Jump to content
thronethinker

Singletary Update??

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Again, this is the same for all primary RBs.  They all run at end of games to chew clock, they all get short yardage situations...they still finish with better than 4 ypc.  He is at 2.8 ypc on the year with his best day at 3.6 ypc.  Are you going to go now and back out all short yardage and clock chewing carries from all other primary RBs?  If you did there would be a heck of a lot of them who average 5 ypc or more then.  

 

I like Gore being here, not about that, but I’m still concerned about him being a big part of the offense.  He looks slower than he did last year so far IMO.  And Singletary has been a substantial spark to our offense both weeks.

 

Im fine with Gore being out there and in a rotation, but I wouldn’t feel good about the idea of having to lean on him if Singletary is out a while.  He could still get rolling more, just commenting on what we have seen from him thus far.  

 

Currently Gore and Singletary are splitting snaps (Devin with a few more).  Gore is taking all the tougher rushing situations.

I agree about Gore not being in a position to take the bulk of snaps as a good idea if Devin is out for a while.

I'm sure that will not be the plan.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Guys he just called and told me he's fine so no need to panic ok

 

Are you his mom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Aren't we all? 😉

Minute to minute, baby! Take nothing for granted! 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Bad O line and all that, but if you look at Shady’s game logs last year you’ll see a bunch of negative yardage runs - probably the primary reason they decided to bring in Gore. You don’t sustain drives by moving backwards. 

I love me some Frank Gore. 

 

 

I have a fairly simple analysis that I go off for modern RB's.........if you can't expect to get well over league average ypa(4.2) from a heavy use RB then that RB better be exacting a toll on the defense.

 

Shady didn't hand out any punishment and averaged less than league average ypa the last two seasons..........something had to give.

 

Gore last year had a "big" uptick in ypa for his standard but he also wasn't getting goal line and short yardage carries like he was at other stops..........so this game yesterday really was a quintessential late career Frank Gore game...........you need 10 yards he'll get you 4-5.........you need 1 yard he'll get you 1 and a half........he's a grinder does all the little things well and brings toughness and other intangibles.    Great role model for Singletary.

 

Gore is also good in the snow..........had a helluva game with over 100 yards versus the Bills in the snow game in 2017 for the Colts.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

I have a fairly simple analysis that I go off for modern RB's.........if you can't expect to get well over league average ypa(4.2) from a heavy use RB then that RB better be exacting a toll on the defense.

 

Shady didn't hand out any punishment and averaged less than league average ypa the last two seasons..........something had to give.

 

Gore last year had a "big" uptick in ypa for his standard but he also wasn't getting goal line and short yardage carries like he was at other stops..........so this game yesterday really was a quintessential late career Frank Gore game...........you need 10 yards he'll get you 4-5.........you need 1 yard he'll get you 1 and a half........he's a grinder does all the little things well and brings toughness and other intangibles.    Great role model for Singletary.

 

Gore is also good in the snow..........had a helluva game with over 100 yards versus the Bills in the snow game in 2017 for the Colts.

Also very good in blitz pick up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Also very good in blitz pick up

And does not fumble. 

 

And singletary is split wide a lot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

And does not fumble. 

 

And singletary is split wide a lot.  

 

Gore was credited with 46 fumbles in 14 years (I did not count this year) with 95 TDs.  It did not list how many of his own fumbles he recovered which happens for RBs occasionally with ball popping out and then RB grabbing it as he went down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2019 at 4:31 PM, Philo Beddoe said:

 

So rest him for Cincy sounds like? Probably don't need him anyway, Bengals defense not looking sharp to start the season.

 

Be careful, now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SloanBillsFan said:

One of the things I love most about the current culture of the Bills is that they take nothing for granted. I know Cinci isn't anything resembling a power house but almost (almost) any NFL team is capable of pulling one out of its butt every so often. The Bills did it vs the Vikings last year. 

 

McBeane & Co don't allow themselves the luxury of considering any opponent a "gimme". That's why this team is going to be very special. 

 

I absolutely agree. I love Singletary and want him to be healthy. My point was that if he needs to rest a game to get 100% healthy, then I'm more comfortable with that being against the Bengals than some other teams on our schedule. Hopefully Yeldon can step up and Kroft/Roberts could be back as well to help offset Singletary's production. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot off the cold press 

 

 

Bills are waiting to find out if Singletary will be able to be in the lineup for their Week Three game against the Bengals. Singletary injured his hamstring in the second half of Sunday’s victory over the Giants and head coach Sean McDermott said on Monday that the team considers him day-to-day while “gathering information” about how seriously he’s injured.

