Josh Allen with the line of the day; then declares “There is one New York team”

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I went to grad school in Binghamton. Same thing - lots of Long Islanders who think that NYC and LI are all there is to NY. When I'd tell someone I'm from the Buffalo area, they'd say, "Where's that?"

Just before I finished, I was in a bar with a classmate. He asked me what I was doing after graduation. "Gonna head back to The Island and look for a job?"

"No. I'm not from 'The' Island."

"Oh. Too bad."

And where are all these "cool people" now?  Lol

I'm from NJ and people generally know of Niagara Falls but little else in that WNY area.  Probably not the types of people for the most part that would appreciate it anyway 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, horse-feathers!  Some people complain we have no sense of humor, but we haven't had our senses of humor surgically excised!
Context and tone are everything - it's the wink, point and *chitk* noise, then "just kidding" that make it a "zing"

Disagree

My kid goes to school with a lot of kids from NYC and LI and believe me, to hear them talk you'd think the Catskills are the border of civilization.  Syracuse and Albany are wilderness outposts, and Buffalo is the edge of the world or maybe just over it.

It's refreshing to have someone gently put it out there in the media that actually, when you're in Buffalo - you ARE in NY.  Loved it.

I went to school at Potsdam and got my first taste of the Guidos from NYC.  We didn't get along at all.  They're fake as hell.  Folks in WNY are real.  Give me Buffalo-Rochester any day.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

WeIl I  wasn't 100% sold on draft night

But I reevaluate all the time and have no problem admitting when I'm wrong

Coming from someone who IS BULLISH ON QBS....

Allen is a stud muffin

Right there with you.  I wish I could revisit my irrationally angry self from that draft night, and kick myself squarely in the nuts.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I went to school at Potsdam and got my first taste of the Guidos from NYC.  We didn't get along at all.  They're fake as hell.  Folks in WNY are real.  Give me Buffalo-Rochester any day.

My experience has been dramatically different.  The people I have met from the lower Hudson valley have been a lot like the people I grew up with in WNY.  Good people who typically love their family and just talk kinda funny.  In my case, lots of giant fans genuinely seem to pull for the Bills  when it doesn't impact the Gmen, probably because they recognize the long-suffering nature of Bills fandom. Cant say so much about the college years, but in those days guys can be pretty stupid across the board. 

I do have a friend who is a mouthy jets fan though, I hadn't heard from him last week so I sent our group a text asking if anyone had seen the game because I inadvertently deleted the game after recording it during work.  His reply was hysterical and if I understood him through the rant, it can be summarized as "f every living thing".  Thank you Josh Allen! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Great! This means he won’t take a HC job once he makes Allen the next big thing, right?...

You beat me to this point.  Daboll wants a ring from Buffalo.  He stays as long as the team keeps improving and working towards that goal.

He is young and will have plenty of time for a team of his own after the big win.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

You beat me to this point.  Daboll wants a ring from Buffalo.  He stays as long as the team keeps improving and working towards that goal.

He is young and will have plenty of time for a team of his own after the big win.

Unfortunately history doesn’t prove this point. Most guys jump at the chance to get the big seat because it’s realistically impossible to say if the chance will ever come back around. 

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Unfortunately history doesn’t prove this point. Most guys jump at the chance to get the big seat because it’s realistically impossible to say if the chance will ever come back around. 

I know and agree.  It would be an exception and I did say IF they keep improving towards a good shot at a title.

Which brings up a question of who would fill his shoes.  Let's hope a young guy like Dorsey could when that day comes.

• Like (+1) 1