Singletary Update??

thronethinker

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

So, CB, would you then be comfortable in saying...

(wait for it)

(wait for it)

...he Gored them in short yardage situations?!

I know...I'm a moron.

Yes, and he is running with the "buffaloes".

gored.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I hear ya, but I just don’t think Gore has looked like a RB we can lean on for 20 carries a game. 

Ideally the Bills will keep moving the split up until it's somewhere around 10-15 for each guy. They're a nice, complimentary duo and I think it's better to ease Singletary  in this year and then let him completely take over next year.

18 hours ago, CommonCents said:

You honestly don’t think he pulled his hamstring? Or you just messing around? 

He was just acting giddy because he was thrilled that the Bills beat the Giants and his nemesis Ric Ocasek finally passed on the same weekend...........he really holds grudges.:thumbdown:

40 minutes ago, snafu said:

Wow, you've got the vision of an NFL running back? Kudos, bro!!

It's quite obvious I'm talking about the way the two RBs tend to hit the hole quickly.(which is RB's vision) Pretty stupid remark by you. But kudos to you too bro for the silly post.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm sure someone posted this somewhere but this is the most violent 1 yard TD run I've ever seen.  

Can someone please dub JR's voice to this:

That's a 16-year veteran welcoming a rookie LB to the NFL...

40 minutes ago, MDH said:

Ideally the Bills will keep moving the split up until it's somewhere around 10-15 for each guy. They're a nice, complimentary duo and I think it's better to ease Singletary  in this year and then let him completely take over next year.

I was referencing if Singletary had to miss an extended amount of time.  I’m fine with the two splitting carries, just would be worried if we had to lean on Gore more if Singletary had to miss time with this hammy injury. 

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

It's quite obvious I'm talking about the way the two RBs tend to hit the hole quickly.(which is RB's vision) Pretty stupid remark by you. But kudos to you too bro for the silly post.

No *****, Sherlock.

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Oh you get it now? Didn't seem that way with your post.

I was making a joke based upon your putrid grammar.  I got what you were trying to say.

And by the way, Singletary's style is nothing like Jackson's.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was referencing if Singletary had to miss an extended amount of time.  I’m fine with the two splitting carries, just would be worried if we had to lean on Gore more if Singletary had to miss time with this hammy injury. 

I’d wish they’d use Yeldon a little more. Especially as a receiver out the backfield. I’d rather see him than Dimarco 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

I was making a joke based upon your putrid grammar.  I got what you were trying to say.

Well you failed miserably at that. And yeah I disagree. I think they way they find the lane and break tackles make them similar. So just disagree then

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

On 9/15/2019 at 4:31 PM, Philo Beddoe said:

So rest him for Cincy sounds like? Probably don't need him anyway, Bengals defense not looking sharp to start the season.

One of the things I love most about the current culture of the Bills is that they take nothing for granted. I know Cinci isn't anything resembling a power house but almost (almost) any NFL team is capable of pulling one out of its butt every so often. The Bills did it vs the Vikings last year. 

McBeane & Co don't allow themselves the luxury of considering any opponent a "gimme". That's why this team is going to be very special. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I’d wish they’d use Yeldon a little more. Especially as a receiver out the backfield. I’d rather see him than Dimarco 

Me too, Yeldon really looked like a weapon at times in preseason, so be nice to see him get more looks as a receiving back to see what he can do.

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except that’s not how he’s been used.  He’s been used like any other RB, not just tough short situations.  He had 19 carries on Sunday and yet we had very few down and short scenarios.  

I get get what you are saying, but that is just not accurate on how he’s been used or why his ypc is bad to start the year.  

His rushes yesterday:

4,4,1,8,9,4,8,2,4 this is into the 3rd quarter

0,1,1 all 3 of these carries were at the goal line 

3,3,9,3,6,-2 all when the giants knew we were trying to kill clock

At the start of the game he went 9 carries for 44 yards or 4.88 ypc. For the game when you add in the clock killing runs and the goal line runs his average goes way down to 3.77.  3 carries for 2 yards will really bring down an average but none of us should care since it got a td.  

Down and short scenarios:

He got 8 yards on 2nd and 7 first down

He got 9 yards on first and 10,

4 yards on 2nd and 1 first down

8 yards on first and 15

4 yards on 2nd and 1, first down

9 yards on 2nd and 8, first down

6 yards on 2nd and 7

That is 7 of his rushes either getting a first down or creating very manageable down and distance.  I even left of the first down rushes for 4 yards which created 2nd and 6 which I would count as a productive run.

I stand by my original assertion that ypc won't be a good indicator for him in a lot of games.  He was successful at the start of the game and in the middle of the field. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, snafu said:

He said “vision” (as in seeing the field) not “style” (being running style) two different words with different meanings, if you’re gonna get grammar picky... ya gotta be able to follow the sentence wording. Now go have a beer ?? and chill out bro, no pouting allowed ?

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1