Singletary Update??

thronethinker

20 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Singletary is Buffalo's greatest, little-mentioned, secret weapon and I don't think a lot of Bills' fans realize it yet, because of his limited action...this is why I could care less about Kenyan Drake.

I'm not big into the Madden video game like I used to be when I was younger, but if we're talking that 'Importance to Team' attribute, Singletary's gotta be an 85 at minimum, if Josh Allen is at 90; I think Singletary's that important to the offense's success.

....McDermott and Frazier had better have this gang ready despite the 17 pt spread "drool".......would like to see Daboll call a diversified game using Singeltary, McKenzie, Knox & Sweeney(Kroft may dress), but playing it close to the vest versus showing any new wrinkles worked on during bye week.....and good Lord, NO 3rd quarter lethargic start......

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

I am not sure. It depends how much they will use Singletary.  I',m not entirely sure what his volume will be.  I think that McD is content with Gore pounding the ball.

I hear you. At some point this year I figure Singletary will take over as the primary option, but he could still be limited to only 10 touches or so this week. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Considering every WR is hurt in NE outside of Edelman, I would start Sony

Except Sony doesn’t get the goalline carries, and thus is utterly useless at present.  Last week they consistently brought in Brandon Bolden for all goalline personnel groupings that I saw.  They either ran Bolden (1TD) or ran a QB sneak with Marsha (2TDs).  They’re also more apt to use White in the red zone.

I would start Singletary over Michel in any format, but especially PPR.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I am not sure. It depends how much they will use Singletary.  I',m not entirely sure what his volume will be.  I think that McD is content with Gore pounding the ball.

Yeah, it’s important to remember that Gore has played well, and he’s not going away. Yeldon will probably get some action as well. It’s a matter of opportunities. Time will tell. 

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Except Sony doesn’t get the goalline carries, and thus is utterly useless at present.  Last week they consistently brought in Brandon Bolden for all goalline personnel groupings that I saw.  They either ran Bolden (1TD) or ran a QB sneak with Marsha (2TDs).  They’re also more apt to use White in the red zone.

I wonder if they saw the game last night?  ?

If a freak injury has to happen......but I guess when you have sold your soul you are immune to such events. Seems fair, I guess. 

21 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

That is a good point.  The goalline carries are White and believe it or not, Brady!

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....McDermott and Frazier had better have this gang ready despite the 17 pt spread "drool".......would like to see Daboll call a diversified game using Singeltary, McKenzie, Knox & Sweeney(Kroft may dress), but playing it close to the vest versus showing any new wrinkles worked on during bye week.....and good Lord, NO 3rd quarter lethargic start......

Agreed.

I think Fitzpatrick is going to try come out flinging it like he used to do as a Bill, if the play calls allow for it; he'd love nothing more than to knock his former team off its high. 

Defense can't have any letups, but I really hope to see some explosion from the offense out of the bye, with so many players returning to action; I had a hard looking at the stat that shows the defense having allowed just 70 points after 5 games, only to look over and see that the offense put up just 20 more.

Hopefully the offense's mentality is to come out and prove that it can hold its own weight.

If this is an “easy” game, why would they lean on Singletary as a few have suggested, when they can get him his usual limited touches to test him out and then unleash him next week against the Eagles when it matters more. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Philo said:

I have the exact same predicament. 

Hmm I didn't consider the WR situation. Should we be afraid of a tough Jets defensive line? Michel has been inconsistent at best so far this year. 

I think Singletary has the higher ceiling, because he should have a great chance to bust out one or two big plays against Miami. 

you can think it to death but it’s pretty much throwing darts blindfolded 

Are O has looked the best when Singletary has been on the field. I thought they were king of limiting his touches and then planned on unleashing him against the Pats. That’s what I was thinking until he got injured atleast. No sense limiting him now, let’s get the train moving. 

8 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

As much as I love our defensive stops I would not mind seeing a pick or a fumble that gives us a short field too.The Bills have been really good scoring once in the red zone. I am trying real hard not to jinx my team as I want to believe that there is no way McD brings the team out of their bye not ready to go to work.

And yes, they need to run some up-tempo offense or something after the half because they do seem to come out flat with little energy.

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone else find the way the Bills have handled this injury to be BS?

He has been out for weeks now, but the injury was never reported as being the type of thing to keep him out for weeks.

It has been "we'll see how he is in a few days" for a long time.

It's BS, and it's not like they are reserving some sort of competitive advantage by adopting this approach.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He has been out for weeks now, but the injury was never reported as being the type of thing to keep him out for weeks.

It's BS, and it's not like they are reserving some sort of competitive advantage by adopting this approach.

Didn't find this abnormal. Hamstring injuries are tears of soft tissue to varying degrees - all of which have different recovery periods.  Couple that with the fact that people heal at different rates and you get an indefinite timeline. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It’s a hamstring injury.......there’s always a chance that the player will be out for weeks.  That’s the nature of the injury. There isn’t a set time.  Usually 3-8 weeks imo

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

No. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm fairly sure he was going to play against Tennessee if it hadn't been for the rain and wet field, or that's what was reported at least. Then we had the bye week. Sooooo....no. Not BS at all.