Cody Ford personal foul defending Allen

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Weak flag....stupid reaction.  That penalty hurt the team.  Want to show you have your Qbs back?  Don't whiff on your blocks...which you did...several times.

How exactly did it hurt the team? It was 4th down regardless.

• Like (+1) 1

If the refs would have thrown a flag against the BS late hit or roughing I doubt Ford does anything. 

I'm 100% all for this if the Refs aren't doing their job. I fully expect our O-line to protect and stick up for our QB. 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

15 yard penalty...that's how.  It's a stupid action.  That type of play can cost a team a game.  It was stupid, and it's never ok.

You are overreacting to the play. It didn't hurt the team. The Bills were not in a situation where the game was in doubt. There was no chance a 15 yard penalty, in that situation, could have cost them the game. AND we would have gotten an intentional grounding penalty if he didn't do it.

So yeah, circumstances do exist where getting a penalty like that could be costly, but this was not one of those circumstances. It was harmless.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

You are overreacting to the play. It didn't hurt the team. The Bills were not in a situation where the game was in doubt. There was no chance a 15 yard penalty, in that situation, could have cost them the game. AND we would have gotten an intentional grounding penalty if he didn't do it.

So yeah, circumstances do exist where getting a penalty like that could be costly, but this was not one of those circumstances. It was harmless.

Im not overreacting to anything.  It's NEVER acceptable to have a stupid flagrant penalty...NEVER.  There is ZERO positives from that type of behavior.

Sure that was a penalty but I’m my eyes that was a standup move by Ford. He is all in on this team you can tell by the way he talks about this team and his passion. He’s not going to let anyone mess with his QB and he is one of Allen’s enforcers. ? 

Speaking of the UFC, I can see Cody Ford as a UFC heavyweight smashing people!!!!  That NYG DE was lucky Ford didn't destroy him. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

It was as called: unnecessary. Feliciano was there, and the play was over. You can argue sticking up for your QB until your blue in the face and I’m all for that, but the rookie needs to be smarter about it. There are other ways to protect your guy and show your force than after the play right in front of the ref 

Worst take ever. 

Love it all you want. It will get old quick if it continues 

I disagree... I'd rather take the call when a player sees his QB illegally tackled. Are you ignorant of the illegality of how Josh was taken to the ground, and the potential for injury when a player is tackled in such a way? The refs had their heads up their asses on that play.

I loved what he did pushing that idiot off Josh. I cant even believe Ford got a penalty. The Giant player flopped over like a Euro soccer player in the box and conned the ref.  There hasn't been enough of that kind of feistiness by the Bills players in the last few years when it comes to standing up for each other and I was glad to see it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Im not overreacting to anything.  It's NEVER acceptable to have a stupid flagrant penalty...NEVER.  There is ZERO positives from that type of behavior.

Refs were not doing their job on the tackle of Josh... Yeah, let's just allow a teammate to get hurt with no retribution. Right...

Ohh boyyy. 

I love this board and coming here to talk football. It can, however, be extremely tiring when posters such as yourself refuse to see another perspective and will instead attack it with unsubstantiated bull####. 

In true 21st century debate form, you’ve latched onto a single statement I made about a specific play, and made a generalized assumption and unfair inference about an entire positional group that is at best, hyperbole. 

There was zero practical need for Ford to make that play. Argue “toughness” or “brotherhood” all you want. But the reason our OL is much better this year than last is not because of their willingness to take 15 unnecessary roughness penalties defending their QB

You don’t know what you are talking about....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Refs were not doing their job on the tackle of Josh... Yeah, let's just allow a teammate to get hurt with no retribution. Right...

LOL, what retribution?  It does nothing but hurt your team!  It COSTS YOU!  It is a STUPID action that draws a 15 yard penalty.  I'm 100% positive McDermott will have a talking to him about that action and Im 100% positive he would never condone such a stupid action.

Just now, TwistofFate said:

LOL, what retribution?  It does nothing but hurt your team!  It COSTS YOU!  It is a STUPID action that draws a 15 yard penalty.  I'm 100% positive McDermott will have a talking to him about that action and Im 100% positive he would never condone such a stupid action.

You don't allow your QB to be tackled illegally. The illegality of which was made due to the dangerousness of the type of tackle. In other words, you get into a fight when your goalie / QB gets hit with a cheap shot. Troll on though.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I have ZERO issue with it besides the fact that he didn't hit the guy harder.

It would have been nice if he got his monies worth, and there had been another flag for the hit on Josh. Brady gets that call 100% of the time. 

• Like (+1) 1