Is there a better QB in the league at avoiding pass rushers than Josh?

Kelly the Dog

It's not an easy question to answer. Brady is great at avoiding sacks but getting the ball out quick and stepping up or sideways. But he cannot get away from rushers quickly right in his face like Allen can. Rodgers and Ben, along with maybe Russell Wilson and Mahomes are all very good at it.

But Allen eludes and breaks tackles and fakes out and outruns and sidesteps potential sacks as good as anyone, already. It happens all the time, even this year (although not nearly as often as last year). And he still holds the ball too long too many times, that is not what I am talking about.

But the sheer number of tackles avoided he has that look like sure sacks is extremely impressive. 

He's also either one or two as far as running QBs, depending on what you think of Lamar Jackson, who doesn't even run much this year.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Right now he is Rodgers  in his prime at escaping. The pass to Knox today was beautiful in the first half and the stutter step on the throw to Brown in the Fourth was an epic fake out. 

The stutter was ridiculous. I think he does it so effortlessly and quickly so often we get spoiled.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The stutter was ridiculous. I think he does it so effortlessly and quickly so often we get spoiled.

Agreed. You get the sense Josh is learning and putting it together. When to run and when to avoid , reestablish the pocket and pass. There is not a down and distance this offense can’t make. When is the last time we felt that way? 92? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

With each passing week and the kids trajectory it feels like pretty soon we will be asking with a straight face is there a better QB in the league?

That would be great, but Mahomes is King of the young bucks for the foreseeable future. Lamar, Josh and Baker are battling out for #2.