Singletary Update??

thronethinker

Hot off the cold press 

Bills are waiting to find out if Singletary will be able to be in the lineup for their Week Three game against the Bengals. Singletary injured his hamstring in the second half of Sunday’s victory over the Giants and head coach Sean McDermott said on Monday that the team considers him day-to-day while “gathering information” about how seriously he’s injured.

“Still don’t know definitively at this point what’s going on there,” McDermott said, via the Buffalo News.

IF  if he can’t go, T.J. Yeldon may have a bigger role on offense

I believe this week's offensive game plan will including a heavier rushing attack, and I think Singeltary will be a go all week. But I still expect the majority of carries go to Gore, and I think Yeldon will get about five carries. I believe the Bills are bringing Singeltary along slowly to keep him fresh and the limit the amount NFL film the Pats* have on him before next week's game. Now, if the Bills' O comes out and lays an egg through the first-half, they'd take the reins off him. I see Singletary really has only been used when needed so far.

2 minutes ago, scribo said:

I believe this week's offensive game plan will including a heavier rushing attack, and I think Singeltary will be a go all week. But I still expect the majority of carries go to Gore, and I think Yeldon will get about five carries. I believe the Bills are bringing Singeltary along slowly to keep him fresh and the limit the amount NFL film the Pats* have on him before next week's game. Now, if the Bills' O comes out and lays an egg through the first-half, they'd take the reins off him. I see Singletary really has only been used when needed so far.

Nothing good can happen rushing a hamstring injury. I expect Singletary to be shut down against the Bengals and go with Yeldon and Gore. We need Motor 100% for the Patriots.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Gore was credited with 46 fumbles in 14 years (I did not count this year) with 95 TDs.  It did not list how many of his own fumbles he recovered which happens for RBs occasionally with ball popping out and then RB grabbing it as he went down.

46 fumbles on approx 3900 carries/receptions up to this year.  1.1% fumble rate for Gore over career.  Lower rate than Emmit Smith's 61 fumbles on 5000 possessions.

The team hosted the annual Bills’ Rookie Flag Football clinic yesterday, where kids from local NFL sponsored flag football leagues do various drills with the Bills’ rookie players.  Singletary was out on the field with the kids.  He didn’t appear to have any issues walking and running around, and even jumped a couple of times to catch an errant pass.  I would think if the injury was serious, the team would not have allowed him to participate. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SonOfWade said:

The team hosted the annual Bills’ Rookie Flag Football clinic yesterday, where kids from local NFL sponsored flag football leagues do various drills with the Bills’ rookie players.  Singletary was out on the field with the kids.  He didn’t appear to have any issues walking and running around, and even jumped a couple of times to catch an errant pass.  I would think if the injury was serious, the team would not have allowed him to participate. 

Good news. His injury might just have been cramp if so.

I remember the first time I got cramp in my hamstring. It was horrendous. Getting out of the car after a playing a soccer game, bang! It felt like something was in the back of my leg trying to get out through my hammy. Like the scene in Alien where the beast leaves John Hurt's chest. 

I used to get cramp in the calfs a lot but the feeling was nothing compared to the pain of hammy cramp. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Good news. His injury might just have been cramp if so.

I remember the first time I got cramp in my hamstring. It was horrendous. Getting out of the car after a playing a soccer game, bang! It felt like something was in the back of my leg trying to get out through my hammy. Like the scene in Alien where the beast leaves John Hurt's chest. 

I used to get cramp in the calfs a lot but the feeling was nothing compared to the pain of hammy cramp. 

yea, but if you in the the US would have been in  the other hammy

55 minutes ago, SonOfWade said:

That is FANTASTIC to hear.  Way to provide some real honest-to-goodness inside info!

7 hours ago, folz said:

With the way the 49ers ran all over Cinci last week, with no elite back, I'm comfortable playing this week with Gore and Yeldon. Give the kid a week off to ensure he'll be available for the New England game.

but if he is healthy enough to play, he should

• Like (+1) 2