Cody Ford personal foul defending Allen

YoloinOhio

Linemen have to be enforcers for their QB. Like in hockey, you have to make a guy pay for messing with your skill players. Barkley is a nice backup but Allen is our golden goose. The big uglies have to send a message that Allen is untouchable without some consequence. Have to try to protect your QB from the Kikos and Henry Andersons of the league. Love the comradery!

Edited by Bufflow4
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

These are two entirely different situations. To try and group them together is lazy.

I can understand this. Like I said, it was still unnecessary. If this is a one time thing, so be it. If it continues, it will get old quick. 

It was an awful few series for the offense and in hindsight doesn’t matter all that much. But the mid way point of that game wasn’t exactly the best time to be throwing around 15 yard penalties

I prefer an offensive line than can play football well

Your posts say different.....you want soft butter choir boys in front of our QB

I dont

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

People here went berserk when gronk clubbed Tre white and no one retaliated. I said at the time that I want toughness but not penalties and I stand by that. But protecting the QB is something else altogether and his instinct took over. 

Again, two entirely different situations. Making this comparison is a stretch at best. How can you draw any comparison to the actual play/hit aside from it being excessive and late? The Gronk his was on another level. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big C said:

It looked like a clear penalty but I like Ford stepping up. Maybe a little more disciplined response next time but his heart is in the right place. Now if his play would rise to his heart, that would be even better!

I actually didn't have an issue with the discipline aspect of it. We were in control of the game and the only real threat was the Giants getting frustrated and cheap. The fifteen yard penalty was almost irrelevant. I cheered, feeling Ford read the situation and responded like a true veteran. 

• Like (+1) 1

Last week Feliciano, this week Ford. I’d rather we avoided the penalties, but messages need to be sent. Do not mess with our team.

In a couple of weeks time, I’m sure that will be tested again, and I’ll take the penalties again, because it needs to be done. The Cheats aren’t to be allowed to bully this team, both now, and in the future. Rest assured, Belichick will get the message.

Other teams will have already taken note, and will probably be much less inclined to ‘try it on’.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Again, two entirely different situations. Making this comparison is a stretch at best. How can you draw any comparison to the actual play/hit aside from it being excessive and late? The Gronk his was on another level. 

They are different.  A cheap shot on a QB is WORSE.  If you let people cheap shot your QB, then it will happen all game and every game.  Also, it draws the Ref's attention.  Yeah, he missed the initial call and called unnecessary roughness on Ford, but you can bet that McD explained to the Ref why it happened and they'll be quicker to throw roughing the passer if the D tries anything like that again.  

Also, the Gronk play was an extraordinary cheap shot and someone should have gotten in Gronk's face.  

Just now, Buddo said:

Last week Feliciano, this week Ford. I’d rather we avoided the penalties, but messages need to be sent. Do not mess with our team.

In a couple of weeks time, I’m sure that will be tested again, and I’ll take the penalties again, because it needs to be done. The Cheats aren’t to be allowed to bully this team, both now, and in the future. Rest assured, Belichick will get the message.

Other teams will have already taken note, and will probably be much less inclined to ‘try it on’.

Bingo.  You stop the other teams from doing this nonsense and it won't happen later on in the season.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Your posts say different.....you want soft butter choir boys in front of our QB

I dont

Ohh boyyy. 

I love this board and coming here to talk football. It can, however, be extremely tiring when posters such as yourself refuse to see another perspective and will instead attack it with unsubstantiated bull####. 

In true 21st century debate form, you’ve latched onto a single statement I made about a specific play, and made a generalized assumption and unfair inference about an entire positional group that is at best, hyperbole. 

There was zero practical need for Ford to make that play. Argue “toughness” or “brotherhood” all you want. But the reason our OL is much better this year than last is not because of their willingness to take 15 unnecessary roughness penalties defending their QB

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Saw the same as you and I understand it's a bad penalty but I was happy with what he did as opposed to the "let's all stand around gronk" incident. 

I wish Ford was around for that incident. Maybe Ford would have wiped that s...eating grin off Gronkowski's face.

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Ohh boyyy. 

I love this board and coming here to talk football. It can, however, be extremely tiring when posters such as yourself refuse to see another perspective and will instead attack it with unsubstantiated bull####. 

In true 21st century debate form, you’ve latched onto a single statement I made about a specific play, and made a generalized assumption and unfair inference about an entire positional group that is at best, hyperbole. 

There was zero practical need for Ford to make that play. Argue “toughness” or “brotherhood” all you want. But the reason our OL is much better this year than last is not because of their willingness to take 15 unnecessary roughness penalties defending their QB

Waaaaaaa our OL took a penalty sticking up for his qb

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Am I getting better at this for you?

Its football.....the giants were looking to fight all day and getting their ass beat.....if our QB takes too many unecessary hits he goes down and we lose him....along with our season......

Cody Ford.....who is not even entranched as a starter yet at RT let the opposing D know we are protecting our QB....you know who else does this?   OL for the PATRIOTS......their players let opposing teams know...you take shots at our QB....expect to take a shot.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Waaaaaaa our OL took a penalty sticking up for his qb

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Am I getting better at this for you?

Its football.....the giants were looking to fight all day and getting their ass beat.....if our QB takes too many unecessary hits he goes down and we lose him....along with our season......

Cody Ford.....who is not even entranched as a starter yet at RT let the opposing D know we are protecting our QB....you know who else does this?   OL for the PATRIOTS......their players let opposing teams know...you take shots at our QB....expect to take a shot.

So the patriots are great because their OL defends Brady and takes 15 yard penalties? 

How is am I doing with this whole over generalized inference? 

Btw, do I sound whiny simply because I’m defending my right to an option, or is that again your inability to recognize and accept anything different? 

• Haha (+1) 1

So the patriots are great because their OL defends Brady and takes 15 yard penalties? 

How is am I doing with this whole over generalized inference? 

It certainly does not hurt and know you sound whiny because.....your whiny

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It certainly does not hurt and know you sound whiny because.....your whiny

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Maybe you can save us all some time here and instead of allowing others to share their prospective, just tell us what to think. After all you are right and the rest of us are, of course, whiny.