64.1% = Josh Allen's completion percentage through 3 games

Completion % and accuracy aren't always 100% correlated. He looks as inaccurate as last year, but is in an offense with concepts that work better for his skill set. Still seeing too many passes that are behind or in the best position for the receiver to turn upfield

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You considered me changing 2 numbers in the OP and posting the words "OP updated after today's game." smug??? :huh:

Geez, you must be a blast at parties.

No, the whole “I argued and look how right I am” tone of the op is what’s smug. 

I'm more interested in the improvement.

Allen last year: QB rating of 67.9

This year (includes today's game): 81.1 so far.

No, QB rating isn't perfect. Far from it. But you won't find any QBs we consider to be "elite" these days with ratings under 100. There's still plenty of room for improvement, but the trend is very promising.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I don’t understand. Do you want to be right and Allen be bad or do you want Allen to be good and you be wrong? What’s more important to you?

You’re right, you don’t understand. I didn’t want Allen going into the draft but he’s exceeded my expectations so far and I have no problems admitting he’s been better than I thought he would be. 

37 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Been there for a week and you didn't say a thing about smugness.

But I'll change that just for you.

Clearly you're very sensitive.

don’t let me in your head

14 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Can’t wait until after the game today and Allen’s updated completion % gets a whole new thread from the guy who previously said it was a stat that didn’t mean *****.

Why would I make it a whole new thread when I can just update this one?

To be clear, I do think completion percentage is meaningful. You're an idiot if you don't think it is. It means your WRs and TEs and RBs are catching passes from the QB, which is thus helping to advance the ball... and that's why I also posted YPA. The 2 should be taken largely together.

HOWEVER, the narrative, very simply, has been this:

Completion percentage = QB Accuracy, therefore, Josh Allen is an inaccurate QB. And then some random wildly missed throws are cherry picked to further "prove" that point.

I never agreed with that narrative because I watched all his passes multiple times last year. And (sorry @Bangarang) I did say in the offseason after looking at his passes that I thought his accuracy was fine when compared with his peers and that I thought he'd be above 60% this year.

1 hour ago, unclepete said:

Completion % and accuracy aren't always 100% correlated. He looks as inaccurate as last year, but is in an offense with concepts that work better for his skill set. Still seeing too many passes that are behind or in the best position for the receiver to turn upfield

He does not look as inaccurate as last year lmao!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

He's far more inaccurate on deep throws this year, which is odd.

Good point. He overthrew Zay (I think) and he was wide open near the goal line. There were other long passes that were off target as well, but that one really stung. 

His short passes, timing passes, and touch passes are far better this year. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He's far more inaccurate on deep throws this year, which is odd.

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

Good point. He overthrew Zay (I think) and he was wide open near the goal line. There were other long passes that were off target as well, but that one really stung. 

His short passes, timing passes, and touch passes are far better this year. 

The miss to Zay hurt, but it was a bit of an awkward delivery towards the end of a broken play.

As play on the the deep shot to Foster began, I could just tell there was a deep shot designed to him based on who was on the field with him... I think the Bengals saw those 3 missed deep shots to Foster last week and took note. Hence, 2 guys down in the EZ with him with good coverage.