Is there a better QB in the league at avoiding pass rushers than Josh?

Kelly the Dog

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's also either one or two as far as running QBs, depending on what you think of Lamar Jackson, who doesn't even run much this year.

Didn’t really have to run last week against the Miami practice squad, but he picked up a few yards today...

28D57DC4-434C-427A-8EA6-51E09F833B6B.jpeg

2 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

That would be great, but Mahomes is King of the young bucks for the foreseeable future. Lamar, Josh and Baker are battling out for #2. 

True. But hopefully Josh can be to Mahomes what Brady was to Peyton early in their careers.

2 minutes ago, transient said:

Didn’t really have to run last week against the Miami practice squad, but he picked up a few yards today...

28D57DC4-434C-427A-8EA6-51E09F833B6B.jpeg

He finally had a good day on the ground I see. Allen put up those numbers 3 or 4 times last year.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't know, but I do know that he's one of maybe 4 QBs in football that could've made the scramble-and-throw to Smoke for that 4th quarter 3rd down conversion.

Unbelievable.

He threw that ball back across his body. This is why I have been saying he doesn't have to remove that throw from his arsenal. He just has to use it at the right time. The only way to learn is to make that throw at the wrong time and I think he got it out of his system. Great plays require great risks.

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He threw that ball back across his body. This is why I have been saying he doesn't have to remove that throw from his arsenal. He just has to use it at the right time. The only way to learn is to make that throw at the wrong time and I think he got it out of his system. Great plays require great risks.

Same

36 minutes ago, vincec said:

He's like a cross between John Elway and Steve Young. Except better.

One thing about Steve Young, I can't recall him ever making a bad running decision. When he ran, it was the right thing to do. Can't say that about many other QBs. Allen is starting to look a lot like that. If/When he can throw as accurately as Young, things will go to another level. But the level he's playing at right now, in his 2nd year, is pretty freaking good, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Dean said:

One thing about Steve Young, I can't recall him ever making a bad running decision. When he ran, it was the right thing to do. Can't say that about many other QBs. Allen is starting to look a lot like that. If/When he can throw as accurately as Young, things will go to another level. But the level he's playing at right now, in his 2nd year, is pretty freaking good, IMO.

Young is one of the most underrated great QBs in league history. He could do everything Montana could except he was a way better scrambler and runner and roll out guy.

• Like (+1) 1