won the tailgate that year, largely thanks to @Seasons1992 

Go Bills! 

Wendy's Chili is better than Skyline chili.  It's such a disappointment.  Weak flavor,  etc.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

See the post above yours.

Their defense is an atrocity

And again I'll say that I like the matchup and think that we should take care of business.

My only caveat is that because so many of our most talented players are young, and that we are still forging our identity, that we can't take any team for granted. Even one we should gouge.

I am incredibly optimistic about this team, and I think that this might be the closest we've been to legitimately challenging the Pats for the division in close to two decades, but I am strapped in for some bumps and bruises along the way.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

And again I'll say that I like the matchup and think that we should take care of business.

My only caveat is that because so many of our most talented players are young, and that we are still forging our identity, that we can't take any team for granted. Even one we should gouge.

I am incredibly optimistic about this team, and I think that this might be the closest we've been to legitimately challenging the Pats for the division in close to two decades, but I am strapped in for some bumps and bruises along the way.

Roger that!

28 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I don’t believe he is close yet. Was still in a walking boot a few days ago. 

he's out of the boot and running on a treadmill now.  I think I saw 1-3 weeks out, but not back for this game.  

Ross III is good.  The offense is decently balanced (on paper), but whatever San Fran did to them we need to replicate.  Hopefully the DL can force Dalton into some bad throws.  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

he's out of the boot and running on a treadmill now.  I think I saw 1-3 weeks out, but not back for this game.  

Ross III is good.  The offense is decently balanced (on paper), but whatever San Fran did to them we need to replicate.  Hopefully the DL can force Dalton into some bad throws.  

Yeah, I am super impressed with how Ross has stepped it up so far this year. They have two legit WR options even without Green in Boyd and Ross. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, DJB said:

They are better than their record. Great d line , have better WR than the Giants even with Green out. 

Not goingto be an easy game

this.  They have a lot more offensive talent than the Giants.  We can't sell-out to stop the run.  The Giants had a TE as their WR#1 last week, generally a recipe for disaster.  The bengals have 2 legit WR's, one TE, and a good RB.   We can stop them.  I think the key is pressure on Dalton.  We get up by 14 or so I'll feel better, but we did that last week and let the Giants back in it.  Need to play all 60 min this week.  

13 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Bengals make me nervous  Buffalo seems to bring out the best in Andy Dalton and AJ Green always seems to shred us.  On the flipside their defense looks like trash

I don't fear their defense. total defense (giving up 62 points-2 games) 25th  pass 16th  rush  30th 

bills total defense 6th pass 5th rush 10th

total offense 9th 11th pass 18th 2nd  rush 9th 32nd

not a game I would guarantee but one I am not worried about and one they should win. better defense and the home field advantage.

when we get to the games against the pats**, dallas, baltimore, philly or even the titans. those will be the games I would be a little more nervous about, the contenders of the league.

I'm just hoping to see the bills play well and win some of those games against the contenders. these two past wins are great for the w/l column but neither team was going to contend for the playoffs this season.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Roger that!

Of course, the flip side to the youthful inexperience is that I can easily pull out the names of half a dozen impact starters or key contributors in years 1-3 on their contracts (Allen, Singletary, Dawkins, Oliver, Milano, Edmunds, White, Wallace, Neal) and the fact that we still have $25 million in cap space also speaks very well for the potential longevity of the team as a contender as well!

Dang, optimism is fun.