Miami reportedly ready to pull plug on Fitz

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Watching the dolphins/Pats game during commercials of the bills game, and Fitz litterally looked like he was giving 50% effort. I don't blame him one bit, that team is a wreck. If I was him I'd gladly be on the sideline and let Rosen play 

Just like Shady behind our OLine last year, except Fitz had to actually be on the field. 

47 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Fitz should never have been starting in the first place.  He's only taking any team so far.  Dolphins as an organization needs to see Rosen 

play so they can plan for the future one way or another at that position.  That said, they can't measure Rosen by wins.  They have to measure

him by how he handles the meeting rooms, situations during games, etc.  They don't have the horses to get a lot of wins.

If the Dolphins had any pretentions of planning for the future in a way that involves seeing Rosen play, they shouldn’t have traded their starting LT

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Breaking news... the eighth franchise that Ryan Fitzpatrick has played for is considering benching him as the other seven have. 

Stay tuned, this may be a trend 

He actually broke the trend. 

He was suppose to be the backup until the starter got hurt. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If the Dolphins had any pretentions of planning for the future in a way that involves seeing Rosen play, they shouldn’t have traded their starting LT

Damn good point.  But they traded for him which tells me they want to take a flyer.  I guess I don't know what exactly they're trying to do.

1 minute ago, purple haze said:

Damn good point.  But they traded for him which tells me they want to take a flyer.  I guess I don't know what exactly they're trying to do.

You me and much of the rest of the league.  We understand tanking and holding a fire sale for draft picks.  But then why trade for Rosen, and at a point where he was likely gonna be cut and they could pick him up anyway?  And since they did trade for a 1st round QB at a bargain price, why not leave enough pieces around him to see what he’s got?

17 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

He actually broke the trend. 

He was suppose to be the backup until the starter got hurt. 

Oh come now wiz. We all know that’s next. 

Benched

heir apparent starts

gets hurt

fitz starts & does something good

named starter

regresses to the Fitz tragic 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Fitz got jobbed.  Dolphins sold him a bill of goods, then tanked.  I feel bad for Fitz.

Nah, this was the plan all along. They're doing what the Bills did before the 2017 season, but to the fullest extent. 

This is what I told my good Fins fan friend in February:

"Dolphins are a bottom 3 team this year. If they want to be good in 2-3 years, they need to get rid of older, overpaid, underperforming contracts, sign a bridge QB like Ryan Fitzpatrick (called that one easily), re-sign Howard, and suck it up for a year and get a top 3 pick".

They've done everything exactly the way I said they should, so at least they're tanking right... Only thing I didn't see coming was Rosen for a 2nd. I then said that Fitz will be benched by no later that week 6. I did say that they should strongly consider starting Rosen right out of the gate, because if they're going to suck, at least they can get as much film on Rosen as possible to see if he's at all worth building around. Then the preseason happened, and he still sucked. 

The pick 6's today were hardly Fitz' fault, at least not the second one. That one was 100% on the receiver. Back up QB in Miami sounds like a pretty nice job. Great weather, great pay, no getting hurt. I hope Rosen plays against the Bills since I like Fitz and it will be easier to root against Rosen.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

The guys gonna be thrown to the wolves on his second team and doesn't have a chance. 

Of course he has a chance. Did you see what WR’s, TE and O line Josh Allen played with last year? LOL. He needs to step up and put his big boy pants on. No feeling sorry for this guy. Remember: He’s “the most NFL ready”.