“Still don’t know definitively at this point what’s going on there,” McDermott said, via the Buffalo News.

 

IF  if he can’t go, T.J. Yeldon may have a bigger role on offense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe this week's offensive game plan will including a heavier rushing attack, and I think Singeltary will be a go all week. But I still expect the majority of carries go to Gore, and I think Yeldon will get about five carries. I believe the Bills are bringing Singeltary along slowly to keep him fresh and the limit the amount NFL film the Pats* have on him before next week's game. Now, if the Bills' O comes out and lays an egg through the first-half, they'd take the reins off him. I see Singletary really has only been used when needed so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scribo said:

I believe this week's offensive game plan will including a heavier rushing attack, and I think Singeltary will be a go all week. But I still expect the majority of carries go to Gore, and I think Yeldon will get about five carries. I believe the Bills are bringing Singeltary along slowly to keep him fresh and the limit the amount NFL film the Pats* have on him before next week's game. Now, if the Bills' O comes out and lays an egg through the first-half, they'd take the reins off him. I see Singletary really has only been used when needed so far.

 

Nothing good can happen rushing a hamstring injury. I expect Singletary to be shut down against the Bengals and go with Yeldon and Gore. We need Motor 100% for the Patriots.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

 

Gore was credited with 46 fumbles in 14 years (I did not count this year) with 95 TDs.  It did not list how many of his own fumbles he recovered which happens for RBs occasionally with ball popping out and then RB grabbing it as he went down.

46 fumbles on approx 3900 carries/receptions up to this year.  1.1% fumble rate for Gore over career.  Lower rate than Emmit Smith's 61 fumbles on 5000 possessions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the way the 49ers ran all over Cinci last week, with no elite back, I'm comfortable playing this week with Gore and Yeldon. Give the kid a week off to ensure he'll be available for the New England game.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team hosted the annual Bills’ Rookie Flag Football clinic yesterday, where kids from local NFL sponsored flag football leagues do various drills with the Bills’ rookie players.  Singletary was out on the field with the kids.  He didn’t appear to have any issues walking and running around, and even jumped a couple of times to catch an errant pass.  I would think if the injury was serious, the team would not have allowed him to participate. 

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SonOfWade said:

The team hosted the annual Bills’ Rookie Flag Football clinic yesterday, where kids from local NFL sponsored flag football leagues do various drills with the Bills’ rookie players.  Singletary was out on the field with the kids.  He didn’t appear to have any issues walking and running around, and even jumped a couple of times to catch an errant pass.  I would think if the injury was serious, the team would not have allowed him to participate. 

 

Good news. His injury might just have been cramp if so.

 

I remember the first time I got cramp in my hamstring. It was horrendous. Getting out of the car after a playing a soccer game, bang! It felt like something was in the back of my leg trying to get out through my hammy. Like the scene in Alien where the beast leaves John Hurt's chest. 

 

I used to get cramp in the calfs a lot but the feeling was nothing compared to the pain of hammy cramp. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BritBill said:

 

Good news. His injury might just have been cramp if so.

 

I remember the first time I got cramp in my hamstring. It was horrendous. Getting out of the car after a playing a soccer game, bang! It felt like something was in the back of my leg trying to get out through my hammy. Like the scene in Alien where the beast leaves John Hurt's chest. 

 

I used to get cramp in the calfs a lot but the feeling was nothing compared to the pain of hammy cramp. 

yea, but if you in the the US would have been in  the other hammy

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They practice today so we will see if he is DNP, LP or FP. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t practice today. Tomorrow and Friday are the big days to watch. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SonOfWade said:

The team hosted the annual Bills’ Rookie Flag Football clinic yesterday, where kids from local NFL sponsored flag football leagues do various drills with the Bills’ rookie players.  Singletary was out on the field with the kids.  He didn’t appear to have any issues walking and running around, and even jumped a couple of times to catch an errant pass.  I would think if the injury was serious, the team would not have allowed him to participate. 

 

That is FANTASTIC to hear.  Way to provide some real honest-to-goodness inside info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...