Josh Allen with the line of the day; then declares “There is one New York team”

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I love Josh and how he handles the press, but I don't see the big deal about the Jets and Giants playing across the state line. It's basically a suburb of NYC - actually closer to NYC than New Era is to Buffalo.

We all know it’s a suburb of NYC. Don’t forget that the Jets and Giants both passed on him in the draft when they needed a QB. I don’t think his answer was *all* about the geography. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

WeIl I  wasn't 100% sold on draft night

But I reevaluate all the time and have no problem admitting when I'm wrong

Coming from someone who IS BULLISH ON QBS....

Allen is a stud muffin

I admit I didn't like the pick either and I was wrong, although I also did not see him as much as the other four guys, but he won me over quickly with his personality and his competitiveness and then his play and attitude.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would only tar and feather if he talked before the game. You win, then you can talk. 

First thought that popped into my head.  You don't make comments like these unless you get the W, and I believe Josh gets that.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BidsJr said:

Might check the grammar before calling people idiots.

While you would typically be correct, in this instance "that's a thing here" is the best way for me to respond. Inside comment to DC Tom. Same as when SOME (but not all) say a guy was resigned, when they really mean re-signed.  It's hard to tell which commenters are playing and which are really stupid, though.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

Absolutely. That shows class and respect.

Allen certainly show class. But I'm not sure how telling a reporter Buffalo is not only A NY ream, but the ONLY NY team could possibly be thought of as classless or cocky. Just correcting a misconception.

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Allen certainly show class. But I'm not sure how telling a reporter Buffalo is not only A NY ream, but the ONLY NY team could possibly be thought of as classless or cocky. Just correcting a misconception.

Right. I took the question as coming off  like it would have been special for him to go to one of the “NY” teams and it didn’t happen  ... and he basically called it out  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, The Dean said:

His timing was good.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Reminder: ANY other QB on another team acts like this, we'd tar and feather him.

Oh, horse-feathers!  Some people complain we have no sense of humor, but we haven't had our senses of humor surgically excised!
Context and tone are everything - it's the wink, point and *chitk* noise, then "just kidding" that make it a "zing"

Not saying I don't like Allen's shtick...just saying the rest of you are...well, inconsistent.

Disagree

25 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

*****in' A Bubba!  I'm with Howard Cosell on this one.  He refused to call either the Jest or the Giants "New York".  Once they went to the Meadowlands, he always referred to them as the New Jersey Giants and the New Jersey Jets.  The only NFL team in NY is the Buffalo Bills.

My kid goes to school with a lot of kids from NYC and LI and believe me, to hear them talk you'd think the Catskills are the border of civilization.  Syracuse and Albany are wilderness outposts, and Buffalo is the edge of the world or maybe just over it.

It's refreshing to have someone gently put it out there in the media that actually, when you're in Buffalo - you ARE in NY.  Loved it.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right. I took the question as coming off  like it would have been special for him to go to one of the “NY” teams and it didn’t happen  ... and he basically called it out  

Agreed. But he did it an a clever, but matter of fact, manner. I saw no real cockiness at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

We all know it’s a suburb of NYC. Don’t forget that the Jets and Giants both passed on him in the draft when they needed a QB. I don’t think his answer was *all* about the geography. 

Good point.

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My kid goes to school with a lot of kids from NYC and LI and believe me, to hear them talk you'd think the Catskills are the border of civilization.  Syracuse and Albany are wilderness outposts, and Buffalo is the edge of the world or maybe just over it.

It's refreshing to have someone gently put it out there in the media that actually, when you're in Buffalo - you ARE in NY.  Loved it.

I went to grad school in Binghamton. Same thing - lots of Long Islanders who think that NYC and LI are all there is to NY. When I'd tell someone I'm from the Buffalo area, they'd say, "Where's that?"

Just before I finished, I was in a bar with a classmate. He asked me what I was doing after graduation. "Gonna head back to The Island and look for a job?"

"No. I'm not from 'The' Island."

"Oh. Too bad."

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Especially the "one NY team" quip, which was said with a wink and a little tchick! (like "gotcha!" noise)

I found that more playful than cocky.

• Like (+1) 2