Cody Ford personal foul defending Allen

YoloinOhio

i dont want to live in a world where someone is hovering talking ***** to the qb and noone gets in his face. brings horrable memories of the gronk play.

im sure this has brought up but what was allen thinking just dropping the ball immediatly. i know the whistle blew but it was almost simultanious. wheew that was close to a game losing mistake.

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Maybe you can save us all some time here and instead of allowing others to share their prospective, just tell us what to think. After all you are right and the rest of us are, of course, whiny. 

Well the problem is nobody agrees with you?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Well the problem is nobody agrees with you?

I have no problem standing alone I my opinion. The problem I have is with you trying to make my opinion on a single play into something that I don’t believe, especially when it’s as obtuse as your statement. 

• Haha (+1) 1

If you think that the Patriots linemen wouldn't go apesh!t in defense of Brady, you're kidding yourself.  Even Belechick would have been walking onto the field.  Several here described it exactly how I saw it.  Those dopes on the broadcast (along with the retired official dope) totally got that wrong.

The refs were blowing all sorts of calls (both sides) in this game.  For example, on Singletary's TD, there was an obvious facemask penalty right in front of the ref.  It turned out to be moot, but nobody said boo despite it being close up with the end zone camera.

11 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Maybe you can save us all some time here and instead of allowing others to share their prospective, just tell us what to think. After all you are right and the rest of us are, of course, whiny. 

Your prospective what?  

• Haha (+1) 1

Check out Josh's response to Cody Ford getting the penalty (last question in the post game interview) - basically he says that the coach won't like the penalty but as a quarterback he appreciates when linemen stick up for him and "I will take care of him".   That's my quarterback.

• Like (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I can understand this. Like I said, it was still unnecessary. If this is a one time thing, so be it. If it continues, it will get old quick. 

You have it backwards.  Your QB taking those hits becomes a continuous thing without these types of plays and attitude.  

Edited by Crayola64
  • Like (+1) 3

Honestly when I saw the flag I thought "oh good, were getting the drive extended". 

Then I saw the hand pointed to the Bill's side and went "oh, were going to get offsetting penalties"

I have no idea how dragging Allen for a few seconds after he released, grabbing his pads and shoving him to the ground isn't a penalty if lightly shoving someone after the play is. Especially when...I think it was Dawkins got shoved after the play in the second half.

• Like (+1) 2

Based on the calls I saw all over the league that was a penalty that should have been called on the hit on Allen. I am good with Ford also since if officials will not do job someone needs to step up. Lastly the defender clearly flopped and the officials probably should not have called anything but whatever- we won.

• Like (+1) 1

I love Cody!   Absolutely love his fire.  We will get to watch him do great stuff like this for many years hopefully.  Far too often o-line guys are soft.  Cody don’t play around.  Reminds me of...we’ll me.  I’m a bit of a hot-head myself (bipolar).  Allen is surely very pleased to have a very large bodyguard for the few years.

Hopefully Cody gets a little better at tackle.  I’m sure he can have a long successful career at guard.  Either way I personally hope he’s a Buffalo Bill.

(Full disclosure I’m a Sooners fan too)

Edited by Distorted One
  • Like (+1) 1