McBeane and the Process

vorpma

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Best regime we have had since the SB years!  Love both McD and Beane and been on both their trains since the beginning!  

Me too... Living in the Carolinas and only getting panthers games on TV every week, McDermott was the guy I wanted.

all aboard the process train!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, vorpma said:

It's still early in the season but at the moment the "process is looking very successful; I really am not missing Watkins, Darby, Dareus, or even Gilmore! Wish them all the best but I love this team! Class and Character - the product of a great rebuild and yes - THE PROCESS!!!!

I dont necessarily miss these guys, but you have 2 Super Bowl rings and an AFC Champ contender listed there. It's not like having them is a bad thing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Gilmore and Watkins on this team right now makes us a better team.  

Also, it makes two AFC contenders weaker not having them 

If they don’t buy into the system, then they wouldn’t make the team better. Being good isn’t enough for McBeane, you also have to be focused on the team as well. Neither of those guys were interested in that while here. 

Revisionist history. They had the cap room to bring back Gilmore. They botched the 3rd round comp pick they would have gotten.  I thought the plan was to sign your own drafted guys? McD let him walk and it was a bad decision. 

Getting a 2nd for Watkins was a good trade. Whaley is out of the NFL because of two things - never getting the QB and the Watkins trade/pick. We may never know who was the guy who wanted Manuel. 

But it's time to move on. The process is and always was about Allen. Nothing else matters.

1 hour ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

If they don’t buy into the system, then they wouldn’t make the team better. Being good isn’t enough for McBeane, you also have to be focused on the team as well. Neither of those guys were interested in that while here. 

No argument about Watkins not wanting to be here. 

But Gilmore never made a negative comment about the team or Buffalo. He was probably pissed they decided to pay Tyrod and not extend him after his fourth year. 

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

Have to say, watching KC highlights makes me jealous. They have an embarrassment of  receiving riches . 

Have to think we get some even better receivers next year. And another back.

9 hours ago, vorpma said:

It's still early in the season but at the moment the "process is looking very successful; I really am not missing Watkins, Darby, Dareus, or even Gilmore! Wish them all the best but I love this team! Class and Character - the product of a great rebuild and yes - THE PROCESS!!!!

I would say that it is a "work in progress" trending towards success.   Also, some of the folks you mentioned are also having the greatest seasons of their careers.   Both Glimore and Watkins have been dominating in the 1st two weks. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Revisionist history. They had the cap room to bring back Gilmore. They botched the 3rd round comp pick they would have gotten.  I thought the plan was to sign your own drafted guys? McD let him walk and it was a bad decision. 

Getting a 2nd for Watkins was a good trade. Whaley is out of the NFL because of two things - never getting the QB and the Watkins trade/pick. We may never know who was the guy who wanted Manuel. 

But it's time to move on. The process is and always was about Allen. Nothing else matters.

No argument about Watkins not wanting to be here. 

But Gilmore never made a negative comment about the team or Buffalo. He was probably pissed they decided to pay Tyrod and not extend him after his fourth year. 

Im ok with it....give me Tre White (a top corner) and Levi Wallace (who is turning out to be a stud)

8 hours ago, vorpma said:

No. Gilmore left for more money and yes he is now performing for the Patriots he did not in Buffalo; so long and enjoy, wish him the best

Gilmore did perform in Buffalo, just never for a full season. He always sucked the first half of the season and then played like an elite corner the second half. Part of the problem, in my opinion, was that he played in a way to preserve himself physically for his 2nd contract. That's why he was never a willing tackler.

Actually his first year in NE was the same. He sucked the first few games and Pats fans wanted him gone, but the he came around and has been performing well ever since.

11 hours ago, vorpma said:

never heard of those players.

been trusting the process since McDermott got here because it makes sense and works.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

This team doesnt need stars with our zone defense and multiple offense.

Those guys would just be one of a number of guys on this team. Its not like Watkins would be killing it over here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Gilmore did perform in Buffalo, just never for a full season. He always sucked the first half of the season and then played like an elite corner the second half. Part of the problem, in my opinion, was that he played in a way to preserve himself physically for his 2nd contract. That's why he was never a willing tackler.

Actually his first year in NE was the same. He sucked the first few games and Pats fans wanted him gone, but the he came around and has been performing well ever since.

It takes time to get into T*m's boys club and get the special supplements.

We always knew Gilmore was good. Going to the Patriots almost ensures a Superbowl ring so that is no surprise. McDermott's defense was doing very well without him. I don't feel like we need him right now.

Watkins is looking good recently. His fans been waiting a long time to say I told you so. After so long you can finally feel justified.

All the Bills have needed since McDermott took over was an offence. 

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

It depends on their attitudes.  Gilmore is now considered the best CB in the game.  He would not be considered the best CB in the game if he still played in Buffalo, playing at the same level.  For some players, this is a problem, so they need to leave Buffalo for the market that will best suit their ego.

As far as Watkins, he's just too injury prone to be available as much as they'd need him to be.

• Like (+1) 1

Sweet Jesus.  I’ve never seen so many responses to a passing comment. 

The Bills roster would technically be better if those two were on it.  I didn’t say culture. I didn’t say value.  I’m just talking overall talent wise. 

Also, I hate that he went to the Pats, but Gilmore went to where someone paid him 15 mil and we weren’t going to be close to that.  I can’t blame him there.  

Watkins was always just frustrating to me with injuries. Just amazing potential there. 

This isn’t me saying I wish we kept them.  

I’m saying it doesn’t make Beane more glorious for getting rid of them 

2 hours ago, Lfod said:

We always knew Gilmore was good. Going to the Patriots almost ensures a Superbowl ring so that is no surprise. McDermott's defense was doing very well without him. I don't feel like we need him right now.

Watkins is looking good recently. His fans been waiting a long time to say I told you so. After so long you can finally feel justified.

All the Bills have needed since McDermott took over was an offence. 

Still never lived up to his first round draft status and its only week two - almost injury time!

58 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Sweet Jesus.  I’ve never seen so many responses to a passing comment. 

The Bills roster would technically be better if those two were on it.  I didn’t say culture. I didn’t say value.  I’m just talking overall talent wise. 

Also, I hate that he went to the Pats, but Gilmore went to where someone paid him 15 mil and we weren’t going to be close to that.  I can’t blame him there.  

Watkins was always just frustrating to me with injuries. Just amazing potential there. 

This isn’t me saying I wish we kept them.  

I’m saying it doesn’t make Beane more glorious for getting rid of them 

Virgil,

You are one of the All Pro members of TBD, not your comment that kicked this off. What I seen yesterday was a football team playing to win and the culture developing that many have been waiting for since 1999. No more divas just players wanting to win. Sorry, I lost faith in Watkins year three, Gilmore another story. I wanted the tank and rebuild, not just players but scouting and front office. This team a dumpster fire that scammed us for over 15 years and finally getting serious about winning! 

• Thank you (+1) 1