Adam Vinatieri might be retiring

BillsFan4

On 9/16/2019 at 4:21 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

See NY Jets, a team that had some kicking problems, finally settled it, finding a Pro Bowl kicker, then decided that they didn't need to pay him market value and let him leave via free agency. 

This is in sharp contrast to the Buffalo Bills who signed one of the league's best kickers to a 3 year contract 2 years ago and had the foresight to extend him 2 more years rather than risk being the NY Jets.  

Don't be the NY Jets

Yup.   Don't be the Jets.  A good rule in life.

32 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I stil cant believe the Tuck Rule, arguably the most absurd football ruling of all time.

oh sorry, you hadn't dwelt on the Tuck Rule for awhile, right?

best part was the Pats claim that the hit on him was helmet to helmet, nope....

image.png.3791d7cb597af7892feb6e2e2c8c96ee.png

On 9/15/2019 at 6:28 PM, Bferra13 said:

Last active player drafted in the 90s?

Correct.  Brady was 2000, Brees 2001

On 9/15/2019 at 8:13 PM, Chuck Schick said:

He’s a kicker. Most guys on the team have probably never even spoken to him. Very easy to plug in a capable replacement and not miss a beat. 

Most players don’t talk to the kicker.  Vinatieri is probably talked to more than most kickers though.

2 hours ago, Manther said:

Most players don’t talk to the kicker.  Vinatieri is probably talked to more than most kickers though.

On teams with long standing veteran kickers who have won game after game for the team---YES players talk to those guys. I think you are living in the past before Offensive and Defensive players realized how important a great kicker is to the team.

On 9/15/2019 at 7:25 PM, SinceThe70s said:

If it's true that he is retiring due to a bad game that's pretty weak to me. Announcing that this will be his last season would be better IMO.

Different story if there are physical issues.

i can see that but i think he is just bummed about his performance

On 9/15/2019 at 7:13 PM, Chuck Schick said:

He’s a kicker. Most guys on the team have probably never even spoken to him. Very easy to plug in a capable replacement and not miss a beat. 

There are multiple teams in the NFL right now that wish they had a good kicker. The Jets are on their 4th kicker this year.

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I stil cant believe the Tuck Rule, arguably the most absurd football ruling of all time.

Now its a QB diving forward is now considered giving yourself up, the as same sliding and the ball goes back to the point of the dive. So stupid, costing the eagles a win, not that i care about the eagles, its just the point of the matter.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

There are multiple teams in the NFL right now that wish they had a good kicker. The Jets are on their 4th kicker this year.

The jets are morons, you dont let good kickers and punters go unless they're shot or have a better replacement.

If the NFL would just adopt my no kicking policy, nobody would have this problem :D

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The jets are morons, you dont let good kickers and punters go unless they're shot or have a better replacement.

If the NFL would just adopt my no kicking policy, nobody would have this problem :D

I guess we'd have to change the name of the sport. Could we keep calling it football if the foot is taken completely out of the game?

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

yeah there still punting unless you want to get rid of that too ;)

Personally I like the kicking. I like kickoffs, I like there to be the option of field goals (adds more strategy of when to go for it and when to take the points), and punts. I like defense. I like physicality. I guess my preferences are old school.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Personally I like the kicking. I like kickoffs, I like there to be the option of field goals (adds more strategy of when to go for it and when to take the points), and punts. I like defense. I like physicality. I guess my preferences are old school.

I like old school too but could do with out the kicking.

i would make the 20 yd line the 3 point line and the endzone would be where you get 4 points.

for punting i would make 4rth down a live ball for the defense where you can throw a hail Mary, which acts as a punt, and if no one catches the ball or picks it up that's where the other team gets the ball. Obviously the offensive team can catch the ball but cant pick it up off the ground.

this would make the game way more entertaining and would save roster spots and money dedicated to kickers and special teamers.

14 hours ago, The Dean said:

On teams with long standing veteran kickers who have won game after game for the team---YES players talk to those guys. I think you are living in the past before Offensive and Defensive players realized how important a great kicker is to the team.

I am agreeing that the better the kicker the more they are talked too.  You can re read my post if you would like.

Are you just looking to argue?

Discussing is discussing, confrontational comments are trying to argue.  I am not here to argue.  Healthy debate, sure.

30 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Gary Anderson and Morten Anderson were pretty good ones as well....Colts tried out six kickers in addition to.......Gerhard deBeer, da Bills former OT "Beerman".....good luck bud....

KICK, not kickers, then Jan Stenerud would have to be named....

• Like (+1) 1