64.1% = Josh Allen's completion percentage through 3 games

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

No, they'll say that somehow Allen has improved his accuracy and that Daboll must be a QB whisperer, when in actuality Josh never had an accuracy problem. He just had scheme, support, and decision making problems. Well those are mostly fixed this year and suddenly Josh has a good completion percentage.

I do think people will jump on his band wagon, but they will still be convinced that they were correct and that somehow Josh got better.

Arturo-Castro-Thank-You.gif

1 hour ago, Ray Finkel said:

I would like to see him improve on the long ball.  He had Brown open by 4 yards and overthrew him.  Hopefully he starts to put a little more air under it.

Got to give your guy a shot at least. You can see plays he’s using some

touch on his throws which is an improvement cause he didn’t do that a lot last year. But a ball like that is a gimme. You know they’ve practiced it a million times and nailed those throws. He must of just gotten so excited he let it rip. Not many quarterbacks have to take something off on a 50 yard bomb 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh is developing very nicely. I have very few complaints.  I think it also helps that he has Ken Dorsey as his coach - not to mention Barkley supporting him.

As someone who was very skeptical about drafting him, I think that he has taken a huge step from last year and should only get better.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Please don't hold Allen to a higher standard than any other NFL QB. 65% is considered good.  Every QB has some bad throws in any game.

Some of Eli’s throws today make me think he needs a memory care workup. 

2 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Was thinking the same. Where are the detractors?

Just waiting for one bad day to say “I told you so!” 

There will be ups and downs, but I like the trajectory! Early season last year, to late season last year, to this season.....things are pointing in the right direction. GO JOSH! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Whats funny is that 90% of this board hated the Allen pick because he had supposed accuracy issues and so many stated that accuracy can't be fixed. They kept bringing up guys like Kyle Boller as proof that they can't succeed.

Anyway, I'm just happy to see him developing so quickly and he is looking like that franchise QB Bills fans have been dreaming about since Kelly. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Haven’t read the thread but I’m (gasp) with Jeremy White on this. I really don’t care (even a little) what Josh’s completion percentage is. 3rd downs, TD to Turnover (including rushing) and red zone efficiency is all that I care about. I’m happy with the progress of Josh. He looks like a guy and it’s been a generation since we could say that.  He looks like the guy that we’ve been looking for and I couldn’t be happier.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Haven’t read the thread but I’m (gasp) with Jeremy White on this. I really don’t care (even a little) what Josh’s completion percentage is. 3rd downs, TD to Turnover (including rushing) and red zone efficiency is all that I care about. I’m happy with the progress of Josh. He looks like a guy and it’s been a generation since we could say that.  He looks like the guys that we’ve been looking for and I couldn’t be happier.

Out of context, completion percentage is a worthless stat.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Out of context, completion percentage is a worthless stat.

They were talking about it early on the pregame show today and used Cam as the example. He won an MVP at 59% and had the worst year of his career at 68%. It’s a totally worthless stat because so many factors count. Trent Edwards probably could have completed 75% but it would have been awful. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They were talking about it early on the pregame show today and used Cam as the example. He won an MVP at 59% and had the worst year of his career at 68%. It’s a totally worthless stat because so many factors count. Trent Edwards probably could have completed 75% but it would have been awful. 

Yep.

That's why leading up to the 2018 draft, I repeatedly said that you just gotta grind the game video on Josh. The "he's inaccurate" narrative took on a life of its own before most people had really watched the kid.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He doesn't throw screen passes or many bubble screens like most every other QB. If he only did that he would have more than 5% better, which has nothing to do with accuracy.

• Like (+1) 1