Singletary Update??

thronethinker

31 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I would sit him until after the bye week...not worth the risk...

If the medical staff determines that he can play Sunday that means they have also determined that the likelihood of re-injury is minimal. In other words, if he’s good to go, he’s good to go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The only way to know if he can play, if he says it feels fine, is to play him.  But hamstrings, unless fully healed (you don't really know if they are), can and do go out in an instant.  I should know after multiple experiences after feeling absolutely fine.  Caution should thus be the byword.  Keep him out until after the bye week.

• Like (+1) 1

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/27/buffalo-bills-new-england-patriots-injury-report-devin-singletary/

Buffalo Bills running back Devin Singletary was on the field for a second consecutive day as the Bills began practice Friday.

Singletary was listed as a limited participant Thursday as he continues to recover from a hamstring injury suffered against the Giants.

3 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

The only way to know if he can play, if he says it feels fine, is to play him.  But hamstrings, unless fully healed (you don't really know if they are), can and do go out in an instant.  I should know after multiple experiences after feeling absolutely fine.  Caution should thus be the byword.  Keep him out until after the bye week.

Actually, there is very likely a clear-cut protocol when medical professionals assess a hamstring injury. I don’t think your anecdotal evidence plays into this. Like I said in a previous post. If the medical staff cleared him to play that absolutely means they have also assessed that the likelihood of re-injury is minimal.

5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

That's what I would like to see.

This is our biggest game of the regular season. If he is given a clean bill of health by the Drs then by all means the guy must play! Games after the bye: Miami, Philly, and skins. Do we really need him for any of those games if he does happen to aggravate it this game? Miami we could beat with me running the ball and those next are 2 nfc games. Play the guy now and beat NE! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Should probably just shut him down for the year. 

Retirement isn’t out of the question. 

I think SC actually has a point.....nobody wants him out.....I just dont want to be in week 10 eyeing a playoff spot and one of our playmakers not practicing cuz of a lingering hamstring.

I think Devin is going to be a very good RB in this league

21 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Actually, there is very likely a clear-cut protocol when medical professionals assess a hamstring injury. I don’t think your anecdotal evidence plays into this. Like I said in a previous post. If the medical staff cleared him to play that absolutely means they have also assessed that the likelihood of re-injury is minimal.

The medical staff lets players play and there are plenty of reinjuries that happen.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

The medical staff lets players play and there are plenty of reinjuries that happen.

Yes, they let them play if they have determined that the chance of re-injury is minimal. I would wager that their opinions are far more right than wrong. Don’t take James Woods version of a doctor on “any given Sunday” too literally.

20 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

I get your point. But given all the issues athletes have had by following questionable medical advice from the team doctor, I'd get at least a second opinion. But by this time in the season, nobody is really 100%---not those that play a lot, anyway.  But yes. If the player is confident in his health, and has multiple medical opinions to back it, then he probably should play. If there is a question/disagreement/on-the-fence evaluation, I'd keep him out.

Just now, The Dean said:

I get your point. But given all the issues athletes have had by following questionable medical advice from the team doctor, I'd get at least a second opinion. But by this time in the season, nobody is really 100%---not those that play a lot, anyway.  But yes. If the player is confident in his health, and has multiple medical opinions to back it, then he probably should play. If there is a question/disagreement/on-the-fence evaluation, I'd keep him out.

How do we know that he hasn’t had a second opinion? I really don’t think they would put them out there if there was anything less than a minimal chance of re-injury. I hope I’m wrong

9 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Yes, they let them play if they have determined that the chance of re-injury is minimal. I would wager that their opinions are far more right than wrong. Don’t take James Woods version of a doctor on “any given Sunday” too literally.

The problem all too often all they can do is guess at how it will respond under heavy stress. And when you can go to 3 different doctors snd get 3 different opinions only one can be right...

Edited by matter2003

51 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

tell Kevin Durant that!  I’d be cautious, it’s early in the season.