Singletary Update??

thronethinker

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The team gains more benefit by Singletary practicing, not "throwing the Bengals off by not knowing who to practice for themselves" and that sort of garbage.  

These guys seem to think they are working to crack--and defend--the enigma code and the freedom of the world is at stake.  LOL.   

If he is healthy, get him on the practice field.

Eh. He’s a rb. Let him rest for a couple of days and be ready for when it matters.  I wouldn’t force anyone into a practice situation.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’m skeptical he will play Sunday, and honestly would rather him not even if they think he can.  Hamstring injuries are easily aggravated and can linger all season.  

We should beat the Bengals without him, so let him rest and try and make sure he is 100% before putting him in the field.  Week 4 will be a much more important week to have him than week 3 too.

• Like (+1) 8

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The team gains more benefit by Singletary practicing, not "throwing the Bengals off by not knowing who to practice for themselves" and that sort of garbage.  

These guys seem to think they are working to crack--and defend--the enigma code and the freedom of the world is at stake.  LOL.   

If he is healthy, get him on the practice field.

Common man, Shirley you can't be serious.

4 hours ago, akm0404 said:

He felt his hamstring go in such a way that while still on the field started hopping around and grabbing the back of his leg.

He isn't playing this week, and it's probably best to plan for a month absence to let it fully heal.  This isn't our first hamstring rodeo, friends.

And Mitch Morse should have retired.

• Haha (+1) 1

all Ive read from 1BD is his status is "day to day" well that's what they've been saying about Kroft too and he still hasn't played..they aren't saying much at all which tends to make me worry...it could be he's okay but likely Im thinking it means he's out...same verbiage regarding  Andre Roberts same result...ack. Hope Im wrong and we get them BOTH for this weekend and if not the Pats latest.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Margarita said:

all Ive read from 1BD is his status is "day to day" well that's what they've been saying about Kroft too and he still hasn't played..they aren't saying much at all which tends to make me worry...it could be he's okay but likely Im thinking it means he's out...same verbiage regarding  Andre Roberts same result...ack. Hope Im wrong and we get them BOTH for this weekend and if not the Pats latest.

Kroft broke his foot in May. Everyone is day to day unless they are week to week. McD doesn’t give up injury info. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Tbh, I'd rather he sat for a week or two until whenever his hamstring is back at 100%. Even if it means missing the Cheaters game, or more. 

The kid is looking like he will be a good part of our Offense for more than just this season, and risking continued hamstring problems if he's not 100%, isn't a sensible long term approach to be taking.

One thing I will say though, is that with the new medical facilities, he might genuinely be able to return sooner than expected, and be 100%.

4 hours ago, Margarita said:

FYI - Kroft was full practice today.

https://buffalowdown.com/2019/09/18/buffalo-bills-tyler-kroft-full-participant-practice-ahead-week-3/

Hopefully DS's injury was minor and he is ready to go this week.

Edited by Rock'em Sock'em

8 hours ago, teef said:

Eh. He’s a rb. Let him rest for a couple of days and be ready for when it matters.  I wouldn’t force anyone into a practice situation.  

Lets see what Yeldon can do.

and get Motor hungry.

situational football, week to week

i still hope M Murphy is on speed dial for Bills

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And Mitch Morse should have retired.

I thought he already passed on. God rest his soul.
who the hell was #60 blocking downfield clearing out for the TD the other day anyways ?

4 hours ago, Margarita said:

see  , Bill Belichick  or whatever his name is.
 day to day means 
we are f'n with you bengals and

LOL

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, teef said:

especially  a RB...They need their Hamstrings to be really strong

10 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

FYI - Kroft was full practice today.

https://buffalowdown.com/2019/09/18/buffalo-bills-tyler-kroft-full-participant-practice-ahead-week-3/

Hopefully DS's injury was minor and he is ready to go this week.

If Kroft gets to play this week, does Sweeney goes to inactive on game day?   I really like Sweeney's swagger and ability to make plays.

9 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Knox or Smith goes  first, Sweeney has earned his spot.

Disagree ?

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would say get rid of Smith.  Sweeney and Knox are your futures and have shown early promise.  Kroft is your vet.  

Disagree ? part 2 ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m skeptical he will play Sunday, and honestly would rather him not even if they think he can.  Hamstring injuries are easily aggravated and can linger all season.  

We should beat the Bengals without him, so let him rest and try and make sure he is 100% before putting him in the field.  Week 4 will be a much more important week to have him than week 3 too.

Not so obvious that we can beat the Bengals without Singletary...he was a spark in both wins this season...Gore doesn’t seem to have the same explosiveness...we shall see...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Not so obvious that we can beat the Bengals without Singletary...he was a spark in both wins this season...Gore doesn’t seem to have the same explosiveness...we shall see...

Yeah leaning on Gore makes me nervous too.  Still think we can beat Cincy without Singletary, but I do totally agree he will be missed if he doesn’t play.

2 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Hitting on a run or two in pre-season week three still gives me hope.

Not to mention he has ripped off some good chunk runs this season. We don't NEED 20+ yard runs, they are amazing when they happen, but we need our run game to move the sticks or create 2nd/3rd and short. 

Missing Devin this game will hurt, but we can manage...IF it comes to that. 

• Like (+1) 1