A Few Thoughts about the Giants game, in no particular order

Virgil

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

You can't be a champion until you make the playoffs.  You can't make the playoffs without winning at least 10 games (most years).  The Bills are playing to get Ws, not stats or publicity.

I noticed my own reaction today, that I'm now watching games sort of expecting the Bills to win, unless they're playing one of the few really elite teams, and even then I expect it to be competitive.  It hasn't been this say in a long, long time.  Maybe we'll all get that one SB win before we die.

Yeah, I really like this team. There’s a long ways to go until the playoffs. That’s my biggest concern at this point. I just wish I didn’t see every time we get a lead, then McD gets conservative. Those decisions lose against elite teams, as well as most playoff games. I’m just thinking we aren’t going to beat teams like the Pats by playing anything conservatively, so I just hope that part of McD can change a bit in the future. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I find it interesting that you say Brown and Beasley should be utilized more. Both of them have been big keys to the offense both weeks. Brown has had 7 receptions in both games. That's a lot. Beasley has 9 total through two games. Those two players have accounted for 54% of Josh Allen's completions. I think that's pretty good.

You aren't wrong.  They sneak up with their catches.  I can't explain it any more than to say it just "feels" like they aren't consistently option A and B on most plays

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I have been one of the biggest Zay supporters but the guy just can’t make plays. He’s had plenty of opportunities now and he still can’t make a play on a consistent basis. 

I think you might be a little hard on McDermott though. I think he can be aggressive, we just haven’t seen it much. 

I get the vibe watching games and listening to him he really values confidence and execution. If he can’t trust the team to execute he is extremely conservative. When they have momentum and things are flowing he doesn’t seem to mind taking his shots. I think a lot of the conservative stuff is protecting Allen, or trying to. If this is a team who plans on battling for a playoff spot I would be concerned as well with the conservative calls today if the trend continues when things get crazier 

Zay had a real nice, tough catch over the middle today and a huge catch last week during the comeback...

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 1

these are good. you lost me with the feel sorry for thee enemy talk and they should have took our guys. lol

the reason they kneeled down was they just avoided a major catastrophe in punt coverage and luckly got out without even a field goal. you got the lead and your getting the ball back after halftime so im perfectly fine with conservative.gutless maybe, but smart.

Edited by Buffarukus

2 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Zay had a real nice, tough catch over the middle today and a huge catch last week during the comeback...

This is a fact. I think people are getting caught up on Zay being a dominant WR. He’s just not. He’s a solid WR that can make some plays and be counted on for some things. He has turned out some really nice 3rd downs this year so far. Yes he has missed some too. It’s going to happen. Even Julio Jones drops passes from time to time. To expect perfection from Zay Jones is just comical. But he’s been alright so far. He’s not going to be our featured WR ever I don’t think. I’m fine with that. But he can and had contributed. 

4 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I loved the effort from Dawson Knox blocking downfield on the Singletary RD run....

Knox and Sweeney are going to be good to great TE's for this team for the long term.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I'll be honest, until we show up in a game where we are favored to lose by more than 3 points, I won't be comfortable.  BBFS for life!

The best test is going to be in two weeks.  Can they handle the Patriots.  Then they will know they belong to the elite!

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It probably didnt matter but the only other possible tackler, Knox pushed his guy into that guy, too, effectively blocking two of them. That was a fantastic effort, technique and block, especially for essentially a pass catching rookie TE.

Physically speaking he may look like a pass catching TE but Ole Miss pretty much used him as a blocker

And I knew he'd be damn good at it

Edited by Buffalo716

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

6. ST's - I can't wait for Crossman to be let go.  The coverage units are still terrible.  Kicking game is solid so far.

You do not need to wait but if you want you can still use him as your whipping boy.

Bills fire special teams coordinator Danny Crossman - this is from January.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/03/buffalo-bills-fire-special-teams-coordinator-danny-crossman-stephen-hauschka-colton-schmidt/

• Haha (+1) 1

You know, with regards to your receivers remark, I think they just have a group of guys that can all be counted on for different things, and they are all getting chances to make plays. Guys are out there throwing blocks too. Lee Smith and Dawson Knox were both mailers and made catches to move the chains. Brown and Beasley are clearly the top receivers, but Zay is a well rounded 3 who can block as well. Foster I hope will emerge again but he has proven he can play too. We just have a bunch of guys that can play football and they are doing it. It is great to see! We don't need Antonio Brown type guys to win games. We need guys that buy in and do their job; Josh Allen can handle the rest.

6 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I loved the effort from Dawson Knox blocking downfield on the Singletary RD run....

I thought that was Singletary too, but it was McKenzie on a fake and misdirection.

Singletary did get his first NFL rushing TD so kudos, but unfortunately it was obvious that he injured his hammy when untouched his leg gave out and he hopped out of bounds clutching the back of it. Hope he gets well soon as we are a bit thin right now...expect the Bills to make some roster moves if he is going to be out a few weeks.

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

So you're saying there's a chance?

Then what's the point of him being on the practice squad?  Or is that where we get the extra roster spot?

Cmon dude. You’re here all the time. This was covered AD NAUSEAM. How on earth....

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Cmon dude. You’re here all the time. This was covered AD NAUSEAM. How on earth....

I’m not obsessed with the guy like many here so I can’t say I opened many of the threads about him ??‍♂️

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Minnesota last year was the game i knew he was the guy.

I went out & bought his jersey a day or 2 after that game because I was going to the next Bills home game (2 weeks later) & wanted to wear it to the game.  That game vs Tennessee,  was the only Bills game I went to in Orchard Park last year.  Allen had a game ending winning drive that game.  I went to both games in NJ this season.  The Bills are 3-0 when I'm at the game wearing the Josh Allen jersey.  

9 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I expect the haters to move the bar to 65% shortly.

Then 70, then 75 etc.  They wouldn't be happy with a 99% completion percentage.

10 hours ago, driddles said:

re #8.  I was swearing a blue streak about it being taunting but they weren't even mentioning taunting in the review on TV.  The defender got up stood over Allen and looked straight down at him.  I'm sure he was just worried about Josh's health.

I was in the stands & I said to Petrino "He's giving Josh the business." 

• Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It probably didnt matter but the only other possible tackler, Knox pushed his guy into that guy, too, effectively blocking two of them. That was a fantastic effort, technique and block, especially for essentially a pass catching rookie TE.

His entire college career was blocking, he also happens to be fast and has potential to be a pass catcher, hence he was a lower pick.  He's really good at blocking and missed a perfect throw, so which is he really?

9 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Amid 3 drops. I’ve lost all faith in him and I was supportive of him through his 1st year & a half.

I just wish other teams read @Alphadawg7‘s epic thread and made an offer. I’d take a 5th right now, maybe a 6th. 

He’s a 2nd Rounder we missed on. If the ball isn’t perfectly placed in his chest, it ain’t getting caught. Even then, he’s shaky.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Amid 3 drops. I’ve lost all faith in him and I was supportive of him through his 1st year & a half.

I just wish other teams read @Alphadawg7‘s epic thread and made an offer. I’d take a 5th right now, maybe a 6th. 

He’s a 2nd Rounder we missed on. If the ball isn’t perfectly placed in his chest, it ain’t getting caught. Even then, he’s shaky.

This is where I am.  None of this makes sense.  He was a good receiver in college and somehow forgot how to catch when he entered the NFL.

I will say that I've noticed him catching with his hands better this season.

But the drops are too much.  I would be fine if the Bills chose to move on.

• Like (+1) 2