McBeane and the Process

vorpma

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Gilmore wasn’t traded. 

Watkins got us a second.  So yes, we couldn’t have traded up for Edmunds.  I’d rather have Edmunds.  

Outside of that, you just can’t say we’d be a worse team adding them to our roster

Gilmore definitely, but Watkins was addition by subtraction

29 minutes ago, Success said:

They’re looking very smart right now.  It feels like the team is in good hands and will be for years.

I don’t miss Gilmore - I only wish the Pats didn’t get him.  He’s their best player in D and a real difference maker for them.

My thoughts exactly. White and Gilmore as your 2 CB's is devastating. But Levi Wallace has a lot of promise. Plus White is going to demand a Gilmore-like contract next year, so I don't know if it's wise to allocate that much money to your CB's in this style of defense. Oh yeah, and this is a very important point: I don't think Gilmore would fit in this locker room. All of these McBeane Bills actually seem to like playing in Buffalo and like the fans.

• Like (+1) 1

The decisions can be wrong and the "process" can still work........but it's a lot easier when you have guys that they passed on like Mahomes and Watkins and Gilmore than doing it without them.

The bar has been set high though.........the list of players the Bills have passed on or let walk who have gone on to play and play well in SB's and championship games just since McDermott got here is astonishing.  

This team has a once-in-a-generation level easy schedule and McBeane have been given full control of a roster that was very underrated when they got here and sacrificed two seasons to get to this point so they should be expected to win 10-11 games and have a very good chance to win a playoff game for the first time in 25 years. :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Gilmore and Watkins on this team right now makes us a better team.  

Also, it makes two AFC contenders weaker not having them 

Not a chance!

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The decisions can be wrong and the "process" can still work........but it's a lot easier when you have guys that they passed on like Mahomes and Watkins and Gilmore than doing it without them.

The bar has been set high though.........the list of players the Bills have passed on or let walk who have gone on to play and play well in SB's and championship games just since McDermott got here is astonishing.  

This team has a once-in-a-generation level easy schedule and McBeane have been given full control of a roster that was very underrated when they got here and sacrificed two seasons to get to this point so they should be expected to win 10-11 games and have a very good chance to win a playoff game for the first time in 25 years. :thumbsup:

OK, whatever!

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Disagree, individuals and divas; stop clinging to the failed past and embrace the positive future!

48 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Gilmore wasn’t traded. 

Watkins got us a second.  So yes, we couldn’t have traded up for Edmunds.  I’d rather have Edmunds.  

Outside of that, you just can’t say we’d be a worse team adding them to our roster

No. Gilmore left for more money and yes he is now performing for the Patriots he did not in Buffalo; so long and enjoy, wish him the best

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

It also has a significant effect on the cap and roster moves. Neither player "bought into Buffalo". They were ready to leave as soon as they got here. 

The players here now want to be here

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The Process is good, although I still have issues with The Process WRT gameday decisions.  It hasn't cost us yet, here's hoping McD gets it straightened out.

No one doubts the success of McB's process/culture change with this organization.  But as a game day coach his process is a C+.....you cannot sit on 14 pt leads anymore in today's NFL....The Jets will agree...

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No one doubts the success of McB's process/culture change with this organization.  But as a game day coach his process is a C+.....you cannot sit on 14 pt leads anymore in today's NFL....The Jets will agree...

And they won...with a 14 point margin.

Crazytown.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Vice versa.

Not bad if you are, means we are both tracking!

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And they won...with a 14 point margin.

Crazytown.

They cannot accept success!

55 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It was said...I responded

As much as you provide some really great posts, I thiiiiink you are caught in the "really good .500 era" of Bills Football!