Cody Ford personal foul defending Allen

YoloinOhio

57 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

While the Oline is doing pretty well in the run, I think they've got a ways to go in protecting Allen on pass plays, especially on the edges.  They want to protect their QB, let's start there.

The O-line (and Daboll in his play calling) definitely needs to work on their blitz communication.   Per today's Snooze:

"The Giants blitzed on 16 of 37 drop-backs (counting two penalty plays), or 42 percent. The Jets blitzed 30 percent in Week 1. Allen was 7 of 12 for 78 yards with two sacks against the blitz."

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, but...in the ethos where "Allen is untouchable", it would help if Allen would be perhaps a little smarter about how he runs.

Allen showed Lorenzo Carter up with a massive stiff-arm on a 1st and 10 scramble back in the 1st quarter.   Massive stiff arm.  Knocked him over.   It got Allen maybe an extra yard.

So yeah, if you're an "untouchable QB" who goes around jumping over LB and flattening them with stiff-arms, those same LBs are gonna be primed to try to get their own back when they can.

So Carter saw a chance to take a shot at Allen later on in the half, and he seized it and yeah, I see some extra stuff there - grabs the back of Allen's jersey, clubs him in the head with his arm.  I was happy to see one of the OLmen take him up on it. 

But Allen mentioned in his post-game presser about still needing to work on taking care of the football, and IMHO this was an instance of that.  Carter had a bead on Allen for a sack, and Allen stiff-armed him again, held him off, and threw the ball away.  Frankly, Allen is lucky that wasn't another strip sack and with a better defender, maybe it would have been.

That stiff-arm thing to hold off defenders when he's in the pocket is something Allen needs to "get over" and just possibly he needs to quit it and slide more when he's running, too.

Disagree. Allen can hit whoever he wants, but our team rule is no one gets to hit Allen. Pretty simple.

Again, No one messes with Frack Gang. We do the messin.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

The O-line (and Daboll in his play calling) definitely needs to work on their blitz communication.   Per today's Snooze:

"The Giants blitzed on 16 of 37 drop-backs (counting two penalty plays), or 42 percent. The Jets blitzed 30 percent in Week 1. Allen was 7 of 12 for 78 yards with two sacks against the blitz."

I don't think it's just blitzes.  They were getting pressure on Josh with just 4.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Disagree. Allen can hit whoever he wants, but our team rule is no one gets to hit Allen. Pretty simple.

Again, No one messes with Frack Gang. We do the messin.

Yeahhhhh and where did the other D sign on to those rules?

Im happy Ford stood up for Allen, but that’s retrospective.  It won’t help Allen (or us) if someone gets torqued and takes his knee out or head off.

Im not saying Allen should play scared, I’m saying he should play smarter.  Don’t do it for a yard.

21 hours ago, blacklabel said:

I thought the flag was weak. Defender drags Allen down by the collar, clubbing him in the head in the process then flops when Ford gives him a little shove. Refs this game sucked. 

Indeed!

At least ALSO give a penalty to the Jets. I admit live I didn't think it warranted a penalty, but the replay shows it's clearly two steps after the release of the ball and horse collar too. WTH.

So any decent ref that didn't call it out of hesitation should make it so after this little brawl to offset. 

17 hours ago, wppete said:

These 2 guys are monsters!

I really laughed when it happened but only saw Ford doing it. Even better to see these two at it ha ha

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeahhhhh and where did the other D sign on to those rules?

Im happy Ford stood up for Allen, but that’s retrospective.  It won’t help Allen (or us) if someone gets torqued and takes his knee out or head off.

Im not saying Allen should play scared, I’m saying he should play smarter.  Don’t do it for a yard.

Oh, I dont expect the opposing team to sign off on them. Those are OUR rules. As someone said upthread, football is about imposing your will on the guy across the line from you. And for the first time in a while, it looks like we have a team that is willing to do so, both during regular play and during the "extracurricular" activities.